Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 07:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, I think you're wrong.

CIA Director Documentary: ‘The Attacks Will Be Spectacular’ - POLITICO Magazine

Notice the CIA personnel cited in this article weren't using terms like 'might' in their warnings.

So, guess again.
Why didn't we attack Arizona? After all, that is where McVeigh was living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..the CIA says ISIS can make chemical weapons now.
And then Brennan goes on to say they might ship those WMD's here to use on us.

Better give them more money. Need more money to fight this "war on TERROR" folks.

CIA director says IS group has used, can make chem weapons
CIA director John Brennan has said that Islamic State fighters have used chemical weapons and have the capability to make small quantities of chlorine and mustard gas, CBS News reported Thursday.
Brennan also warned of the possibility that the Islamic State group could seek to export the weapons to the West for financial gain.
Let's be clear (and honest): The WMD claim never was a lie, as the Left like to say. Sadam had used chemical weapons. We knew it. They didn't just magically appear ... they were manufactured ... in Iraq.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:42 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So Change turned out to be no change at all.

I had dinner last night with John Buckley. He was the (L) candidate in WV in 2014 for Senate. We discussed Gary Johnson and I said I will NOT vote for him (if he ends up the (L) candidate) as long as he remains wishy washy on the wars. So far he has not come out against them, period.

We both agreed he seems leery about losing votes if he did this and we both agreed that made no sense.

So far the only one close is Sanders and I argue for him in many posts but when it comes down to it and he is debating Trump and he won't commit to pulling the troops I will not vote for him either.
I've always liked Gary Johnson. Libertarians are exactly what is needed in Congress. Sanders is the only one who would reduce spending on the M.I.C. and increase spending on veterans and their many needs after a generation was battered and broken in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Obama was not going to change anything in regards to the M.I.C., and Clinton will ramp up operations if elected. It will take someone outside of the two major parties to do anything, and it's still a long shot, as a majority of Americans are too dumb to realize this.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Under Obama, we have the fewest number of planes and ships since before WWII. Look at what THAT cost us.
Thought this was covered during the final debate in 2012 when Romney made the remark about having fewer naval ships than we did in 1916.

If I recall, Obama replied along the lines of " we also have fewer horses and bayonets. We have things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear subs. "

In other words, it's not the number that counts. It's the capabilities.

Congress controls the purse strings. If Congress wants more ships, well then, by golly impose a " special tax assessment" on the people to pay for it and stop stuffing pork into every bill for special interests.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:02 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
HS kids can make chem weapons with the stuff available in science labs.

Maybe we should send in the military...
There's a difference in mixing ammonia and chlorine in a mop bucket compared to creating a delivery device and dropping it directly upwind from civilians. I'm not saying that happened just that they're not two-liberals-in-limo alike.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Let's be clear (and honest): The WMD claim never was a lie, as the Left like to say. Sadam had used chemical weapons. We knew it. They didn't just magically appear ... they were manufactured ... in Iraq.
And now it is us doing the killing. We are Saddam.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Thought this was covered during the final debate in 2012 when Romney made the remark about having fewer naval ships than we did in 1916.

If I recall, Obama replied along the lines of " we also have fewer horses and bayonets. We have things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear subs. "

In other words, it's not the number that counts. It's the capabilities.

Congress controls the purse strings. If Congress wants more ships, well then, by golly impose a " special tax assessment" on the people to pay for it and stop stuffing pork into every bill for special interests.
People ask all the time how it is we can afford to provide health care but never seem to ask how we are going to pay for the wars and war machinery.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:19 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
ISIS having wmds is Merkel's problem.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..the CIA says ISIS can make chemical weapons now.
And then Brennan goes on to say they might ship those WMD's here to use on us.

Better give them more money. Need more money to fight this "war on TERROR" folks..
Is that the same CIA who said Saddam had stockpiles of WMDs

Old 02-12-2016, 08:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Oh boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
There's a difference in mixing ammonia and chlorine in a mop bucket compared to creating a delivery device and dropping it directly upwind from civilians. I'm not saying that happened just that they're not two-liberals-in-limo alike.
Let's talk WMDs...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies