Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:20 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
#1: Cubans have refugee status so they are exempt from regular Immigration policies. Have you not noticed that we have 2 Americans of Cuban descent both currently running for President?

#2 : Dominicans aren't flooding the US.

#3: Haitians get sent back to Haiti by the Coast Guard.

^ Another point is the above mentioned who are no where near close to the amount of Mexicans that have a land border with the US. So the Question begs who is hiring the Un-Educated , non-English speaking , dark skinned & economically poor from Mexico ???

Americans are ! Otherwise why would they put their lives in danger crossing the border or paying Coyotes thousands of dollars to sheperd them across the Rio Grande for economic opportunity in the US?
Without them benefitting from having "Legal" status or even "Legal Rights" in this country and who is benefiting from that?

A "Wall" will not stop people from coming over the border and Trump is too stupid too realize that a 100 foot wall can lead to a 100 foot tunnel ! or doesn't he remember El Chapo tunneling his way out of a Mexican prison?

You do not live in Miami-- go on NW17/7 - Kendall or little Haiti-
in any case no one addressed my post -( just took parts from it)-- as usual- DRUS SEX and WORK are your problem!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 07:21 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,933 times
Default Bad timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicist027 View Post
Where are the liberals? Only one to reply?
I'm laughing my arse off! So, we've got this 'uge demographic bulge of baby boomers starting in on their social security collecting years. We've got an environmental situation where it's getting hotter, for longer, every year. And you're going to keep out the only people who can and will do the work that needs doing, at a bargain price that you can afford?! Get real. We need the labor force, and young Americans won't be doing the hot, hard and dirty work in the volumes in which it needs doing for the price you old cheapskates want to pay.
Who's going to cut your grass? Who's reroofing houses all Summer long in Texas for 14 bucks an hour? Who's going to change your bedpan and strap you into your wheelchair down at the nursing home that's in your bright and shiny future? That's what I thought.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:27 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
I'm laughing my arse off! So, we've got this 'uge demographic bulge of baby boomers starting in on their social security collecting years. We've got an environmental situation where it's getting hotter, for longer, every year. And you're going to keep out the only people who can and will do the work that needs doing, at a bargain price that you can afford?! Get real. We need the labor force, and young Americans won't be doing the hot, hard and dirty work in the volumes in which it needs doing for the price you old cheapskates want to pay.
Who's going to cut your grass? Who's reroofing houses all Summer long in Texas for 14 bucks an hour? Who's going to change your bedpan and strap you into your wheelchair down at the nursing home that's in your bright and shiny future? That's what I thought.
I got news for you, and maybe you should start paying attention. Robots are in their infancy as of now, in 10 years you cannot imagine what they are going to be doing.

Trump knows this. The Mexicans jumping our border are extremely low skilled workers. In 10-20 years robots are going to be taking all their jobs. So yes, we have to stop the influx. And absolutely NOT give citizenship to the current illegals. They need to go home with their children, I don't care where they were born.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:36 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I got news for you, and maybe you should start paying attention. Robots are in their infancy as of now, in 10 years you cannot imagine what they are going to be doing.

Trump knows this. The Mexicans jumping our border are extremely low skilled workers. In 10-20 years robots are going to be taking all their jobs. So yes, we have to stop the influx. And absolutely NOT give citizenship to the current illegals. They need to go home with their children, I don't care where they were born.
Man, I hope that robot's gentle with the tissue when he wipes you; really, good luck with that!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:39 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
The wall is not a solution and the GOP has placed far too much focus on this and ignoring other realistic solutions. Things like stricter enforcement of E-verify - withholding funds to states who are lax, increased border patrol agents and other more reasonable measures along with addressing the reasons these people are coming here in the first place.

Guatemala, El Salvador and others have increased crime, corruption and gang activity, seems if we can spend so many resources in the ME we could devote some time to addressing problems that directly affect us.

Build a 2000 mile wall over several years and they will still find a way, walls have never worked but it's such a simplistic solution that voters have grabbed hold of this but it will not work.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:40 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Man, I hope that robot's gentle with the tissue when he wipes you; really, good luck with that!
LOL, I see what you are saying but yes, they will be gentle. You cannot believe what they have planned for robots. It's a sad thing for people who are happy doing menial jobs. I've always believed there is a place in society for everyone. But they will not be able to compete with robots.

There will be some jobs maintaining and reprogramming robots..but even those jobs eventually will probably be taken.

My job is considered a skilled job, but I fully expect a robot combined with computers to be doing my job someday.

BTW, I've never been much of a drinker and never have smoked, but maybe I'll start at about 75 years old. That way I can party like a 20 year old and check out at about 80 years old and wipe myself to the end

Old 03-14-2016, 07:40 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's a ludicrous idea. At least, that's what engineers say:

An Engineer Explains Why Trump's Wall Is So Implausible
The old "an "engineer" stated this" line. Give me a break. A canal was built in Panama in the beginning of the 1900's which is still in use today. 2 hours south of me there was a bridge/tunnel built spanning the entrance of the Chesapeake bay, in 1964 and added to again in the late 90's! In the beginning of WW2 we didn't have much in terms of a navy and other equipment needed for a war. No need to say how quickly that was increased! We put a man on the moon! Several times. The hoover dam! Many other examples can be used so I'm pretty sure a simple wall would would not be the most difficult thing to accomplish! Hell, they could even put a moat alongside of it stocked with alligators and paranas for all I care and it would still be feasable.

The point is, something needs to be done! Just sitting back and letting the current nonsence continue is only turning us into the craphole these thieves are leaving. A wall would deter many from even trying and slow down enough others where they can be caught and sent back. Now there is a good idea. When caught, send them back. Right away. True, it won't stop all but it will stop a lot. And then those who make it through, have our current laws enforced and send them back. Our current laws are not bad. Read them. Not only do they call for action taken against employers who hire these scum, it also calls for deportation, 5, 10 year and lifetime bans on any visa's for those caught overstaying (depending on reason), no benefits can be given. and many others. They just need to be enforced! And take away the birthrite anchor baby crap, that is about the only law that needs to be added!

Hey I kind of like the moat with alligators and paranas idea!!

Old 03-14-2016, 07:49 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
Donald Trump plans to build this "Great Wall" if elected president, and expects Mexico to pay for it? He's delusional.

If America currently gives Mexico $100 billion in foreign aid and instead only gives them $1 billion in aid, then Mexico is effectively PAYING $99 billion towards the fence.

A parent who takes the cost of a broken window out of their kid's allowance is effectively making the kid pay for the window.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:55 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
The wall has almost stopped border jumpers out to E County here. It simply works. It used to look like a migration of Wildebeest there were so many.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Employer sanctions, should be the virtual wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies