Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 02:08 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,761,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
You live with a wife that usually is great but sometimes she is getting crazy and starting to throw things at you.
Quite often. How do you know this about my wife?

Old 03-22-2016, 02:24 PM

548 posts, read 474,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Quite often. How do you know this about my wife?
You would drive anyone crazy.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
We all know how recently Zionists set their sights on Palestine to form Israel. That's modern day history in which it was decided to form Israel despite enemies at her border. "Savage" enemies depending on how objective you want to be about this...

We all also know the history of Sweden, going back to before Christ. Swedes made no such decision and certainly modern day are "plenty smart enough not to set themselves up with that sort of scenario."

Frankly, I don't know many modern day smart people who would decide to forge a new country "surrounded by savages."

How many examples of that sort of scenario are there after all?

Capice?
Yeah 120 years ago. So modern and recent.

It's sad how 1/2 the stuff you spout is just factually incorrect.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
Yeah 120 years ago. So modern and recent.

It's sad how 1/2 the stuff you spout is just factually incorrect.
On 14 May 1948, the day before the expiration of the British Mandate, David Ben-Gurion, the head of the Jewish Agency, declared "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel".

Recent, though 120 years ago is not exactly ancient history either...

You can slither back under your rock now as you lie in wait for the next opportunity to spasm.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
On 14 May 1948, the day before the expiration of the British Mandate, David Ben-Gurion, the head of the Jewish Agency, declared "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel".

Recent, though 120 years ago is not exactly ancient history either...

You can slither back under your rock now as you lie in wait for the next opportunity to spasm.
Yep. Before 1948 Zionism didn't exist. Nobody had ever thought of a Jewish state of Israel.

You should change your user name to Mr. History Expert.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:37 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,660,079 times
Quote:
We all know how recently Zionists set their sights on Palestine to form Israel.
Hmm... About 4000 years ago?

Quote:
We all also know the history of Sweden, going back to before Christ. Swedes made no such decision and certainly modern day are "plenty smart enough not to set themselves up with that sort of scenario."
Frankly, I don't know many modern day smart people who would decide to forge a new country "surrounded by savages."
When it's your only place, you have no much choice.
Quote:
Capice?
You are very rude.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
Yep. Before 1948 Zionism didn't exist. Nobody had ever thought of a Jewish state of Israel.

You should change your user name to Mr. History Expert.
Of course, and while you exert all that brain power and energy to misquote me, I wonder if there is any limit to your impressive display of nonsense.

That bit about changing my user name..., wow, good for you! Ouch! That really hurt.

Didn't see that coming...

I should know better than to tango with you. I will be much more careful from now on.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:47 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,660,079 times
Quote:
Sexual assault is as real a problem today as any, as is Islamphobia, anti-Semitism, racism, and all the other ongoing versions of "man's inhumanity to man."

Perhaps we look at how we address the problem of sexual assault a little closer as you wish...

Do we have women demanding "pink bus/trains" as a viable solution? No...

Does anyone seem to think such segregation is a good idea, a solution? No...
Just few examples.
Ladies first: Pink bus service for Pakistani women - BBC News
Sexual harassment: the high cost of being a woman on a bus
Social Empowerment By Empowering Women (SEE-W) Pink Bus Project
Quote:
How do we address such problems in civilized societies? Separate quarters so everyone can be safe from others? No...
Most of the world is not civilized. Germany also was considered a civilized society in 1929, and in few years it turned into a nightmare. One cataclysm and USA also will turn into a savage country. So, we are not taking risks anymore.

Quote:
Do we think a "pink bus" is the solution NOW or in the future, or perhaps does that actually worsen and extend the problem?
Ask the ladies in Pakistan.
Quote:
Not sure the Israeli/Palestinian solution is any more intelligent, and I'm not even sure there is the want for "equal" in that case, but if that's what you view as progress or "solution," good luck with all that...
Arabs are not civilized, so I think that you proved my case.

Old 03-22-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Hmm... About 4000 years ago?

When it's your only place, you have no much choice.

You are very rude.
If you want to go back to the days of Stone Henge while at the same time consider the issues of modern day, you have more time and patience than I can muster on your behalf. What's next? The story of Cain and Abel?

Who decided that Israel was the only choice for Jews to escape their fears? How true is that, especially in light of the fact that so many Jews do not live in Israel, and happily so.

After all this about all you know and all I don't, all you understand and all I don't, after all this thread, you want to call me rude? Because I asked "capice?"

Capice. Italian. Asking for agreement, understanding, belief.

That's about all we've been doing from the beginning! Yet, you are the civil one, and I am the rude one?

Is this what you believe as well?

Oy vey!

I'll put the kid gloves back on and be more careful, promise.

At least compared to SupBro anyway, we're both absolute gentlemen of utmost civility and tact!

Old 03-22-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Of course, and while you exert all that brain power and energy to misquote me, I wonder if there is any limit to your impressive display of nonsense.

That bit about changing my user name..., wow, good for you! Ouch! That really hurt.

Didn't see that coming...

I should know better than to tango with you. I will be much more careful from now on.
How am I misquoting you, oh unlearned one? This is exactly what you said.

Quote:
We all know how recently Zionists set their sights on Palestine to form Israel. That's modern day history in which it was decided to form Israel despite enemies at her border. "Savage" enemies depending on how objective you want to be about this...

How many examples of that sort of scenario are there after all?

Capice?
It is your lack of knowledge that leads you to believe Zionists "set their sights on Palestine" in 1948. I told you it was 120 years ago. Let me know when you get to my level and can actually name the correct historical event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies