Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 08:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,977,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Ah, the Ye Olde car vs gun argument.

But it is so true except every year car manufactures do their best to design every safer cars, traffic engineers work hard to make roadways safe and police increase their enforcement efforts. Now if only we could say the same about guns.
The mother should have made it very clear to her child on how to enter their home. I always taught my kids not to enter the house sneaking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Anti-gun people are the most laughable and predictable people on Earth.
They certainly have comprehension issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'd rather be hacked to death than shoot my own kid.
You actually think this mother is overjoyed! She should have taught her daughter how to enter the house.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:54 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,609,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The mother should have made it very clear to her child on how to enter their home. I always taught my kids not to enter the house sneaking in!
Victim blaming - lovely. Bottom line - Mom pulled the trigger needlessly and should be prosecuted for killing a family member through her negligence.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:00 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,439,514 times
Quote:

They certainly have comprehension issues!

You actually think this mother is overjoyed! She should have taught her daughter how to enter the house.
She entered the home loudly enough to wake up her mother, but she was sneaking in?

Old 01-03-2016, 09:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,977,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Victim blaming - lovely. Bottom line - Mom pulled the trigger needlessly and should be prosecuted for killing a family member through her negligence.
Get over it........it is called knowing what you are walking into. Why was a 27 yr old arriving at midnight and the parents didn't know? My kids hung out late and they were taught how to arrive, so I knew it was them and not an intruder......this is called both of us being aware and survival!

Also, little something about a pacemaker and not a gun shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
She entered the home loudly enough to wake up her mother, but she was sneaking in?
I don't know if you have kids who have arrived late.......from my experience I knew it was my kids entering, they were taught to do certain things. Like loud cars and trucks pulling in the yard was always a dead give away at 2:00 in the morning.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:19 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,234,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Actually the reality is 911 isn't going to do you any good once someone is in the home.

While this situation never should have happened, can you explain more about how 911 is going to save you?

Do you say to the intruder "I called 911 they should be here in about 5 minutes, how about a cup of coffee".
Beats the crap out killing your kid.

"Save you" from what? A burglar? Your slightly tipsy neighbor who has the wrong house? Your spouse? Your daughter?

Since the husband was in the house, why the hell didn't she just scream for him? Why didn't she ask who was there? Instead, she just blew away whoever was in her line of fire without being able to see who it was ... and it turned out to be her daughter instead of "undesirable" looking to do evil.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:35 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,234,248 times
Quote:
Get over it........it is called knowing what you are walking into. Why was a 27 yr old arriving at midnight and the parents didn't know? My kids hung out late and they were taught how to arrive, so I knew it was them and not an intruder......this is called both of us being aware and survival!

Also, little something about a pacemaker and not a gun shot.

I don't know if you have kids who have arrived late.......from my experience I knew it was my kids entering, they were taught to do certain things. Like loud cars and trucks pulling in the yard was always a dead give away at 2:00 in the morning.
Even living at home, 27 is kinda old for a curfew or having Mommy and Daddy keeping tabs on your comings and goings.

You need to stop defending the indefensible. The woman blew away her daughter because she neglected to be sure of the situation! I grew up around guns in a family of hunters. First rule: never point your gun at something without being sure you know what you're shooting at.

The stupid woman made a "sound shot": she heard a noise, saw something/someone move, and pulled the trigger without knowing what she was shooting at. She's no different than the stupid yahoo out deer hunting who hears something coming through the thick evergreens along a ridge and opens fire ... killing another hunter wearing blaze orange but impossible to see because of the evergreens. Both are guilty of criminal negligence.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:47 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,709,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Even living at home, 27 is kinda old for a curfew or having Mommy and Daddy keeping tabs on your comings and goings.

You need to stop defending the indefensible. The woman blew away her daughter because she neglected to be sure of the situation! I grew up around guns in a family of hunters. First rule: never point your gun at something without being sure you know what you're shooting at.

The stupid woman made a "sound shot": she heard a noise, saw something/someone move, and pulled the trigger without knowing what she was shooting at. She's no different than the stupid yahoo out deer hunting who hears something coming through the thick evergreens along a ridge and opens fire ... killing another hunter wearing blaze orange but impossible to see because of the evergreens. Both are guilty of criminal negligence.

Try reading the article, she wasn't living at home. She was visiting them from NC for the holidays in FL.

While the mother is an idiot, get the story straight.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:54 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,709,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Beats the crap out killing your kid.

"Save you" from what? A burglar? Your slightly tipsy neighbor who has the wrong house? Your spouse? Your daughter?

Since the husband was in the house, why the hell didn't she just scream for him? Why didn't she ask who was there? Instead, she just blew away whoever was in her line of fire without being able to see who it was ... and it turned out to be her daughter instead of "undesirable" looking to do evil.

I'm not defending this woman, she is an idiot.

But let's not pretend the only people who come into your home uninvited are tipsy neighbors.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:06 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,965,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Try reading the article, she wasn't living at home. She was visiting them from NC for the holidays in FL.

While the mother is an idiot, get the story straight.
So the mother knows here daughter is visiting. She presumably knew that she was still out when she went to bed. And yet she assumes that the noise she hears is an intruder. Seriously, a retard like that shouldn't have been allowed near a gun.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:15 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,284,576 times
Come On..... she shot her daughter because she was shooting IN THE DARK and Unable to tell who or even what , she was shooting. Done deal pull her right to possess a fire arm. If I kill your daughter with my car by accident because my headlights don't work , can I just walk away and continue on with MY LIFE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, let us at least note that she had reason to be afraid of the possibility of someone breaking into her house since her husband had been in the past an undercover narcotics police officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies