Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 04:21 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times

Advertisements

Yeah because when Dubya trusted his gut instinct on Iraq that worked out oh so well. Last thing I wanna see is another genius in the White House making a mess across the globe that someone else will have to clean up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 05:55 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Liberals will get us killed because what keeps our nation safe is critical thinking and gut instinctions- followed by action. Liberals don't identify with these emotions and are wired differently. It's not to undermine liberals but they simply don't have what it takes. Liberals reading the below information will be totally disconnected. But true red, white, and blue blooded Americans with actual guts and experience know the deal. However, it's the liberal panzies that hold office who are suppressing our very existence as a fighting nation. This is not a call for outrage, it's a call for the liberals to strap up or to get the eff out the way.

As of today, Iran says that "the marines were crying"
Iran general scoffs: US sailors cried when we captured them | The Times of Israel

American sailors told by captors to 'act happy' - CNNPolitics.com
After Iraq, conservatives proved to be too stupid to be in control of anything.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Again, the disconnect I speak of. I am not proposing or did I indicate any specific measures that should have occurred or that I myself would have acted a certain way. There is always this need for an alternative- Obama asks for it all the time. I have however, stated the realities of this situation and that we are at our weakest- literally. And because of this, we are being taken advantage of.

Let me give you a real life example that happens all the time. As a former police officer, there were the diplomatic types that only used their "politics" because they didn't want to go hands on. They knew all the rules of the book but never went hands on. Whenever on a scene, they would start with the "come on guys, yada yada yada". Meanwhile, the thugs and suspects were slowly skipping away and they would be left with not even a witness in sight. These are the same officers ironically, that are quick to use their weapons because they have not enough police presence to know when to use force through proper training. Eventually these officers made desk duty because they lost too many fights or let too many suspects get away.

My point is, when you come on the scene, the thugs should know not to mess with you- not to test you, they respect you. They see halfamazing cutting the corner and they know what time it is. Halfamazing doesn't need to get out of his car. Just his mere presence alone gives light to the store owners for that brief moment. It's not fear through force of might but through presence.

America has lost this but we WANT IT BACK.
Sorry if your 'real life' example of ONE co-worker does not translate to multiple nations. Translation - you have nothing to offer but more whining, crying, and finger pointing. Quite typical of many conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
iberals need to stay out of our national security issues.

Liberals can't be trusted with national security.
4500 dead in Iraq. Republican President. 30 Embassies attacked.

Raygun is a whole different story. Thanks for the laugh tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A liberal is just someone who's never had someone close mugged, shot or raped.

I'll bet Europe becomes a whole lot less liberal over the next 20 years. The US will also follow.
This is one of the dumbest statements I have seen. Source?

Old 01-17-2016, 09:12 PM

1,329 posts, read 831,909 times
The Right is not known for critical thinking, sorry.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:17 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Default Quien es mas macho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems to me Conservatives would be the last ones to cry in front of the enemy........Liberals not so much.

Liberals are happy to send women to the frontline, while Conservatives believe men should do the fighting. My guess all those men soldiers were of Liberal upbringing. Not one Republican military person or non-military Republican have I spoken to said they would have ate and let the women soldier be put in the back of the group. Some expressed how they would have protected her......liberals not so much!

Yet, Liberals explain it is Iran's culture is why she had to wear the head scarf.......only a progressive Liberal would say this.....go Hillary!

Did you ever think others want war with the USA or do you really think we start all wars? If you think Syria is not the Democrats war, you a sadly mistaken.
Reads like straight out of the WASP handbook, and the beginning tells all when it comes to this sort of perspective. The only thing missing is that women should stay home and raise the kids...

Other women want to fight in the armed forces, and so they should be allowed. If that's being liberal or wrong, then you are just not being reasonable or respectful of women's rights to do other than as backward thinking men dictate. These polling claims as to what conservatives would do vs liberals are infantile.

No doubt if you believe all this dribble, then you also believe Cruz when he made the most ridiculous claim of all, "I give you my word, if I am elected president, no service man or service woman will be forced to be on their knees...”

Somehow despite the backward thinkers and the GOP, we still make progress, but a whole lot slower than we should...

Old 01-18-2016, 11:55 AM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Liberals will get us killed because what keeps our nation safe is critical thinking and gut instinctions- followed by action. Liberals don't identify with these emotions and are wired differently. It's not to undermine liberals but they simply don't have what it takes. ... But true red, white, and blue blooded Americans with actual guts and experience know the deal. However, it's the liberal panzies that hold office who are suppressing our very existence as a fighting nation. This is not a call for outrage, it's a call for the liberals to strap up or to get the eff out the way.

Well, halfamazing, your post is just that.

1. If liberals need to stay out of national security, then conservatives need to stay out of domestic policy. Oh wait...I thought we were all citizens and had an equal say in our government. Perhaps you are from some other country than the United States.

2. The president of which party won WWI? A Democrat.

3. The president of which party won WWII? A Democrat.

4. The president of which party withdrew from Vietnam? A Republican.

5. People (apparently like you) like to assume that we will win every military action we get involved in. Have we? Will we? Is it ALWAYS worth the lives to rush to war.

After thinking it over, I don't think your post is even half amazing.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:44 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, of course you have not. LIBERALSS DO NOT HEAR WHAT THEY DO NOT WANT TO HEAR. LIBERALS LET THEIR MOTHERS , SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS BE RAPED AND MURDERED FOR POLITICAL GAIN SO THEY CERTAINLY HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR THE UNBORN.
What a ridiculous post.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:04 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems to me Conservatives would be the last ones to cry in front of the enemy
Actually, the US military membership tends to run toward the conservative side. At least we were told that over and over again when they didn't want to bother counting military mailed-in ballots during the Bush-Gore vote counting debacle. The reason given was that it would not have affected the outcome, because bush would still have won. So, yeah, conservatives would cry in front of the enemy. Especially if they knew their butts were in a sling because they messed up and entered a country's sovereign territory and were in the wrong.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:12 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
[quote=Oakformonday;42668874we are a nation at war but liberal pansies are suppressing this war??? /quote]
Sign me up to be one of the liberal pansies, then! We've been at undeclared war ever since my child was old enough to have been drafted. I want nothing more than to keep all our children from having to get maimed or die on foreign soil. If not being the police/bully of the world will do that, why don't we go for it?

Old 01-18-2016, 01:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
CD just being CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies