Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 08:17 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times

Advertisements

One would have to be blind or politically incompetent to believe that a Republican eking out a 2 point victory in a R+12 district in a House special election after spending $6M of outside money and with personal support and visits from both Trump and Pence was a GOP "victory". I'm not sure its a big Democrat victory either but don't be stupid, people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 09:37 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump won the White House because he beat Hillary Clinton. It's not the fault of the voters.
LOL

That's one of the DUMBEST posts I've ever seen.

Yeah, right. the voters had nothing to do with it. Is that an admission there comrade?

Ken

Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
As a retired steelworker I can tell you this. It was the racism that Trump was and is selling. Obama was wrong when he was in Pa. talking about clinging to guns and religion. For the most part, they cling to guns and racism. I worked with them for 35 years.
I wish the truth about what you explain were not such, but obviously you tell the truth and to make matters worse, all too many people simply will not recognize this truth for all too many obvious, sad and disturbing reasons...

Old 09-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
One would have to be blind or politically incompetent to believe that a Republican eking out a 2 point victory in a R+12 district in a House special election after spending $6M of outside money and with personal support and visits from both Trump and Pence was a GOP "victory". I'm not sure its a big Democrat victory either but don't be stupid, people.
Much as I'm inclined to agree with you in spirit, a victory is a victory and there is nothing new about spending money and all the rest to win office in our political system. A victory for the GOP. A loss for America...

Old 09-11-2019, 10:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
As a retired steelworker I can tell you this. It was the racism that Trump was and is selling. Obama was wrong when he was in Pa. talking about clinging to guns and religion. For the most part, they cling to guns and racism. I worked with them for 35 years.
I had friends that went to tea party rallies thinking it was really about fiscal prudence. When they started talking to the other there, they heard nothing but racism.

Sorta like some of the Ron and Rand Paul supporters. They start out preaching libertarianism and fiscal prudence and anti-war, but in a flash they will turn into the meanest racists you ever found.

Remember when Rand Pauls campaign manager posted the pic of a lynching on FB and laughed...to celebrate MLK day?

That's who they really are.

The truth is that this comes from insecurity. They are scared....they don't like the fact that the black people might take their jobs (work harder) or that black folks somehow survived 400 years of Slavery.

They would be much better off playing to their own strengths and getting into self-improvement, but that's not in the cards.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I just don't believe anything I see/hear/read in the "media" anymore. None of it. Any integrity they once had was lost long ago.
I always scratch my head some when I read comments like these...

Of course there is bias involved with the media:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-possible.html

Nevertheless, is what you know about Trump and what's going on around you simply based on opinions expressed by others or do you follow the news and decide for yourself? What of all positive or negative being reported about Trump do you not believe?

For example, do you not believe what Trump has said even when caught on tape, in recorded interviews, at press conferences? Do you not follow what has gone on between Trump and North Korea? The Paris agreement? Israel? At our own border? With the Taliban?

"The break came days after Trump abandoned his plan to meet with the Taliban at Camp David, capping a tough week. On Friday, the president’s adviser on North Korea said negotiations have been stalled for months. On Thursday, Middle East envoy Jason Greenblatt announced his intention to depart; the vaunted Israeli-Palestinian peace plan he’s been working on has yet to be unveiled. The U.S.-China trade war drags on."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-disagreements

What's so hard to believe?

The great majority of what we learn from the media about Trump is what he is doing (or not doing) and they are the facts that no one can deny. It's really just the "talking heads" and editorials, opinion about the facts that is confusing you. Opinion that amounts to little more than dressing. Why not stop listening to them and just follow the facts? If you can't judge beyond the dressing, then I guess I can understand your sense of confusion and condemnation of the press, but really?

Always seems like another case of "throwing the baby out with the bathwater" if you ask me...

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-11-2019 at 11:26 AM..

Old 09-11-2019, 04:21 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Okay, I figured you weren't living in reality a few posts back so no point going back and forth.

Quote:
Like dozens upon dozens of professional journalists across the media.
Name some, then. I mentioned Acosta, you skirted. How about Rachel Maddow? Her tear filled dialogue on her show was about the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I really wonder how many bedrooms in her mansion or penthouse are filled with illegal families she's sponsoring, if it upsets her so much to make her cry on national TV.

Chris Cuomo? He (among everyone else) spent 2.5 years accusing, charging, trying, convicting, and sentencing Trump for the Russia hoax that didn't turn up diddly squat. Then he turns into straight up white trash when someone calls him "Fredo", which isn't even offensive in the least. Professional!

Quote:
And Trumplings constantly bellow, "We don't believe the polls!"
It's offensive when you call people that.

Also, genius, polls are different than ratings.

More people watch TLC (the honey booboo channel), and The Hallmark Channel primetime than CNN.

That's not a poll--that's hard data. The liberal biased media is BS and Americans aren't buying it.

Quote:
Get an extra large size of tissues, lollypops, a safe space, and whatever else you need in a care package come 2020 because Trump is handily going to win again.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:30 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
for some reason I keep going back to the last real poll. Happened on Nov 6, 2016....

Old 09-11-2019, 04:39 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

It's offensive when you call people that. [Trumplings]

Get an extra large size of tissues, lollypops, a safe space, and whatever else you need in a care package come 2020 because Trump is handily going to win again.
You're offended by "Trumplings"? Sounds like you're the one who needs a "safe space".

Old 09-11-2019, 05:16 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
You're offended by "Trumplings"? Sounds like you're the one who needs a "safe space".
I'm not offended, but I mean people like that who label every person that doesn't vote for Bernie Sanders a Trumpling....it's stupid and inaccurate. And condescending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies