Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 03:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I'm not assuming anything. Would poor black neighborhoods be better off with more heroin and crack dealers on the street? Yes or no?
Would white neighborhoods be better off.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:42 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
When the US went after Escobar, he knew they cooperated with him for many years, when they turn policy tables on him, he warned them, not only would he send Cocaine, he would send Crack, and the substance that Cocaine is made of, which they called Busaco (Cocaine paste, also known as coca paste, paco, pasta base or basuco) it is multiple times more addictive than Crack....
It scared the heck out of Reagan Administration!!!!!!!, because they knew they had worked hard to establish the smuggling routes and it would be no problem for the Colombians to send Busaco in mass quantity. Reagan's Admin backed off of Pablo Escobar, and allowed his government to house him in own mountain retreat as a form of "pretend its prison".

If Escobar had not engaged war with his government, they would have protected him for a very long time, but as things are today, it morphed into the transport networks developing their own Cartels, which became the dominant leaders when Escobar was killed and the Colombian Cartel was diminished. Today, we have the Sinalo'a Cartel and what ever others that exist in the Mexico Region and Central America Region.

It's a very big picture with many moving parts.... but it has direct pathway and targeted communities still to this day, and they are not all just black communities, there are poor white communities, Mexican and Latin communities and just where do you think the Heroin which has invaded the Midwest is coming from.
Now these MEGA Billionaires can too produce "Pills" by the billions, and they have a smuggling network that is well established as now being a "cocktail of drug types" moved as if its on a high speed rail system directly to THE POOR...
And it's not just guys like Escobar who make huge sums of money from drugs. It's US cops too.

Here is an excellent documentary that shows how NY cops protected, participated in and made a fortune from the drug trade. I'm sure there were and are many more like this.

Netflix

Here is another modern day example of the corruption that the war on drugs encourages;

Cops in 'Podunk' Florida Town Sent Millions to Venezuela, Including to Maduro Aide - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Old 03-25-2016, 04:18 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
While this is interesting and some I agree with and some I do not, I thought you'd like to know that in a recent poll of voters they've found that Trump has an equal economic following to all other candidates. Some blue collar, some white collar, and some independent business owners. As hard as it is for anyone to believe, Trump is not making it on the backs of poor white trash any more or less than any other candidate. Thought you'd like to know.
This is because his tax policies most favor the rich, corporations and upper SES.

Trump *is* collecting his most vocal supporters due to their ignorance re fact above plus fear mongering, hate preach, and paranoia.

While watching CNN the other day, I saw the text fly by about Nixon making up the war on drugs to target blacks and hippies. To me, this is a "huuuuge" deal and needs more airtime then Trump v Cruz's hot wife smack talk.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:21 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
TL DNR but if drugs were legal some dumbass would say they were legal to keep poor people down.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:21 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Well this would be one way to reduce the crime. Let's just make it legal and therefore less laws are broken. Makes perfect sense. Liberal minds are a dangerous thing.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:22 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Would white neighborhoods be better off.
No one would be better off with this stuff ON THE STREET.

Bring back the opium den model for all illegal opiates. Get it off our streets and into a bar like environment.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:23 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
TL DNR but if drugs were legal some dumbass would say they were legal to keep poor people down.
Well yes, because there would be a tax on it just as there is on tobacco and alcohol products. It doesn't matter what you do, it will be racist and hating on the poor. It's a no win situation. One would think just obeying the law would be easy enough.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:02 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I didn't know your point was "drug use is race blind". I agree with that.

My point is that marijuana prohibition started in the 1930s with racial objectives.
If that were really true, drug use would have only been prohibited for a certain race. That wasn't what happened.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:59 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You have it exactly backwards. Race and ethnicity have very little, if any, meaning to me. You should read more of my posts, dude.

You would be more credible, dude, if you had some actual facts.
I just can't help it dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeNqEKDtOo

Old 03-25-2016, 07:00 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
In all seriousness, legalizing all drugs seemed to work in Portugal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies