Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
40% is about right. About 30% of the country is comprised of reactionary social conservatives. These are your evangelicals and your white nationalists, all typically authoritarian, seeking power to impose their vision of society on everyone. They are heavily concentrated in the Bible Belt but less of a factor in other parts of the country. Then you have right-leaning libertarians, most of whom are open minded enough to criticize Trump but still overall like a lot of what he's doing, specifically with the trade war. Add to that people who are benefiting from the Trump situation in one way or another such as people in the fossil fuel industry, you get about 40% or so of the population.
There are enough self proclaimed white nationalist Trump supporters to be considered 1 percentage point of the US population? Or is that just an attempt to make it seem like a large portion of Trump’s support is from mean ol’ white nationalist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 12:17 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Maybe Trump is smarter than a lot of the “smart” people that supposedly have him figured out? How could do many smart people be so wrong about such an important topic?
Trump is smarter in the sense that he resonates more with the average American. The media has traditionally always liked having complete control of the narrative when it comes to anything political, and Trump has essentially denied them that ability (for the liberal news media outlets anyway)... and they can't stand not being in control!

If there's anything to be learned from the Trump presidency, IMO, it's just how vicious politicians and the media can get trying to steal back control of the narrative. It's why people should always question what they read/hear/see in the news and approach it as though they are being manipulated in some way shape or form. Extract the objective aspects, ignore the subjective filler...

Old 10-24-2018, 12:21 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
40% is about right. About 30% of the country is comprised of reactionary social conservatives. These are your evangelicals and your white nationalists, all typically authoritarian, seeking power to impose their vision of society on everyone.

Plenty of non-white minorities are part of the statistic. I'm going to vote for Trump a second time.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:28 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
There are enough self proclaimed white nationalist Trump supporters to be considered 1 percentage point of the US population? Or is that just an attempt to make it seem like a large portion of Trump’s support is from mean ol’ white nationalist?
Well evangelicals are about 24% of the population. That means 6% more are part of Trump's hardcore solid base for reasons other than religion. White nationalists are likely a part of that, but nowhere near the entire 6%.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:00 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Default Give details on Trumps's racism

just saw it again in another thread, someone calling Trump horrible because he is so racist, so post your verifiable explanations on how he is so racist.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:04 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
just saw it again in another thread, someone calling Trump horrible because he is so racist, so post your verifiable explanations on how he is so racist.
..And, if anyone is going to respond, remember:

MEXICAN is not a race
Illegal Alien is not a race
"migrant" is not a race

Old 11-26-2018, 01:14 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
..And, if anyone is going to respond, remember:

MEXICAN is not a race
Illegal Alien is not a race
"migrant" is not a race

And contrary to your definition, Liberalism is NOT a mental disorder.

Hmmmm, I am certain anyone going to provide factual responses will follow your rules and definitions.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:17 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
In my opinion he was labeled a racist by the media when he entered the presidential race.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:20 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And contrary to your definition, Liberalism is NOT a mental disorder.

Hmmmm, I am certain anyone going to provide factual responses will follow your rules and definitions.
So, you are going to conflate my opinion as equal to the facts? Really?

Old 11-26-2018, 01:25 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
And it doesn't count to say that his father was a racist. Good post, OP. I predict you won't get any good replies. I recall Omarosa Manigault saying (before she decided to cash in with her book deal) "I know him [Trump] as a friend," and said other nice things about him. I don't think she would have said that if he had really been a racist.

If I'm a white nationalist and voted for Trump, I'd be asking for my vote back. He's put several Jews and at least one black (Carson) and one Indian-American (Haley) into high level positions in his administration. Those who cry 'racist' have to explain why a white supremacist would do that. He has the final say on any of these posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies