Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 05:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,956,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
/\

Sorry but I don't have the time or stomach to read through right wings rags that are going to pick apart everything they don't agree with I have had enough with the T Party bs locally; nor do I have time to pull up a reference from 200 years ago. Based on tonight's news on NBC I am tired of these self proclaimed little Napoleon's choosing to stop the government process because they don't agree with it, your elected, do your job. Maybe it's time for all of Congress to be replaced on both sides of the isle.
They took an oath to defend the Constitution. They are doing their job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:38 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,362,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Cry me a river. You and your boy Obama are finished.
Too busy laughing.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You have the polling to show the "a majority of Americans feel that the Senate should just do their job and act on the President's nomination."?

I would be interested to see that.
Majority of Public Wants Senate to Act on Obama

Poll Finds Majority of Voters Disapprove of Republicans

Old 03-16-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
They took an oath to defend the Constitution. They are doing their job.
How does one defend the Constitution by refusing to what the Constitution requires to be done.

I swear the number of conservatives who mention the Constitution but have actually read it is like finding a virgin in a Nevada cat house.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:46 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,419,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
How does one defend the Constitution by refusing to what the Constitution requires to be done.
Again, The Washington Post, not a "right wing rag".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-or-down-vote/

Quote:
I swear the number of conservatives who mention the Constitution but have actually read it is like finding a virgin in a Nevada cat house.
Would you mind pointing out where the Post is wrong?

I think this will hurt the Republicans but I care less about that.....Let it. It won't bother me.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:50 PM

991 posts, read 631,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
/\

Sorry but I don't have the time or stomach to read through right wings rags that are going to pick apart everything they don't agree with I have had enough with the T Party bs locally; nor do I have time to pull up a reference from 200 years ago. Based on tonight's news on NBC I am tired of these self proclaimed little Napoleon's choosing to stop the government process because they don't agree with it, your elected, do your job. Maybe it's time for all of Congress to be replaced on both sides of the isle.
So the Liberal Rag, Very Slanted to the Left, Washington Post is a Right Wing Rag now?

Oh, I see, it's only because they accidentally wrote a truth that you cannot dispute this time!

Old 03-16-2016, 05:58 PM

991 posts, read 631,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Not only have I read the Constitution, I even have the ability to understand it.
(Unlike those who will go un-named)

Quote:
The appointments clause of the Constitution gives the president the power to nominate judges, but it also gives the Senate the power to provide “advice and consent” and places no limits on how the Senate discharges this power. The Senate may withhold its consent by voting down a nominee, but it may also withhold its consent by refusing to act, or otherwise failing to confirm a nominee.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...court-nominee/

^^^^^^That Pesky Washington Post Again^^^^^^

Old 03-16-2016, 05:58 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
So the Liberal Rag, Very Slanted to the Left, Washington Post is a Right Wing Rag now?

Oh, I see, it's only because they accidentally wrote a truth that you cannot dispute this time!
The article doesn't claim they are defending the consititution, that is pretty much laughable, just that they are not required to do anything. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's very intelligent, like shutting down the government.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:00 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,419,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The article doesn't claim they are defending the consititution, that is pretty much laughable, just that they are not required to do anything. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it's very intelligent, like shutting down the government.
Or arming drug cartels. Actually that wasn't even legal.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:01 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,458,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Then go and read some history!
Did someone mention history?

SCOUTS Justices confirmed during election years:
  1. Oliver Ellsworth, 1796
  2. Samuel Chase, 1796
  3. William Johnson, 1804
  4. Philip Barbour, 1836
  5. Roger Taney, 1836
  6. Melville Fuller, 1888
  7. Lucius Lamar, 1888
  8. George Shiras, 1892
  9. Mahlon Pitney, 1912
  10. John Clarke, 1916
  11. Louis Brandeis, 1916
  12. Benjamin Cardozo, 1932
  13. Frank Murphy, 1940
  14. Anthony Kennedy, 1988
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies