Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 11:12 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,881,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Being "Politically Correct" just means you have to be a lot more creative on how you go about insulting people.

Political correctness prohibits taking the cheap shots.
It's a rich man's game.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:29 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,103,140 times
People seem to look for ways to be offended so they can lash out at somebody, anybody. And its a good way of perpetuating feelings of persecution and discrimination and maintaining the mindset that its somebody else's fault if adversity gets the better of you. Real or imagined.
South Park did a story arc on Social Justice Warriors. They're a holes to the nth degree.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Who's repressing what you think or say? Free speech also includes the right to express their disagreement with what someone says.
Exactly, a quote attributed to Voltaire comes to mind. The 1st also protects the speech of those who disagree with you.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:36 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,358,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I have felt this for a long time. Subversives should be punished for the damage they do to our national fabric. They should be taught a lesson that would make them think twice about their unpatriotic behavior.

But like the Muslims that have overrun Europe in recent years; where would they go? What country wants our leftist troublemakers?
You want to punish freedom of speech...and you talk about a lack of patriotism (chuckles)

Most people who like political correctness seem to go about it through the protests and movements that the people who don't like political correctness are too lazy and disorganized to do. They win because everybody else is too slothful to fight them...and you want to skip strait past even trying to fight them to forcing government intervention. Many people who like political correctness don't want laws mandating it. They simply try to discourage people from buying X from private businesses and things like that through movements. Your and the thread-creator's idea is much, much worse than theirs. I suggest the two of you get a boat, move into international waters and start your own country.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,358,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Exactly, a quote attributed to Voltaire comes to mind. The 1st also protects the speech of those who disagree with you.
Yes.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,298,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Those who would repress what we think and say are the real enemies today. I think there must be some major, major, major consequence for those who would go down the path of being PC Enforcers.

Throughout history, the worst of the worse have been banished as a punishment. SHould we exile and quarantine those who would put us all into a little tiny box, and then try to destroy us if we even think about trying to get out??

I think we should.
Nahhhh...the worst of the worst haven't been punished at alll....maybe just their fall-guys.
It'd be great but the corruption is too extreme already....we live in a "might is right" kind of world.
Only the weak are ever punished...the strong and wealthy go on to force their political correctness (or else) on the rest of us.
Look at what the "whistle-blowers" face. Persecution from the masses...the politically correct....all blind to the reality of what REALLY is.
How do you exile or quarantine corruption?
And who decides???

Old 02-01-2016, 02:07 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,914,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
And I suppose the rest of the world should exile their "undesirables" to the USA?
Now you are into technical details.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Who's repressing what you think or say? Free speech also includes the right to express their disagreement with what someone says.

I see. The old "deny that there even is such a thing as Political Correctness" approach.
I don't blame you for deflecting....it really IS indefensible.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
That's the whole point.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Being "Politically Correct" just means you have to be a lot more creative on how you go about insulting people.

Political correctness prohibits taking the cheap shots.
But some people deserve to be offended, n'est ce pas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies