Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 06:05 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,366,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Or arming drug cartels. Actually that wasn't even legal.
Arming drug cartels clearly wasn't the intention, obviously the GOP wants to obstruct, create a dysfunctional government and claim Obama is ineffective, pretty much the SOP for the last 7 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 06:11 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,138,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Did someone mention history?

SCOUTS Justices confirmed during election years:
  1. Oliver Ellsworth, 1796
  2. Samuel Chase, 1796
  3. William Johnson, 1804
  4. Philip Barbour, 1836
  5. Roger Taney, 1836
  6. Melville Fuller, 1888
  7. Lucius Lamar, 1888
  8. George Shiras, 1892
  9. Mahlon Pitney, 1912
  10. John Clarke, 1916
  11. Louis Brandeis, 1916
  12. Benjamin Cardozo, 1932
  13. Frank Murphy, 1940
  14. Anthony Kennedy, 1988
Wonderful list, but times are different now. We now have a President that hates his own country, was elected by people that feel the same way, and is determined to vandalize America as much a possible.
And he denies he has any culpability in the poisonous political climate we find ourselves in.
His SCOTUS nominees can wait. And wait.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:14 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,456,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Wonderful list, but times are different now.
So?
Quote:
We now have a President that hates his own country, was elected by people that feel the same way, and is determined to vandalize America as much a possible.
Opinion.
Quote:
And he denies he has any culpability in the poisonous political climate we find ourselves in.
His SCOTUS nominees can wait. And wait.
They'll cave. They always cave.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:14 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,366,976 times
Senator McConnell stated the following indicating he was following the Biden rule, fortunately Biden and the democratic senate had the good sense to not follow the Biden rule, but then there is McConnell.

“The next justice could fundamentally alter the direction of the Supreme Court and have a profound impact on our country, so of course the American people should have a say in the court’s direction,"

So what are the voters in the last election, dirt?

The good thing about this thread are that people read the Washington Post and listen to Biden, there is hope for the GOP!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:15 PM

19,293 posts, read 17,179,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
So the Liberal Rag, Very Slanted to the Left, Washington Post is a Right Wing Rag now?

Oh, I see, it's only because they accidentally wrote a truth that you cannot dispute this time!
I never claimed to have read the Washington Post article that was someone else, I read an AP release online about the Presidents candidate and I saw the evening news on NBC. Someone posted a link to a Right Wing web site called Hot air, I'm not wasting my time reading it. My statement was based on what I saw on TV and I don't like it. It is time for Congress to do the job they were elected to perform and stop trying to shut down the government every time it isn't going there way.

And the party hacks can't understand why Trump is in the lead......

Old 03-16-2016, 06:16 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,138,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Arming drug cartels clearly wasn't the intention, obviously the GOP wants to obstruct, create a dysfunctional government and claim Obama is ineffective, pretty much the SOP for the last 7 years.
Obama is an amateur. He was in over his head from the beginning so his intentions were suspect.
I'm proud to be an obstructionist, and will do what I can for the rest of my life to discredit him. Out here.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:20 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,456,924 times
Quote:
Obama is an amateur. He was in over his head from the beginning so his intentions were suspect.
I'm proud to be an obstructionist, and will do what I can for the rest of my life to discredit him. Out here.
Well, that's one way to waste time.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:31 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,221,056 times
Too busy laughing.

February 22....Hahahahhahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 03-16-2016, 06:53 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,974,131 times
I don't get why we are getting twisted around the axle. The guy is weak on his second amendment record. Easy answer --- no.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:58 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,346,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again, The Washington Post, not a "right wing rag".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-or-down-vote/

Would you mind pointing out where the Post is wrong?

"he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate,"

One could certainly argue that if the Senate chooses not to provide its advice and consent, in effect abstaining from its Constitutional power the President can just go a head and make the appointment, which by the way, as soon as Congress goes into its summer recesses Obama can just go ahead make the appointment and then Mitch and Gang will have to vote on the nomination.

Either way, it's terribly funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies