Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 09:02 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Thank you, THANK YOU you internet...for revealing just how corrupt and power-mad most of LE is in the USA.
Their not all bad tickyul. My First Sergeant was a Highway Patrol - Good Guy and never heard a bad word about him.

Scum like this though need to be ousted from society

Watch it if you can stomach it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anDbhBHaG38
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 09:45 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
From above article: 'According to the Review-Journal, the officer who released the dog suspected that someone else might've been inside Arenas-Alvarez’s vehicle. They called out: "Anybody inside that car, stand up now ... sending a police dog in." Little Ayleen didn’t answer, and her father didn’t appear to understand the cop's warning.'

Just as I said, communication barrier. Also, this was far from a mauling.

The article posted by the OP was just sensationalism.
Who cares about whether or not or not it was a "mauling"?

Let a dog bite your child for NO reason and we'll just chalk it up to a "communication barrier." Is that cool with you?

I am amazed that there are people in this thread defending the officers in the video.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:52 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Why? He had NO idea there was anyone in the car.

Why do you insist on holding cops accountable for bad information they are given?

Yes, he had no idea, and he released the dog anyway.

There is no excuse for being that incredibly stupid and indifferent to the wellbeing of an innocent child.

Everyone of these punk cops needs to be sent to a maximum security prison with an "I sicked a dog on a baby!" sign around their neck.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-01-2016 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: language

Old 01-01-2016, 08:30 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Just have the settlement( which was ridiculously low) be take directly out of the pension fund of the officers. Not from the city, not form the police departments budget, the police officers pension fund. If they have insurance covering this, have any increase in premiums or deductible or legal costs be taken from the police pension fund. When retired officers see their benefits cut to pay for gross incompetence, negligence or aberrant behavior, and current officers see their future benefits will be reduced, they'll act to remove problem officers and won't cover for them.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I still love to hear the police siren reminding me I live in a country of laws, because most likely they are going after a perp and not a toddler!
"most likely" sweet

Old 01-02-2016, 09:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Please, I would like to read it. I don't expect to.

If he had went back to get his daughter and the cops would have shot him for not doing what they said you would argue he should have followed directions.
Here you go: Police Wrongly Identify Suspect And Police Dog Bites His Daughter

Nobody sent he had to go to his daughter. All he had to do was tell them. Which he couldn't do because of the language barrier.

A tragedy all the way around, but NOT solely the fault of the police, who were given incomplete information from the start.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:24 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,646 times
Quote:
Nobody sent he had to go to his daughter. All he had to do was tell them. Which he couldn't do because of the language barrier.

A tragedy all the way around, but NOT solely the fault of the police, who were given incomplete information from the start.
From your article:

Quote:
Arenas, who speaks little English, can be heard saying, “My baby. I got my baby.” But other officers, who didn't speak Spanish, didn't seem to understand the urgency of the situation. “OK, alright” is the officer's only response as the dog begins to attack the infant child.

Finally, after several long moments, the cop realizes what Arenas meant.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Here you go: Police Wrongly Identify Suspect And Police Dog Bites His Daughter

Are you calling me a liar? The report I saw said that the store owner told the cops that the suspect got in a car that matched the description exactly of the man with the little girl.

Using that standard, it matched probably 20,000 vehicles in the general area "exactly".

Old 01-02-2016, 10:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
The more you think about this........why was a dog and all those cops called over what was a verbal altercation between two people?

In the end, there wasn't even a crime here.

Old 01-02-2016, 10:49 AM

588 posts, read 1,015,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I am amazed that there are people in this thread defending the officers in the video.
They are the type of people that pick a side first, then argue ANY issue from that side, regardless of facts. Completely idiotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies