Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 08:04 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times

Advertisements

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Are Thugs

Very interesting article, Make sure you read the info on Florida at the end of the article

Also, if you want stats, here they are: http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/...ted-States.pdf

Last edited by mike1003; 01-15-2016 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 12:35 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
I know from my own experience I am far more likely to walkaway from a problem now that I carry conceal than I used to have been in the past. He%@ when I was younger I used to see just how fast a vehicle would go; now I barely travel more than 5 miles over the speed limit. Which is usually the value that most police officers will not bother you over. but I also suspect that comes with getting older anyway.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
These days I avoid dangerous places. When I have had to be in those places I have had a gun with me. I consider being able to defend myself and others from violent assault to be more important than obeying ill thought restrictions created by frightened people in a false attempt to make them feel more secure.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:33 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
I don't consider myself a thug even though I have a CCW permit. I am sure there are plenty of CCW permit holders that because of immaturity are thugs.

A wise guy with a legal permit is more a threat to society than a wise guy without a gun.

So how do you keep from getting assaulted by a wise guy/thug with a gun?
The same way you keep from getting assaulted from a guy without a gun, you avoid confrontation and places where thugs hang out.
If you absolutely have to go to those places you carry concealed and get in and out quickly.

I rarely carry but I did when I went car shopping in an undesirable area.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:40 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
It's basic CHL training that the importance of de-escalating situations *without* your gun is vital and falls upon you, the permit holder. It definitely causes one to think twice before just pulling it out like a cowboy.

It's also well-known that a CHL, when handed to a police officer, offers a big sigh of relief for him/her. It's an immediate notification that you are a law-abiding citizen who has no criminal record and has had a background check.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:56 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
It won't be long until the anti gun nuts show up to whine about how that site is biased, they didn't use real numbers, only the police should have guns, guns kill people blah blah blah. They certainly won't revise their opinion and target actual criminals (potential voters), or real sources of violence. You know they won't target a group responsible for 50% of murders, they'll spend all their time, energy and tax money going after the 0.0002 percent.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:27 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
It won't be long until the anti gun nuts show up to whine about how that site is biased, they didn't use real numbers, only the police should have guns, guns kill people blah blah blah. They certainly won't revise their opinion and target actual criminals (potential voters), or real sources of violence. You know they won't target a group responsible for 50% of murders, they'll spend all their time, energy and tax money going after the 0.0002 percent.

No the anti-gun trolls on here avoid threads like this one that are about actually data. They avoid real data like vampires hiding from sunlight. They prefer to hide in the night, and spread propaganda from the most biased anti-gun sources they can find.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:47 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Even when the facts are laid out about how worthless gun laws are the typical gun grabber states that we need to continue them anyway. It's become a fairy tale of unicorns and rainbows. If only one life might be saved. Straight up crystal ball stuff. If it wasn't for guns all evil people would just leave America on the backs of Dolphins to be replaced by fluffy kitties and bunnies.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:46 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
I have a CCW but rarely carry. I carry only when out of the middle of nowhere fishing or in dangerous areas of some cities.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Concealed Carry Permit Holders Are Thugs

Very interesting article, Make sure you read the info on Florida at the end of the article

Also, if you want stats, here they are: http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/...ted-States.pdf
Good article for the most part, and the data seems sound. I for one am fine with anyone who wishes to register with the government to allow them to carry a concealed handgun. I wish more gun owners would register with the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies