Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:50 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,315,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veazy View Post
I have a devoutly Catholic friend who is a gung-ho Trump supporter. She's always been about decimating all separation of church and state and has always voted on typical religious Conservative social issues, but now all that's gone out the window over the "stick it to the GOP establishment" thing. What I don't get is how somebody's most deeply-held lifelong beliefs are suddenly less important than their anger. It's not like Trump will make her life any better personally. She's had the same job for 35 years, owns a house and has adequate disposable income. Go figure.

I have a little Trump story. May as well post it here.

Back in the late 1980s I dated the grandson of the late close-to-billionaire businessman and philanthropist Maxwell Jospey. (No big deal -- my boyfriend was just a music tour roadie and pizza-delivery guy.) We went down to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Jospey for a couple of weeks one winter at their "snowbird" house in Palm Beach. One night they went out to a formal party, and came home ranting about some guy I'd never heard of named Donald Trump who had also been a guest. The Jospeys were very reserved, refined people, not at all the type to curse or raise their voices very often. But Mr. Jospey was swearing his head off, saying Trump was a "pompous, dirty pathological f-ing liar" and they were sick of having to see him. Apparently The Donald had scammed money out of a number of people from Jospey's social circle in bad business deals, and had a reputation for telling outrageous stories that were easily provable as total BS. Mrs. Jospey said he was constantly showing up uninvited at various occasions, getting drunk and hitting on random women with loud, lewd comments. If they declined his advances he'd call them vulgar names. It was hilarious years later when "that despicable lowlife" came back on my radar through TV and tabloid news.

Sounds like a guy any good Christian would be proud to support!
So that story sounds like he's never changed. He claimed last night in his "victory speech" that he doesn't use the F-word. When you can literally google it and find video of him dropping F-bombs very recently.

Sounds like he has serious psychological issues. And was raised as an entitled @ss! The funny thing is, the people supporting him are people he actually can't stand. The common folk.. the uneducated, the poor and middle class. They're too dumb to realize they're being had!

Old 03-02-2016, 10:52 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,124,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I consider myself a Christian, but I support gay marriage, I am pro life and pro choice, (depends on the situation). I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute.

All these said, I would have to quote Matthew 7:1, where Christ said during the Sermon on the Mount, “Judge not, that you be not judged.” Of course, when they quote this verse in regard to such situations, they take it out of context to support their fallacious claims. When we consider the concept of judging, especially as it relates to the Sermon on the Mount, Christ tells us to be discerning, not condemning. Just leave other's private businesses alone, life will be happier this way.
If you are voting for Drumpf in spite of his moral repugnance, I have to question whether you know what the word discerning means.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:54 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,571,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's hilarious that the party that branded itself the "party of family values" suddenly pretends that good values and moral behavior don't matter because their frontrunner has demonstrated he has neither.

It's obvious the OP's question makes a lot of CINO Drumpf cultists uncomfortable because they know he is of low moral character and they have no way to justify their support of such a morally repugnant man.

I tell you why this post proves you know little about the situation.

1) The party is STILL very much against Trump and many in the party point to the same exact reasons you claim they say no longer matter.

2) I don't think anyone is uncomfortable, because there is no justification necessary other than pointing to the fact that NONE of the candidates demonstrate our preferred Character and Values, so THAT aspect of our political concern may be disregarded as there is NO choice available that would fit the bill.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:55 AM

39,470 posts, read 27,814,484 times
Quote:
If you are voting for Drumpf in spite of his moral repugnance, I have to question whether you know what the word discerning means.
question all you want. This is a free country. I think I posted something pretty reasonable. Based on your many posts in this forum, I think you will do everything you can to demonize Trump and his supporters. Many vote for him because of his policies (and I understand you might not agree with these policies) Many of us don't care about his personal life.

by the way, I am undecided at this point, I dont know if I am going to vote for him or not, but your bolded make you sound like a bully, Just say'

Old 03-02-2016, 10:57 AM

451 posts, read 468,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
No one knows what this psychopath might do! Probably not that much, in reality. He seems to believe he would be a dictator. And Trump would probably be the most corrupt leader this country has ever seen, and would divide us more than ever before. I truly believe his supporters lack critical thinking skills, and education. His rise should scare all Americans. I'm truly embarrassed for this country. Trump is NOT the answer to America's problem. He'd only be the beginning of a dark era.

We've been drifting into a dark era for years now. I've watched the country become noticeably more divided and decayed in just the last 15 years of my young adult life. Trump's comments about Mexicans and his embedded belittling of the Speaker of the House this morning make me seriously wonder if he's a troll from the Left to undermine Republican chances of winning the White House this year.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:58 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,511,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Am I supposed to vote for Clinton or Sanders who would gladly welcome rape and murder coming from overseas? Last I checked, Christians were against those things, too.
Not really. Quite a few of them voted for Bush AFTER he killed thousands of innocents in Iraq. We came from "overseas" too.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:00 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,124,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
question all you want. This is a free country.
A great response when you cannot answer the question.

I don't claim to be a Christian, but those who truly take their religion seriously are in a moral quandary trying to justify their support of such a morally despicable man.

Or they can, you know, simply pretend the yuuuuge chasm between Drumpf and what they claim to believe in doesn't exist.

Which seems to be the path you and many other "Christians" have chosen.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:00 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,751,619 times
I don't support him. I voted for Rubio yesterday. And based on my FB feed, it looks like most of my conservative Christian friends were voting for Carson (which frustrated me because TN has a threshold rule. Carson didn't meet the 20% threshold, so the delegates be earned went to Trump.)

Overall, I don't think it's primarily Christians that are supporting him.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:01 AM

39,470 posts, read 27,814,484 times
Quote:
A great response when you cannot answer the question.

I don't claim to be a Christian, but those who truly take their religion seriously are in a moral quandary trying to justify their support of such a morally despicable man.

Or they can, you know, simply pretend the yuuuuge chasm between Drumpf and what they claim to believe in doesn't exist.

Which seems to be the path you and many other "Christians" have chosen.
Even if you don't claim to be a Christian, doesn't give you a right to judge me or act so aggressive.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:06 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,216,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
So that story sounds like he's never changed. He claimed last night in his "victory speech" that he doesn't use the F-word. When you can literally google it and find video of him dropping F-bombs very recently.

Sounds like he has serious psychological issues. And was raised as an entitled @ss! The funny thing is, the people supporting him are people he actually can't stand. The common folk.. the uneducated, the poor and middle class. They're too dumb to realize they're being had!
Gosh you're on a roll here.....

I personally know many, many extremely wealthy self made
successful hard working highly educated people who ALL love Trump, including myself.......

Lol the uneducated only care about their freebies......

That's the difference- the people supporting Trump aren't allergic to work-
They want everyone to EARN their way in life, not be forced to endlessly
provide for the lazy leeches......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies