Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 07:18 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Your entire post was a pleasure to read, but especially this part. Although Obama didn't do everything perfectly, he has done a very good job keeping us out of a major conflict. Listening to the Republican candidates, and want they are suggesting we do internationally is concerning. We are not going to be stomping around the world making demands, and trying to impose our will without receiving tremendous blowback. It is unrealistic to think that we will. The majority of American wouldn't want us to force ourselves like that anyway. Obama has done a good job keeping at bay the aggressive war monger aspect of the Republican party. He gets little credit for doing this, but I recognize and appreciate it.
Here's another one that thinks we should never fight for our beliefs no matter what.
In Obumma's world, we'd have to go through a metal detector at every single building entrance. That's not the America most want to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 07:22 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I thought it od that the chick from S.C. was critical of Pres Obama's ability to fight domestic terrorism when it was in her state under her government that a terror attack (or hate crime if you want to call it) occurred. It was her state that just recently decided to have the racist rebel flag removed.

I'd recommend she work on fixing her state before going national and criticizing anything Pres Obama's administration accomplished.
I guess you missed the part of her speech where she talked about the terrorist attack in her state, and how the people of her state came together to grieve and removed a symbol of hatred under her watch. So, you are berating her for not doing something she actually did.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator1483 View Post
Ky. County Clerk Kim Davis Invited to State of the Union

Cool. I hope this is an exciting one along the lines of the YOU LIE one..
Kim Davis and Obama have a lot in common. Both are public servants who feel they only have to enforce the laws they agree with.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Why did you provide the link? It was nonsense and written by a Marxist hack. That doesn't help your credibility Bob.
So what you're saying is that the truth is too hard for you to accept. Much easier to slam the messenger than dispute the message.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Wow, Michelle Obama looks gorgeous!!

(OK slightly OT)
She did look good. I wish she didn't always have such a resting face. She'd be a lot prettier if she didn't look like she was mad all the time. I really like the trend in makeup for black women that makes their faces look slightly golden. It's very pretty.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-13-2016 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 01-13-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
And Republicans can't even bring themselves to apploud American know-how and determination to put a man on the moon.

And the, "When the Russians put Sputnik into orbit we didn't deny it was there," line was great.

He's going full on with the theme of you might not like me, but stop screwing over the country because of it. Maybe he'll end with a mike drop.
That's one of the reasons I cannot stand the State of the Union speeches. They always have the sitting president's party cheering loudly for everything the president says while the other side looks sour and mad, even for things that are positive. I guess it's better than the way the Japanese do it by physically fighting with each other.

As for the Sputnik line, it was completely stupid in my opinion. No one denied it because you could see it with your own eyes. People deny the global warming science because the evidence for it is computer modeling that has been proven again and again to be wrong, and the scientists have been caught fudging the data. Total false equivalence.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:34 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
She did look good. I wish she didn't always have such a resting b*tch face. She'd be a lot prettier if she didn't look like she was mad all the time. I really like the trend in makeup for black women that makes their faces look slightly golden. It's very pretty.
She looked 'wonderful", its not an angry looks, this is a woman with very indepth education, sincerity and compassion's of many levels for and of society. The has the look of a woman who does not need to give pretentious facial expressions, she contains and maintains her social and public decorum always.
She looked "Stunningly Beautiful".

Old 01-13-2016, 07:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
OMG "If we were in charge taxes would be lower for american families" < I wonder why they don't do that now, they have a majority in the house and the senate & I'm sure Obama would sign a bill lowering taxes for middle class families.
This. And the right wingers eat it up and never ask their reps why they don't just do it, then. They have both houses, but still blame the Democrats for "not lowering taxes"?? That is what is known as a total disconnect from reality.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
The Affordable Care Act
Gay Marriage Rights
Capturing Osama Bin Laden
Low unemployment and high job creation
The Affordable Care Act that isn't affordable.

I like gay marriage rights, but how is that attributable to Obama? The Supreme Court ruled on it.

Capturing Osama bin Laden helped, how exactly? It seems the entire region is on fire right now.

Low unemployment and high job creation. There's just the little problem with stagnating wages that makes it seem like the pits...oh, and the lowest labor participation rate in years, and the U6 unemployment numbers putting our actual unemployment somewhere around 10%.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:48 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
I love the United States under President Obama's leadership! He has made historic changes that will positively effect the course of our country for decades.
Historic sure, legacy of a liar who made poor choices with his heel on the throat of the economy. Failed to back the iranian uprising even with words and misjudged the ME with unerring consistency. Weaponized federal agencies and suppressed the vote and current events to 'win' in 2012

A president who was kept afloat by the media not wanting the novelty election winner to look bad...for historical purposes.

historic first:

1st prez to lose Air Force 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies