Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 03:21 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And if it is not marxism, then what is it?
Well, one's an economic theory and one is an expression of emotion.

You need look no further than C-D for evidence of outrage from all races and political parties.

What was that about Libertarianism being based on rational thought?

Old 03-02-2016, 03:23 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post

You need look no further than C-D for evidence of outrage from all races and political parties.

Rational, as in principled and logically consistent.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:23 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
So as many on these forums know. I am a black Libertarian. And part of Libertarian ideology is rational thought. Libertarians may not always be right, but there is always a good logic behind their ideas. I state this because I recently was added (I didn't actually join it) to a group on facebook. I talked about Libertarianism for the black community, and how it will help change the circumstances of blacks. They then countered that it voting was pointless, and I of course counted "not if done at the local level". I read a good amount of the post in the group. Most of it centered around racism, but the main theme that no matter what the topic was, it was always consisted of one thing. Outrage. Anger. Hate.

Now I will not tell someone how they should feel. That isn't my place. But I feel black Americans are addicted to being outraged about their circumstance. Black Lives Matter is just the latest iteration of black outrage. Black leaders are always talking about outrage. But I rarely ever here strategy or ideas coming from black people.

After many months in the group, I have come to realize that strategy isn't as important as outrage. Then I started to understand the Marxist Ideology that plague black America. Blacks are socialized to only think in terms of outrage. This is why knee jerk reactions have become a hallmark of the black community.

The media is very careful in cherry picking black leaders and scholars who promote anger and outrage. And this fits perfectly into the Marxist narrative from the Conservative and Liberal media. And if it is not marxism, then what is it?

A good post:

I have never seen the likes of the black folk "spokesman" Al Sharpton hanging out making a difference in the black community beyond getting up on stage to stoke the flames of racism.
There are groups of people and not just blacks that are outraged in todays America. There is a lot of anger out there and I think the outrage stems from the feeling of being a victim. SO many choose to pass the buck and blame everyone and everything but themselves. People are blaming outside forces for their short comings when they should be looking inward but personal change is so difficult.

The trouble is the entitled and I'm a victim attitudes are being accepted by the mainstream politicians and instead of getting of the root of the problem they treat the symptons by throwing money at it.

I have known good upstanding people with bright futures who just so happen to be black and I have known some downright thugs on their way to prison.

All people not just blacks need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop playing the woe is me outraged victim card.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:26 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Rational, as in principled and logically consistent.
Which is not demonstrated in the OP.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post

I would like to know the answer to the question in your comment as well.

I do not see anything about Libertarianism being rational or logical.

And FWIW, I feel that the OP is doing similar to those Facebook group members were doing in attempting to downplay the opinions and ideas of others as illogical and non-fact based.

OP, I also wonder in regards to your intent with the thread. As a black poster and being around here enough, you must know that just by posting that you think "Black America" is "addicted to outrage" that you will bring out all of idiotic, outraged, white posters who live for these "black threads" and see an opportunity to further spew their irrational views about how all black people think, live, behave, and follow. (I bet Al Sharpton will be brought up multiple times as our "leader" lol).

IMO this thread is illogical. It serves no purpose, kind of similar to Libertarianism, which IMO is just self-centeredness without regard to the needs, desires, wants, or feelings of others. I consider it the "me-me-me" philosophy.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:33 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A good post:

I have never seen the likes of the black folk "spokesman" Al Sharpton hanging out making a difference in the black community beyond getting up on stage to stoke the flames of racism.
There are groups of people and not just blacks that are outraged in todays America. There is a lot of anger out there and I think the outrage stems from the feeling of being a victim. SO many choose to pass the buck and blame everyone and everything but themselves. People are blaming outside forces for their short comings when they should be looking inward but personal change is so difficult.

The trouble is the entitled and I'm a victim attitudes are being accepted by the mainstream politicians and instead of getting of the root of the problem they treat the symptons by throwing money at it.

I have known good upstanding people with bright futures who just so happen to be black and I have known some downright thugs on their way to prison.

All people not just blacks need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop playing the woe is me outraged victim card.
See lol, Al Sharpton was brought up already!!

Old 03-02-2016, 03:41 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
What's amazing to me is that these activists, the #oscarssowhite protesters for example, don't realize how low they're stooping when begging for validation from white people. It ultimately leads to diversity for the sake of diversity, i.e, having black people around just for show.

I'm sure next year they'll have charity nominations, where they nominate black actors just so that people won't complain.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:52 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I would like to know the answer to the question in your comment as well.

I do not see anything about Libertarianism being rational or logical.

And FWIW, I feel that the OP is doing similar to those Facebook group members were doing in attempting to downplay the opinions and ideas of others as illogical and non-fact based.

OP, I also wonder in regards to your intent with the thread. As a black poster and being around here enough, you must know that just by posting that you think "Black America" is "addicted to outrage" that you will bring out all of idiotic, outraged, white posters who live for these "black threads" and see an opportunity to further spew their irrational views about how all black people think, live, behave, and follow. (I bet Al Sharpton will be brought up multiple times as our "leader" lol).

IMO this thread is illogical. It serves no purpose, kind of similar to Libertarianism, which IMO is just self-centeredness without regard to the needs, desires, wants, or feelings of others. I consider it the "me-me-me" philosophy.
Rational and logical = consistent and principled. Libertarianism is a logically consistent philosophy. It begins with one foundational principle- the non-aggression principle: the initiation of force is wrong. The person bringing violence into a non-violent situation is at fault. With that established, you extend logically from there.

Technically, anarchist libertarians (AnCap/Voluntaryist) are the only ones who are fully consistent, but the small government libertarians are maybe 95% consistent with it. Compare that to other political ideologies where people are arbitrarily picking and choosing where they stand on certain issues, which leads to many contradictions.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I'm outraged.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:17 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
So as many on these forums know. I am a black Libertarian. And part of Libertarian ideology is rational thought. Libertarians may not always be right, but there is always a good logic behind their ideas. I state this because I recently was added (I didn't actually join it) to a group on facebook. I talked about Libertarianism for the black community, and how it will help change the circumstances of blacks. They then countered that it voting was pointless, and I of course counted "not if done at the local level". I read a good amount of the post in the group. Most of it centered around racism, but the main theme that no matter what the topic was, it was always consisted of one thing. Outrage. Anger. Hate.

Now I will not tell someone how they should feel. That isn't my place. But I feel black Americans are addicted to being outraged about their circumstance. Black Lives Matter is just the latest iteration of black outrage. Black leaders are always talking about outrage. But I rarely ever here strategy or ideas coming from black people.

After many months in the group, I have come to realize that strategy isn't as important as outrage. Then I started to understand the Marxist Ideology that plague black America. Blacks are socialized to only think in terms of outrage. This is why knee jerk reactions have become a hallmark of the black community.

The media is very careful in cherry picking black leaders and scholars who promote anger and outrage. And this fits perfectly into the Marxist narrative from the Conservative and Liberal media. And if it is not marxism, then what is it?
Do you know what Black Lives Matter co-opted? As in the Dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies