Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:35 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Very poor behavior for a congressman not to mention some of the posters here, would have been nice for him to address the points in the EO rather than using foul language but that is what we come to expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 10:52 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Blah blah blah.

Some second rate insignificant politician says something and conservatives are having orgasms.
I don't know any conservatives that had orgasms due to Obama's little acting job.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:14 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This is very childish and disrespectful. He's a representative from one of the biggest crime ridden and welfare states in the nation and wants to talk to the President like that? Doesn't make any sense.
And the president is from Chicago, murder capitol of the US.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:15 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
And yet, the GOP thinks it's perfectly OK to sell guns to people on "no-fly" lists..

Because passing out guns like they were candy or toys is just so responsible
Many people are on the "no fly" list by mistake, the late Senator Ted Kennedy was on it.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:38 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
I live in Tennessee, Andy Holt is not my representative but I wish he was. I am glad someone is willing to stand up for states rights. Obama is breaking the law with this new edict. I don't think anyone is obligated to obey it. Nor do I think all the other federal overreaches lately are legal, nor do I think any state is obligated to obey. States had the opportunity to reassert their constitutional rights when the gay marriage ruling came out this summer but none of the governors had the guts to do it. Andy Holt should be governor of Tennessee, he would have my vote. We need good states rights governors elected in all Southern states. Its time to stand up again, time to tell them NO. If that led to something bigger like another secessionist movement then so be it. Its time to be Americans again.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:42 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And the president is from Chicago, murder capitol of the US.
Remember he never had a tear, until yesterday. Why all of a sudden his concern for children?

Bet that cry job, pepper on the finger, inspires a lot of terrorist.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:51 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I live in Tennessee, Andy Holt is not my representative but I wish he was. I am glad someone is willing to stand up for states rights. Obama is breaking the law with this new edict. I don't think anyone is obligated to obey it. Nor do I think all the other federal overreaches lately are legal, nor do I think any state is obligated to obey. States had the opportunity to reassert their constitutional rights when the gay marriage ruling came out this summer but none of the governors had the guts to do it. Andy Holt should be governor of Tennessee, he would have my vote. We need good states rights governors elected in all Southern states. Its time to stand up again, time to tell them NO. If that led to something bigger like another secessionist movement then so be it. Its time to be Americans again.

Well stated.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:10 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
The only think that Andy Holt did was embarrass himself in front of the nation. What a classless dolt.

The last thing any nation needs is another George Wallace, but that's up to him..

Old 01-06-2016, 01:00 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
How is hiring more ATF agents breaking the law, how is restricting purchases of machine guns through trusts breaking the law, how about $500M for mental health, research gun safety technology. Did you even read the EO or are you just ranting.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...e-and-make-our

Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
The only think that Andy Holt did was embarrass himself in front of the nation. What a classless dolt.

The last thing any nation needs is another George Wallace, but that's up to him..

The last thing any nation needs is an overbearing federal government that violates the rights of its citizens. Andy Holt is just calling them out on those violations. I know the viewpoint is different up there in New England but one thing is the same. The constitution is the same, north or south. If it is not followed our peaceful happy union is done for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies