Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
If by 'taking a stand' you mean armed federal criminal trespass..... We don't.

Hell, even the Oath Keepers get it.

The Hammond Family Does NOT Want an Armed Stand Off, and Nobody Has a Right to Force One On Them
Taking a stand means much more than being armed...... Certainly lots of MONEY helps! If the Feds had not trapped them in there they would have left.......it was a planned day trip, which took a different turn after the meeting. Sounds to me the Feds wanted this kind of outcome, look at what it has given the lefties something to drool about........along with the federal plants that have made this worse......we are learning just who the moles are, this will be interesting when it all comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Why do these people that claim to love the Constitution so much understand so little about it? The mechanisms for taking a stand are the ballot box and the courtroom. If you fail in both of those venues, you don't get to proceed to committing crimes and threatening to kill people. The Bundyites had the same rights as anyone to sell their ideas to the public and hope it translates into votes. An armed temper tantrum is not taking a stand, it is lunacy.
So when the Federal government is the one you are accusing of being wrong, when the government is the plaintiff and prosecutor, when the government has more money than God, just what are the chances of being heard, let alone winning a case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The government is always right, we are never to question that and the court systems are always equal in justice. Where have you been?
My guess they are all for Sanders or hope Hillary can carry on were Obama is taking away.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,956,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I listened to some of it. You're right- none of them can express the exact reasons why they are there. It's as if everything they say is an abstraction, and they are trying to reconcile a lot of vague fuzziness against a very sharp reality that's staring them all straight in the face.

According to the last I heard, they plan to give up an 8 am thursday morning, in the presence of Nevada state Rep. Michele Fiore who flew into Portland to talk with the Bundys. She's now presently driving the 5+ hours it takes to get to Burns, and will arrive after midnight. The holdouts want her present as a witness.

They were hoping Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham, would come, but he was a no-show.
Actually, now they are spouting nonsense and these are the same people LaVoy distanced himself from a week before he was shot. He said David Fry, did not have the same views or was he there for the same purpose as LaVoy and Ammon Bundy.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:23 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,548,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
My guess they are all for Sanders or hope Hillary can carry on were Obama is taking away.
It's not looking likely that Sanders, Hillary, or Obama will come out on the losing side of this.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:40 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,338,902 times
Quote:
But, but, but... It's Obama who is calling for the end to minimum maximum sentencing and returning discretion to judges!!!!

It would seem, at least to me, that it is well within the power of the "freedom loving" Republicans who hold a majority in the House and the Senate Party undue the maximum minimum sentences imposed by the very acts that the Congress itself has enacted. It conservatives are offended by the sentences that were imposed on the Hammonds, then they could change the law instead of accusing the Administration and Democratic candidates of "taking away" Freedoms. But of course it wouldn't be advantageous to complain or confront persons like Sen Tom Cotton who is currently standing in the way of sentencing reform.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 AM

47,007 posts, read 26,062,966 times
Looks like there'll be a family reunion!

Quote:
Cliven Bundy was taken into federal custody on the evening of Wednesday, February 10, 2016, in Portland.

Further information on the charges is expected to be available on Thursday morning.
Cliven Bundy arrested by FBI, jailed in Multnomah County

Old 02-11-2016, 01:42 AM

677 posts, read 654,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

I saw that. An arrest a couple of years later than it should have come, but I absolutely fricking love it!!

Old 02-11-2016, 02:02 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,398,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Stiffing the gov on a $1 million tax bill is a sure sign your days on the outside are numbered.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:42 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,455,826 times
Quote:
Taking a stand means much more than being armed...... Certainly lots of MONEY helps!
There's no reason to make this difficult.
Try and keep up.
Quote:
If the Feds had not trapped them in there they would have left.......it was a planned day trip, which took a different turn after the meeting.
Armed federal criminal trespass
Quote:
Sounds to me the Feds wanted this kind of outcome, look at what it has given the lefties something to drool about........along with the federal plants that have made this worse......we are learning just who the moles are, this will be interesting when it all comes out.
Armed federal criminal trespass
Quote:
So when the Federal government is the one you are accusing of being wrong, when the government is the plaintiff and prosecutor, when the government has more money than God, just what are the chances of being heard, let alone winning a case?
Courts not guns
Quote:
Nonsense

Old 02-11-2016, 03:42 AM

599 posts, read 402,428 times
Listened to the live stream as it was happening and all I can say is wow. If it is true in how they were saying the FBI was trying to negotiate with them we have to reach some sort of compromise. Ironically at the start of the live stream and throughout it we had multiple times of intense worry from the "patriots" who thought snipers would kill them. Believe me if I was in charge of this situation last night this whole movement would have been finished before you could say over.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:36 AM

1,166 posts, read 756,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
Listened to the live stream as it was happening and all I can say is wow. If it is true in how they were saying the FBI was trying to negotiate with them we have to reach some sort of compromise. Ironically at the start of the live stream and throughout it we had multiple times of intense worry from the "patriots" who thought snipers would kill them. Believe me if I was in charge of this situation last night this whole movement would have been finished before you could say over.

I would have ended it the same way they rescued Captain Phillips from the pirates. A few well placed shots and bye bye terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies