Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 07:19 AM

24,226 posts, read 15,289,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Don't kid yourself. The Republican establishment wants them too. Both parties have sold us down the river for cheap labor and votes.
This defines why the Republican Party is so distressed about Trump.

The bleeding hearts want to save the world.

The builders, restaurant owners, food processors, etc. all want cheap labor.

Trump gets it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 07:20 AM

25,918 posts, read 16,651,527 times
I guarantee you this, if they changed the voting laws to include the rule that you have to be born here to vote this refugee flood would stop tomorrow. And they would stop the flow of illegals across the Mexican border as well.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:25 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,006,069 times
[quote=daylux;42716154]150 Muslims Fired From Colorado Meat Packing Plant After Walking Off Job In Prayer Dispute
Does this plant shut the plant down on Christmas? Do they allow employees time during Good Friday to have a priest do the ashes ritual? If so, they are favoring one religion over another.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:33 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,842,846 times
Quote:
That's just ridiculous! No one will ever make $200,000/year working on an assembly line.
Which is why manufacturers can't complain about worker shortages. A labor shortage is solved by raising wages.

If they refuse to take the corrective actions to solve the problem they allegedly face, I can only assume that the problem doesn't really exist in the first place.

Quote:
Just because you think that is the only way it's worth your while doesn't mean other Americans are that unrealistic.
Indeed, you know, I specifically stated that same thing in this very thread.

Quote:
NO IT ISN'T!!! Just because le roi thinks $200,000/year is a fair wage for that type of work does not mean others are that unrealistic.
I didn't say it was "A fair wage"

I said it was what I would work for. There's a big difference.

Words : They mean things.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:31 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,994,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
So you're saying no one in America wants to work a manufacturing job so they import immigrants?

I say that government and corporations are in bed together. Corporations want cheaper and cheaper labor, and the government wants to turn us into an open border third world they can control.
Kind of strange did people change from the 70's to the late 90's. I am Americans use to do garbage pick up, hotel maids, landscaping, construction, restaurant workers, and assembly line workers, but now some how Americans don't want these jobs. What is more disturbing Americans, mostly older ones believe this sh*t.

Who is making up these lies as if Americans don't want to work!

Old 01-22-2016, 08:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,994,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Good, can't do the job, get out.
No we can't do this, we must feel their needs and disrupt production to accommodate their feelings!

I can't think of one boss I had who was worried about how I felt through the day.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:35 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,922,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Kind of strange did people change from the 70's to the late 90's. I am Americans use to do garbage pick up, hotel maids, landscaping, construction, restaurant workers, and assembly line workers, but now some how Americans don't want these jobs. What is more disturbing Americans, mostly older ones believe this sh*t.

Who is making up these lies as if Americans don't want to work!
Americans want to work, just not for the wages illegals work for. They can work cheap because many don't pay taxes, worry about insurance and tend to live multiple families in single family dwellings.
Illegals only do jobs americans won't is a myth created by the pro-illegal side to justify not enforcing our laws.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:43 AM

8,081 posts, read 7,016,802 times
Exercise of Religion is a Constitutionally protected right. Cargill has deep pockets. If the workers were smart and organized Cargill would have something to worry about with this policy.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:46 AM

26,692 posts, read 14,644,208 times
Quote:
Don't kid yourself. The Republican establishment wants them too. Both parties have sold us down the river for cheap labor and votes.
How many Republicans would want to provide amnesty to the 50-70 million illegal immigrants? The vast majority of Democrats want to!

Old 01-22-2016, 08:47 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,922,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Exercise of Religion is a Constitutionally protected right. Cargill has deep pockets. If the workers were smart and organized Cargill would have something to worry about with this policy.
Why can't they pray during their normal breaks? Why do they need an extra break? I know where I work if you do an 8 hour shift you get 2 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. Seems to me that gives them 3 chances to pray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies