Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 09:21 AM

170 posts, read 104,947 times

Advertisements

CNN Op-Ed Calls For Obama to Declare

I don't think this was needed as I think its already on Obama's mind. What can I do to stay in power...he KNOWS he has to take guns away from the law abiding...I will not be convinced he is leaving until that POS is OUT of the WH come next January. Until then not convinced. He is dangerous because in his own mind he is a legend who doesn't get the respect he wants.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:46 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,001,182 times
Lobbyists and the influence of Big money has turned our Republic into the state we are at now...
It is bigger than just one man we just have a spoiled little child that will be a footnote in history in about a year.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:59 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator1483 View Post

I don't think this was needed as I think its already on Obama's mind. What can I do to stay in power...he KNOWS he has to take guns away from the law abiding...I will not be convinced he is leaving until that POS is OUT of the WH come next January. Until then not convinced. He is dangerous because in his own mind he is a legend who doesn't get the respect he wants.
Just as I call out newbies with ultra left wing koolaid drinking threads, I must do the same here.

While Obama is certainly a self loving narcissist who would have disarmed the public long ago if not for our Constitution.
The notion that he needs to quickly disarm us in a years time to stay in power is frankly absurd.

A more realistic, though speculative view, is that he is doing this because he is not running for re-election, and is trying to provide some cover for Hillary "jumping the shark" by announcing her own radical anti-2nd Amendment agenda.

Remember he was smart enough to know many gun owning (D's) would never have voted for him, had he not couched and obfuscated (i.e. lied) his own anti-gun viewpoints. Sure it slipped out now and then, but not enough for the kooliaid drinking (D) zombies to be fully aware of it.
Now that Hillary has made this strategic mistake, they have to try and turn public opinion to the degree that Hillary (i.e. Democratic party) has a chance to keep power for the party.

`

Old 01-10-2016, 10:06 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator1483 View Post

I of course did not click on your link (clothesline?), but are you speaking of the opinion by Mark Kelly, here?

Mark Kelly: Obama is right to act on guns (Opinion) - CNN.com

Old 01-10-2016, 10:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
The progressives are one scary bunch. They don't care that we have laws and rights.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:27 AM

170 posts, read 104,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I of course did not click on your link (clothesline?), but are you speaking of the opinion by Mark Kelly, here?

Mark Kelly: Obama is right to act on guns (Opinion) - CNN.com
No this one is by Elliot Fineman. Head of some anti gun nutter group.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:10 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
This is the source article: Victim's father: Obama's gun actions won't work (Opinion) - CNN.com

Old 01-10-2016, 11:14 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
I doubt he would do such a thing. He doesn't want a full blown revolution on his hands. That would spoil his little legacy..
Wait.. As of now he basically has no legacy.. Now I'm concerned..

Old 01-10-2016, 11:23 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times
And then we have this one, if it is not the one referenced in the OP.

I want Obama to take away your guns - CNN.com

Old 01-10-2016, 11:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I doubt he would do such a thing. He doesn't want a full blown revolution on his hands. That would spoil his little legacy..
Wait.. As of now he basically has no legacy.. Now I'm concerned..
Sure he has a legacy....built on EO's and memos to Congress.

Cheer Up, Obama
President Obama seems to aspire to join Franklin Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan as one of the three most transformative presidents of the past hundred years, and by all outward signs he has achieved that goal. But while Roosevelt and Reagan sold their programs to the American people and enacted them with bipartisan support, Mr. Obama jammed his partisan agenda down the public’s throat. The Obama legacy is built on executive orders, regulations and agency actions that can be overturned using the same authority Mr. Obama employed to put them in place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies