Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 02:01 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,383,640 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=9RABZq5IoaQ

Wow, I learned something today. This is a great video against gun control

Here is the long version if you want to see it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKMi023Ofro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 02:27 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,332,498 times
How do you discuss something that bears no resemblance to fact?

Old 02-02-2016, 02:52 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,383,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I'm sorry I cant hear you, I have my shooting ears on

Old 02-02-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I'm sorry I cant hear you, I have my shooting ears on
Do you read with your ears? If so that would explain many things.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:00 PM

65 posts, read 45,722 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are in some different reality based on fiction. Possibly the hatred for the NRA clouds free thinking

That isn't wise

Personally, I hate guns, but support peoples right to have them legally 100%. The fact is, most likely the hatred comes from the NRA being aligned with one party and the scorned party hating them

The same is true with Republicans hating Hollywood

Old 02-02-2016, 03:01 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,300,171 times
Not many realize that Harriet Tubman worked for the Union as an armed spy and scout.

From Wiki:

When the US Civil War began, Tubman worked for the Union Army, first as a cook and nurse, and then as an armed scout and spy. The first woman to lead an armed expedition in the war, she guided the raid at Combahee Ferry, which liberated more than seven hundred slaves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman

Old 02-02-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenstratpick View Post
Sounds like you are in some different reality based on fiction. Possibly the hatred for the NRA clouds free thinking
Not in the least bit, just a firm grasp on American history as opposed to historical fantasy.

The NRA was founded in 1871 in New York City by Union veterans Col. William C. Church and Gen. George for the expressed purpose to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis." To do so the NRA established its educational facility on the Creed Farm in Long Island, N.Y. and the last time I checked Long Island is a hell of ways from the deep south.

Harry Alford the president of the mom and pop National Black Chamber of Commerce is not by any stretch of the imagination a historian nor is his claim based upon a single shred of historical evidence. Those are just the facts.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,797,331 times
Quote:
It all depends on who's facts you use.

You don't agree with any of the facts as presented by black leaders, so they must be wrong.

I see YOUR facts, and raise you the truth:

The Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed not to control guns but to control blacks, and inasmuch as a majority of Congress did not want to do the former but were ashamed to show that their goal was the latter, the result was that they did neither. Indeed, this law, the first gun-control law passed by Congress in thirty years, was one of the grand jokes of our time. -Robert Sherrill (An avid gun control advocate)

Gun Control Was - Historically - About Repressing Blacks Washington's Blog

Liberals love to cite Ghandi, but you'll never hear them repeat this:

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon
the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Ghandi

Yes, even Ghandi was for the individual freedom to own and bear arms. As a true Libertarian I'm happy to be right next to him on the political/social heat map.

Last edited by steven_h; 02-02-2016 at 03:36 PM..

Old 02-02-2016, 03:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
When Malcolm X suggested that blacks should form rifle clubs, it went over like feeding chitlins to an Imam with Conservative Whites.

So these black conservatives need to put a sock in it. I've got nothing against the NRA, but outside of gun issues, most members are probably pretty hostile to any issue involving black folks.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It all depends on who's facts you use.
This isn't a debate between facts this is a debate between facts and the total absence of facts. Between 1865 and 1877 the role of protecting Freemen fell to the Union Army many of whom were black soldiers.

Quote:
You don't agree with any of the facts as presented by black leaders, so they must be wrong.
Ah, no I disagree with these "black leaders" simply because they are not only wrong but because the argument is a total fabrication it doesn't even rise to the level of myth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies