Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 02:20 PM

152 posts, read 185,807 times

Advertisements

Clinton and Sanders are for it. Those people will pay taxes...
But it will take jobs away from Americans.
Crowd schools.
More people on welfare because they don't speak English.
More overpopulation more babies born
Illegals will send $ back to Mexico to help their families and stimulate Mexicos economy.
More jobs requiring bilingual people to speak spanish/eng.

I don't see how it this will benefit U.S.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:25 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zum View Post
The Assyrians and Babylonians had no trouble carrying out mass deportations. Why should we?
You pay for it.

Quote:
CAP’s $114 billion estimate also includes the cost to detain these individuals while they wait for removal, to process them through the immigration courts and to transport them abroad.

While $114 billion represents a startling sum of money, it is only the direct cost of physically deporting unauthorized immigrants. The cost to the overall economy would likely be far more.

The conservative American Action Forum, or AAF, has argued that it would take 20 years to accomplish a mass deportation program, with a full cost between $420 billion and $620 billion.

This higher estimated cost includes both the direct costs of deportations and the hundreds of millions of dollars it would take for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, or DHS, to remove 11.3 million people, on top of its responsibilities for border and interior security, over 20 years.

Beyond being prohibitively costly and morally unsustainable, removing so many individuals from the country—and from the labor force—would devastate the nation: The Bipartisan Policy Center calculates that deporting all unauthorized immigrants would shrink the labor force by 6.4 percent over two decades, which AAF estimates would decrease U.S. gross domestic product, or GDP, by a full $ 1.6 trillion.

On the flip side, putting unauthorized immigrants on a pathway to citizenship—which two-thirds of Americans support—would add a cumulative $1.2 trillion to the GDP over a decade, increase the earnings of all Americans by $625 billion and create an average of 145,000 new jobs each year.
HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST TO DEPORT ALL UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS?

Old 02-19-2016, 02:26 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ssconyc View Post
Clinton and Sanders are for it. Those people will pay taxes...
But it will take jobs away from Americans.
Crowd schools.
More people on welfare because they don't speak English.
More overpopulation more babies born
Illegals will send $ back to Mexico to help their families and stimulate Mexicos economy.
More jobs requiring bilingual people to speak spanish/eng.

I don't see how it this will benefit U.S.
I was a legal immigrant (now American citizen). If they all get legalized, I want all the money back that I spent legally moving to the US. That would include all filing, photocopy and special delivery mailing fees, health inspections, finger prints, and travel and meal expenses to and from doctors, police stations and every occasion that I drove across the state for in-person interviews.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Money over principle. Neither of which has ever mattered to Democrats.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:37 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,894 times
Make the H2 dual-intent. That is all the legalization we will ever need and will pretty much solve the illegal immigration problem while also leading to people who have jobs paying normal wages, speak English, are not on welfare, etc.
With dual-intent H2 visas available, it will be much easier to crack down on felons and drug traffickers crossing the border with the flow of illegal aliens seeking otherwise legal employment (if they were legal to work).

Old 02-19-2016, 02:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I was a legal immigrant (now American citizen). If they all get legalized, I want all the money back that I spent legally moving to the US. That would include all filing, photocopy and special delivery mailing fees, health inspections, finger prints, and travel and meal expenses to and from doctors, police stations and every occasion that I drove across the state for in-person interviews.
It's in the budget they just passed. The checks in the mail. You have every right to be outraged when you went about it correctly and they give illegals the free pass.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:45 PM

21,145 posts, read 19,729,843 times
We should treat them the same way we would be treated if we were in Mexico illegally:

National Review Online

Old 02-19-2016, 02:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Money over principle. Neither of which has ever mattered to Democrats.
Not really. We have never funded the immigration task to the levels that would actually allow enforcement. Thus we really do not have enforceable laws against illegal immigration. And it appears we do not have the public support needed to go down that route.

By leaving the situation in the present status we also invite a continued and potentially expanded entry of illegal aliens.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
We should treat them the same way we would be treated if we were in Mexico illegally:

National Review Online
Mexico has the same problem with Guatemalans on its south border. And it actually does no better than the US in enforcing its laws. Mexicans farmers like the Guatemalans because they claim they work harder and cheaper than the locals.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:48 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
Absolutely not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies