Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 03:48 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,398,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No and that is why they are partially responsible.

Exactly. The jury decided their "part" was about $30M.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 05:30 PM

57,333 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Exactly. The jury decided their "part" was about $30M.
I don't see that action being worth $30M, maybe if he killed her but not for this. Minimum wage clerk made a bad mistake, but the end result does not nearly equate to that amount.

He could have just planted himself and did the same thing, the hotel sure made it happen.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Her and her father's over-the-top testimony makes me want to vomit. This broad, who was essentially a nobody before this happened, now acts like she can't leave the house and everyday is a life and death struggle.

Hope the jury doesn't buy into this sob story money grab.
Erin Andrews was famous beforehand...

And what do you care? It's not YOUR money!

Old 03-08-2016, 05:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I think what happened was terrible and everyone who is involved should be liable.

But $55 MILLION dollars?

That is just ridiculous.
Again, not your money. What's it to you if they gave her a billion dollars?

Old 03-09-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
I don't see that action being worth $30M, maybe if he killed her but not for this. Minimum wage clerk made a bad mistake, but the end result does not nearly equate to that amount.

He could have just planted himself and did the same thing, the hotel sure made it happen.

The jury disagrees with you, and I'm betting they have more information on which to base that decision.

Don't try to minimize what this dude did by calling it a "mistake". This wasn't some youthful indiscretion that could have been any one of us. This was calculated, premeditated stalking and invasion of privacy.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:33 AM

57,333 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The jury disagrees with you, and I'm betting they have more information on which to base that decision.

Don't try to minimize what this dude did by calling it a "mistake". This wasn't some youthful indiscretion that could have been any one of us. This was calculated, premeditated stalking and invasion of privacy.

I'm not minimizing, he's going to jail for 2 1/2 years so hopefully that will send a message to people like this, more than likely he isn't the only one.

The hotel made a severe mistake but they could not have predicted this would happen, still they should have never given out the information.

You think $55M is fair? Eric Garner's was killed by NYC Police and his family received $6M, the family of the teen killed by the Chicago police was awarded $5M and you think $55M is fair.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
I'm not minimizing, he's going to jail for 2 1/2 years so hopefully that will send a message to people like this, more than likely he isn't the only one.

The hotel made a severe mistake but they could not have predicted this would happen, still they should have never given out the information.

You think $55M is fair? Eric Garner's was killed by NYC Police and his family received $6M, the family of the teen killed by the Chicago police was awarded $5M and you think $55M is fair.
They certainly could have predicted something like this would happen. Things like this (and worse) are the EXACT REASON they don't give out that information!

My point is that it doesn't matter what you or I think is or isn't fair. I wasn't on the jury, neither were you.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
I see a lot of jealous people making derogatory posts.

It is not what you want the law to say. It is what the law actually says.

Making the victim the predator, when made whole, in the minds of the jealous.

It is as if it just clicked to them, that we are not all equal and some derogatory remarks are going to make them her equal.......

Old 03-09-2016, 09:10 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,740 times
Quote:

Yes they could, it's why they have a policy about privacy. So things like this don't happen. They're a national brand hotel, I'm sure they've put a lot of research into their policies and what they need to do, legally, to cover their behinds. Obviously, this incident was a breakdown in management.

Quote:
It doesn't matter what I think, or what you think, it matters what the jury thinks. It's beyond aggravating when a large sum is awarded in a civil case and people complain about it being too much and blame the victim for getting so much money.

That's not how it works. Andrews doesn't get to dictate her reward amount. I actually think she sued for $75M, and the jury decided from there.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:29 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,986,847 times
Wow, the level of hate towards women on this thread is astounding. From not thinking it's a big deal, to disagreeing with the verdict because of their dislike of her, to implying she asked for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies