Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 06:03 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,394 times

Advertisements

My mom took me to the local playground when I was four.

This gun nut takes her 4-year-old to shoot targets.

Murica ... home of the gun nuts...................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 04:44 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Policy.

When a person is thrust into the media spotlight, then Facebook, if it considers the impact on the persons profile damaging, can suspend the account. They have anti-victimization and bullying policies, and you won't know the people who may be guilty of that, because you never got to see the posts made, but they probably have their profiles suspended or deleted too.

She may have nothing to do with it, of course people don't stop to consider these things prior to flapping their gums.
I visited her page before it was removed. No real bullying, just a ton (like everyone) ripping her a new one. Her page was dedicated to gun rights obviously. She had posts boasting how guns protect her from ending up in a hospital after being beaten and raped. FB posters were simply pointing how how idiotic her position looks now from her hospital bed. And I was one of them. I am pretty convinced once she saw the comments she took it down.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:05 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I visited her page before it was removed. No real bullying, just a ton (like everyone) ripping her a new one. Her page was dedicated to gun rights obviously. She had posts boasting how guns protect her from ending up in a hospital after being beaten and raped. FB posters were simply pointing how how idiotic her position looks now from her hospital bed. And I was one of them. I am pretty convinced once she saw the comments she took it down.
The bold is kind of an oxymoron.

Someone is shot, injured in hospital, and you have "a ton ripping her a new one". What would you call it then other than victimization or bullying? Just desserts?

Here's a question for you, do you think that if she read the comments and committed suicide her dependents could possibly hold Facebook liable for failure to protect her? Any answer but a definitive "no" would probably lead to suspension of the account.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:14 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am curious about this as well. Most every gun owner claims the need for family protection. They also claim they are responsible gun owners, they are locked up safely so Jimmy won't shoot his little sister. And I totally believe that.

Now here is the rub: if they are indeed locked up safely then how would they be available in the middle of the night when dad is suddenly confronted by a bad guy? Does he really expect the bad guy to wait while he finds his keys, then unlocks the gun box and the trigger lock? Seems like you can't have it both ways. If it's available for immediate protection then it's also available to little Timmy.
It's called a biometric safe that only recognizes the prints you want it to.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:55 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's called a biometric safe that only recognizes the prints you want it to.
There are also cheaper variants with keypads or keys only. To anyone looking into these: do yourself a favor and don't cheap out on this though. The batteries wore out in an old drawer safe I had, and I couldn't find the keys, so I tried sticking a paper clip in the keyhole. 10 seconds later it was open. This was for a Stack On gun safe. It might as well have been a heavy shoebox.

I then looked it up online, and a lot of those are designed as "theft deterrents". There are videos where they hand those drawer gun safes to children under 10, and most figure out how to open them in a few minutes (dropping them on a corner seems to be the most effective).

Old 03-11-2016, 10:25 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This incident was especially enriched in hypocrisy because she regularly posted about the ills of gun control on her website.

The title on her facebook page was "Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense", god help us.

Her facebook page had a bunch of sovereign citizen stuff and she posted in support of the Bundy militia takeover of the wildlife refuge. She also has a criminal record. Sadly, she is not unique just a typical hillbilly gun nut.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The deal I have with it... trigger pull.

It is a good distance from grip to the trigger. My daughter at 4, could not pull the trigger on a squirt pistol... UNLESS, she turned it around, and pulled it with both thumbs(meaning the business end was pointing at her)

Not until she was almost 6, could she grip and pull the trigger of the Crossman air rifle.
The day I knew she was sharp as a tack and could figure out how to get into the gun cabinet, was the day we started shooting the air rifle and soon the Ruger 10-22, and the .410 harvesting a few rabbits and birds.

So, at 4. I'm not buying this story the way it is reported. Something is very fishy here. The reason many very young kids that find mommies .38 shoot themselves, is because they cannot pull the trigger normally. They turn the weapon around, pointing it at themselves, pulling the trigger with their thumbs.
I believe the gun she was shot with was a custom .45 1911 style semi-auto. If so, it would have a single action trigger with a fairly light pull. I suspect that this nitwit had this gun in the vehicle in a cocked and locked state, all the kid had to do was release the safety (very simple even for kid) and pull a nice easy single action trigger.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:45 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I believe the gun she was shot with was a custom .45 1911 style semi-auto. If so, it would have a single action trigger with a fairly light pull. I suspect that this nitwit had this gun in the vehicle in a cocked and locked state, all the kid had to do was release the safety (very simple even for kid) and pull a nice easy single action trigger.
Very possible. But still the kid would have either had to figure out how to release the safety (and that would suggest he knew what the safety was) or he released it in the process of just playing with the gun (could happen). Then again, this woman is such an idiot it wouldn't surprise me if she was carrying the gun cocked and unlocked.

Last edited by r small; 03-11-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Very possible. But still the kid would have either had to figure out how to release the safety (and that would suggest he knew what the safety was) or he released it in the process of just playing with the gun (could happen). Then again, this woman is such an idiot it wouldn't surprise me if she was carrying the gun cocked and unlocked.

I have seen 4 year olds work a smartphone like pros, a simple frame safety on a 1911 would be a piece of cake. Especially if they saw Redneck Momma playing with what she called her "new toy". I still cannot even come to grips with the negligence this woman displayed in her handling of a deadly weapon. To just leave a loaded gun with one in the pipe unholstered floating loose around the passenger compartment of a vehicle is mind boggling to me.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:09 PM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
The bold is kind of an oxymoron.

Someone is shot, injured in hospital, and you have "a ton ripping her a new one". What would you call it then other than victimization or bullying? Just desserts?

Here's a question for you, do you think that if she read the comments and committed suicide her dependents could possibly hold Facebook liable for failure to protect her? Any answer but a definitive "no" would probably lead to suspension of the account.
That whistling sound you heard was the point going right over your head.

Cyber bullying is throwing shots at an innocent and undeserving target. This isn't that situation at all, not even close. Her page was set up specifically to preach her pro-gun agenda. She is bragging about how her 4 year old shoots guns, commenting on how her guns will keep her out of the hospital, constant criticizing the Government and anti-gun folks because damnnit she knows what she is doing. The posters were simply laughing at her and the irony of her situation as she recovers in a hospital from a gun shot from her 4 year old using an unsecured gun.

And Hell yeah she deserved every one of those comments.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 03-11-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies