Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 05:29 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times

Advertisements

I am very disgusted and angry. I just read that only 9 or 10 senators voted to "pause" the refugees from terrorist producing countries. Pat Roberts was not one of them, Marco Rubio likewise. Total deal killer for me. Rand Paul introduced this common sense bill. Ted Cruz voted for it. This thing was a no brainer for anyone that cares one rip about our children and grandchildren. Speechless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 06:04 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,902,291 times
I'm not really surprised. Most Republicans I know personally don't oppose bringing over refugees from Syria or wherever they might come from
Kansas Republicans have traditionally fallen into the self called "compassionate conservative" camp and if you understand what that is, you will understand why many don't oppose bringing over refugees.

Brownback once called himself a compassionate conservative as well, but that label no longer fits for him.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comp...e_conservatism

Old 12-19-2015, 07:41 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times
God help us he did it again. Voted for the omnibus bill that the crooks Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell pushed through. Evil!

Old 12-20-2015, 08:19 PM

358 posts, read 444,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I am very disgusted and angry. I just read that only 9 or 10 senators voted to "pause" the refugees from terrorist producing countries. Pat Roberts was not one of them, Marco Rubio likewise. Total deal killer for me. Rand Paul introduced this common sense bill. Ted Cruz voted for it. This thing was a no brainer for anyone that cares one rip about our children and grandchildren. Speechless!
I'm curious about your attitude on this. I don't understand the irrational fear and threat you feel about allowing refugees into this country who have gone through at 2-3 vetting period. You will almost certainly die from heart disease or cancer, or maybe from an accident or strange disease, but the likelihood you'll be harmed by a terrorist is essentially zero.

The real question you should be asking your senator is what is he doing to sponsor research in something that will really save your life like finding a cure for heart disease.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:14 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh01 View Post
I'm curious about your attitude on this. I don't understand the irrational fear and threat you feel about allowing refugees into this country who have gone through at 2-3 vetting period. You will almost certainly die from heart disease or cancer, or maybe from an accident or strange disease, but the likelihood you'll be harmed by a terrorist is essentially zero.

The real question you should be asking your senator is what is he doing to sponsor research in something that will really save your life like finding a cure for heart disease.
You're right. We shouldn't be wasting money bringing in refugees since there are no jobs and our welfare system is already overwhelmed by illegals and those using the meth coming in from the Mexican drug cartel.

As we have all read or should have read, the vetting process is not very good. What we also should have read is what Islam is and how it will effect our country. Islam is a system of government and religion all in one.

An Inquiry Into Islam: Islam's Prime Directive This is so against everything that our country was founded on. And, you better understand this also: TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and Lying

Those that want to live with these people should get their passports in order! I don't want their religion and I surely don't want to support them with our tax dollars.

I came across this agency that promotes "refugees" in KS. It is too bad that we don't have more helping our own citizens that live in poverty and/or are homeless: http://www.rescue.org/us-program/us-wichita-ks What we need in KS is more welfare recipients. http://www.kansas.com/opinion/editor...le4166912.html Looks like "refugees" will only add to the problem of poverty in Wichita as they, like the illegals, such down tax dollars meant to help our own poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to elect people that are ready to serve the people. We see continued cuts, a falling apart infrastructure, plenty of money for "foreign" interests. Medicaid is trying to choke out our own needy to spread it for the foreign invasion legal and illegal. Shake it up by your vote for POTUS.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 12-21-2015 at 09:22 AM..

Old 12-21-2015, 01:34 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:

can't say I know your children and grandchildren up until now, but I hope they have a nice holiday season if that helps any.

-Sim Salabin

Old 12-21-2015, 06:53 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,000,620 times
Vetted? HOW? We know NOTHING about these folks...there are no records...we don't really know where they're from, or who they are, or IF they are fleeing FROM attackers, or coming here to attack US! We do NOT know.

Our government's main duty is to protect the country from attackers. Period.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:17 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz has explained what the meaning of "show votes" is. This was a show vote since there was no chance of the bill passing.

I agree with the premise but not sure of the details. It seems that many politicians want to be "big" and "compassionate" with our money and well-being though.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:21 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
America is broke and can ill afford more dependents, this aside from the fact that the fed govt has no constitutional authority to import them.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:24 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Vetted? HOW? We know NOTHING about these folks...there are no records...we don't really know where they're from, or who they are, or IF they are fleeing FROM attackers, or coming here to attack US! We do NOT know.

Our government's main duty is to protect the country from attackers. Period.
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies