Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:44 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I doubt you knew about the date and I know you didnt mention the holiday itself, but that is your point of the article as breeding has nothing to do with the article itself.

Otherwise, you are simply connecting 2 disconnected subjects making an argument using a 6 month old article
hmmmm, didn't know you could read minds.....6 month old or a year, (and yes, I knew) regardless, that isn't the point, the point is, she is infuriating...and the holiday or not, or the the breeding, as...she said, "We will soon be the majority". And they will....and that is even more infuriating...to actually come out and spew their plans for all to see, and yet, we knuckle under to them....

regardless of what you believe or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 10:59 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm sorry, we're discussing, not seeking permission for our beliefs....
You may be. But the person I responded to specifically talked about granting/withholding his permission.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:02 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
hmmmm, didn't know you could read minds.....6 month old or a year, (and yes, I knew) regardless, that isn't the point, the point is, she is infuriating...and the holiday or not, or the the breeding, as...she said, "We will soon be the majority". And they will....and that is even more infuriating...to actually come out and spew their plans for all to see, and yet, we knuckle under to them....

You dont have to read minds to know how people tick.

Im assuming you are a college grad, or at least took some kind of sociology/psychology as an elective in high school. Somewhere along the way you learned how people relate to subject and time frames.

The fact that your article doesnt talk about repopulation or population growth means is already one strike against you, the second is that the time frame doesnt fit.

it means one of 2 things, you are so rabid in your hate that time and subject dont matter to yoru end means( which is degrading Muslims), or you honestly didnt see the date of the article, likely because it was shared by someone on Facebook who is the former.

Further more, the line you quoted is about having the day off for a Holiday, not about taking over the world.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:04 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:

You've got a weird idea of what it means to "knuckle under".

The board turned them down for now, and told them they'd discuss the issue again when it comes time to set the schedule for next year. Please do explain how that is "knuckling under".

Old 02-25-2016, 11:06 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
hmmmm, didn't know you could read minds.....6 month old or a year, (and yes, I knew) regardless, that isn't the point, the point is, she is infuriating...and the holiday or not, or the the breeding, as...she said, "We will soon be the majority". And they will....and that is even more infuriating....
You got a point there. I personally don't care how many children they want to have. If they can afford it, more power to them.

But I don't think "we are not minority, we will soon become majority" is a good argument to support her claim. One day holiday to close the school is harmless in my opinion. Kids have the right to celebrate their religious holiday. Not a big deal. But I do wonder, when these Muslims folks become majority, do they want sharia law to be the official law as well?

In my ideal world, separate religion from school, business (especially private business), government, sounds like a good idea, especially for a multicultural society like ours.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
and also, they are breeding specifically for one purpose and one purpose only and it wasn't taken from any religion...it is known that they are a very patient people and will accomplish their goals even if it takes 1000 years, however, I don't believe it will take that long...apparently many Americans have no idea what is going on in other countries....and that's ok...you will find out soon enough
And then what? So you can puff your chest out and say, "I told you so," ?

Quote:

I went to that site, read the comments on the article (absolutely pathetic, yet not surprising) and navigated through the site. I would be willing to bet her quote was taken out of context, but that won't stop those with confirmation bias from having paranoid and delusional beliefs. She was probably referring to being the majority in that particular school district, but of course, some interpret to confirm their own beliefs.

Clear case of confirmation bias.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:22 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
ATG5 And then what? So you can puff your chest out and say, "I told you so," ?
I went to that site, read the comments on the article (absolutely pathetic, yet not surprising) and navigated through the site. I would be willing to bet her quote was taken out of context, but that won't stop those with confirmation bias from having paranoid and delusional beliefs. She was probably referring to being the majority in that particular school district, but of course, some interpret to confirm their own beliefs.

Clear case of confirmation bias.[/quote]

well, then, if you can read her mind better then I can, I guess your right...
and you are right on one thing, yes, it is most certainly a clear case of bias and always will be in my book...
I don't trust them. I won't be around to puff my chest out as you say...however, I do more then anything else, hope your right and I'm wrong.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:07 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
It is ironic that Americans do not know this is going on...actually disgusting that our media is keeping this from us....
What on earth is wrong with you? How are leaping to the conclusion that what she said means they are breeding to take over? They are talking about Jersey City, not the planet. How are you imagining that the media is keeping this from us? This was covered by NJ's largest newspaper when it happened SIX MONTHS AGO.

What is your purpose in trying to make more out of this than it is?

There surely are better things you can find to do than try to stir up hatred. Just stop.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

But I do wonder, when these Muslims folks become majority, do they want sharia law to be the official law as well?
There are many groups of people who WANT things to be official.

Groups that want to do away with taxation.
Groups that want open borders.
Groups that want walls built.
Groups that want abortion to be illegal.
Groups that want to de-fund the military.
Groups that want children to be home-schooled.

etc.

Even if a group of Muslims wants sharia law (which I doubt, especially within the next generation) how do you propose they would get it instituted?

Are you familiar with all aspects of sharia law? What does it cover? What are the laws?

The only one I'm familiar with is the one that (I think) says no one should charge interest on a loan. (that would go over really well with the banking industry!...LOL)

So, again, many people voice these fears, yet they don't even know what they fear or how their fears could possibly come to fruition in the US.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
If the Muslims want to take over they need to BE the school board, not complain to the school board.
In time they will figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies