Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 07:29 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times

Advertisements

Intetested read.

The myth of the cop killing ‘epidemic’ | New York Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 07:57 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,299,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Great article! However if you listen to the cop haters on here the cops are just offing blacks at a record pace!

Old 01-03-2016, 01:43 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
CD leo haters will never acknowledge anything that is true that doesn't support their fantasy positions. How many are crooks themselves... I would bet statistically significant....

Thanks for posting the truth

Old 01-03-2016, 06:50 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
CD leo haters will never acknowledge anything that is true that doesn't support their fantasy positions. How many are crooks themselves... I would bet statistically significant....

Thanks for posting the truth

Thats all you got for every thread? Step up keyboard warriors, go on a ride along, I bet you all are criminals?
Do you have any idea how silly you look as an LEO? Not doing LEO defense much justice. Thanks for posting your truth. Guilty until proven innocent. Nice attitude.

Once again this article doesnt talk about predatory practices, policing for profit, falsifying reports, bad attitudes of police in general, not only in ghetto areas, unscrupulous prosecutor practices by not sending police to jail for obvious unjust killings, and worst of all, cops on message boards that continuously show a sample of how bloodthirsty and jaded they really are.
Shame on you.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 01-03-2016 at 07:19 PM..

Old 01-03-2016, 07:14 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Thats all you got for every thread? Step up keyboard warriors, go on a ride along, I bet you all are criminals?
Do you have any idea how silly you look as an LEO? Not doing LEO defense much justice. Thanks for posting your truth.

Once again this article doesnt talk about predatory practices, policing for profit, falsifying reports, bad attitudes of police in general, not only in ghetto areas, unscrupulous prosecutor practices by not sending police to jail for obvious unjust killings, and worst of all, cops on message boards that continuously show a sample of how bloodthirsty and jaded they really are.
Shame on you.
Pretty much cut and paste attitude.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:19 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
This is why critical thinking skills must be taught to children. The mass media has too much power to control how people perceive the world. Lying by omission is their biggest weapon– sensationalize all white(cop)-on-black crime, ignore most black-on-white crime.

How Mass Media Manipulates Public Opinion

Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Medias

Old 01-04-2016, 05:07 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
So, to help me understand, what is the permissible times per year cops are allowed to shoot unarmed black men/boys that are presenting no threat to the cops or to anyone else? 1? 10? 50? How about for white folks? When have you bagged your limit for them? And is there a different limit for women/girls vs men/boys, like deer hunting for bucks vs does? Not interested in your rhetoric, just give me your numbers.

Just askin'....

And just for the record I'm an old white male moderate with no criminal record.
Mahalo

Old 01-04-2016, 08:55 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
i dont believe a cop should be able to shoot if you are just running away

i want to believe that a cop should not be able to shoot till someone shoots first, reason kid with toy gun, guy with telephone. etc.

but that just what i want to believe,

Old 01-05-2016, 07:48 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post

i want to believe that a cop should not be able to shoot till someone shoots first

That would be stupid on the cop's part. If he waits, he might be dead.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:42 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i dont believe a cop should be able to shoot if you are just running away

i want to believe that a cop should not be able to shoot till someone shoots first, reason kid with toy gun, guy with telephone. etc.

So, take the scenario where a man with a firearm is walking up to a police officer. He never fires, he just keeps walking until he can press the barrel of the gun up against the officer's temple. Then he gets his first shot in.
The line is somewhere between that and what happened to Walter Scott, but you cannot draw a clear line at "someone else must shoot first".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies