Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 04:24 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Did you see the latest debate?! Do you follow her on Facebook?

She started off as a moderate, but when Bernie started picking up momentum, she is going even further left them him. She is essentially calling for the shut down of every gun shop and manufacturer in America by allowing victims to sue them. It should be the government's responsibility of performinng the background check. If the person gets approved why should the gun store or manufacturer be held liable? Clinton is taking BLM off the charts now, before she said they need to change their message, but now she talks as if police go out actively killing them and then claims to not understand racism because she is white. She will say anything or do anything to get elected.
You really think after her entire life being a moderate centrist, she is going to change now?

BLM?? Who cares. Pander to them, go crazy, it doesn't move the needle one bit.

Gun shops? Again, who cares?

Keep your eye on the ball - economic policy, foreign policy, regulations, medicare, immigration policy, social security, etc. Those are the real battles. And that's where Hillary will strive above everyone else.

Quote:
Also, how many people tried to shut down Bernie rallies or Clinton rallies? Democrats these days speak about tolerance but all they do is race flame, sex flame, divide the country into groups telling them Republicans hate them and even saying some want then dead. It's crazy.
While I don't agree with the way that the protesters shut down a rally, it should be taken in context. People are against the man, not the party.

If the Democrats had nominated Louis Farrakhan or some other nutcase, then you'd probably see the same thing happened. The fact that something like this happened points to how radical the candidate is, not how partisan the party is. I see no similar thing at Rubio, Kasich, or Cruz rallies; which tells you that this is essentially a one-off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 04:55 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
There's no such thing as "moderates". There are only radicals and those less radical until they become the "conservatives".

That's why the civilization is ending.

Our path of destruction has been 500 years in the making. It picked up major impetus at the end of the 17th century with the French Revolution. The 19th and early 20th centuries the Church and her Pontiff's tried to warn the world and stop the path of destruction but the people were already deep into heresy and apostasy. Then came the warnings at Fatima coinciding with "their" moment of crowning glory of the Russian Revolution. After that came the coup in the 1958 conclave where the freemason Roncalli was installed as anti-pope over the legitimate successor Cardinal Giuseppi Siri. Then Vatican II, the removal of most of the grace from the world through the implementation of illegitimate "sacraments" and priesthood. It's no coincidence "the 60's" came next and the rest is recent history.

All directed by the Prince of this World through those who have given their souls to implement his plans.

The next phase of history is mass suffering and death on earth because humanity must pay for and expiate its' sins.

Tinfoil-hat territory; Self-serving rants such as this are precisely why the radicals among the "progressive" Left are so easily able to sow the seeds of their own poisoned fruit.

What we have come to call the Enlightenment came about only because of economic progress -- because there was a little more to go around for a while after the Black Death, and a small group of free thinkers found a way to encourage it -- with the Kings, Popes and their lackeys fighting human progress (and burning more than a few brave men at the stake) every step of the way.

And below is a link to the environment which fostered Cardinals Pacelli (Pius Xii) and Siri

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler%27s_Pope

I cannot attempt to justify or understand, by any means, why the ignorant masses who flocked to that display of man's inhumanity to man also flocked to the banners of Robespierre, Marx, Lenin and Hitler, but the same combination of ignorance (or selective "facts"), short-sight, and a single, fallible-but-strong figure seeking to be venerated is currently supporting the campaigns of Sanders, Trump, and the most zealous among the religious extremists, just as it fuels the hatreds of the KKK, OWS and BLM.

You are free to cling to your simplistic, all-serving answers if you wish, but the danger begins when those who wear their faith (religious or secular) like a badge seek to impose it upon the rest of us.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-12-2016 at 06:24 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 04:58 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Donald Trump has consistently use hate-speech and insults throughout his campaign. He constantly insults his Republican opponents. He implies that most Mexicans are rapists. Etc. This trend toward in-your-face politics began with Newt Gingrich. But you expect the other side to sit politely with their hands folded.

Although I started out as a Republican back in the 1960s, I have long since been a moderate Democrat. And I am tired of the ongoing temper tantrums of the Republican right. You had a decent party up until Reagan or post-Reagan (not quite sure where the line was). The decency is gone. Republicans have led in setting the tone.
It's really simple. The Redneck yahoos used to be Dems back in the day. Now they are all trump following Pubs.

It's pretty unbelievable that there were northeastern social Liberal Republicans back in the old days who were in line with the social liberal northern Dems. They disagreed on fiscal policy generally but there really aren't any of those around anymore. Just like you can't find any yellow dog Dems anymore.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Did you see the latest debate?! Do you follow her on Facebook?

She started off as a moderate, but when Bernie started picking up momentum, she is going even further left them him. She is essentially calling for the shut down of every gun shop and manufacturer in America by allowing victims to sue them. It should be the government's responsibility of performinng the background check. If the person gets approved why should the gun store or manufacturer be held liable? Clinton is taking BLM off the charts now, before she said they need to change their message, but now she talks as if police go out actively killing them and then claims to not understand racism because she is white. She will say anything or do anything to get elected.

Also, how many people tried to shut down Bernie rallies or Clinton rallies? Democrats these days speak about tolerance but all they do is race flame, sex flame, divide the country into groups telling them Republicans hate them and even saying some want then dead. It's crazy.
What's crazy is you talk like a white man but you're only half. But I'll tell you those Trump supporters could give 2 rats' asses about us. As a fellow biracial, stop pretending to be something you're not and never will be, a white man like your dad

Old 03-12-2016, 07:39 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I don't think the statement is fair- I see more angry republicans than anything. The Chicago thing is a response to his attacks. I am appalled at the nastiness coming out of the conservative bunch -God and country and all that!

These things are like kryptonite to Progressives. Jesus and patriotism drive them completely nuts. It's kind of funny, really.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:59 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
I don't think the statement is fair- I see more angry republicans than anything. The Chicago thing is a response to his attacks. I am appalled at the nastiness coming out of the conservative bunch -God and country and all that!

Pulled right from your ass.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:09 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
These things are like kryptonite to Progressives. Jesus and patriotism drive them completely nuts. It's kind of funny, really.
Please stop pretending you have a monopoly on patriotism.

There's nothing patriotic about constantly trying to deny people's rights. There's nothing patriotic about getting thousands of young Americans killed and wasting trillions of dollars invading countries for the enrichment of cronies.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:28 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Please stop pretending you have a monopoly on patriotism.

There's nothing patriotic about constantly trying to deny people's rights. There's nothing patriotic about getting thousands of young Americans killed and wasting trillions of dollars invading countries for the enrichment of cronies.
I know! Like when a disruptive mob shuts down a public speaking event. Know what I mean!

Pot... meet Kettle.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:34 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I know! Like when a disruptive mob shuts down a public speaking event. Know what I mean!

Pot... meet Kettle.
The protesters didn't shut down the event, the ones hosting the event made that choice.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:40 PM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
So, what "angry Republicans" have you seen interrupting Clinton and Sanders rallies? Assaulting their supporters at their events? Preventing people from attending their events?

Nice try to spin it, but leftists are NOT tolerant of others and are the first to turn to violence against anyone they don't agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies