Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 08:20 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,610,046 times

Advertisements

Speaking of double standards...one time, I went to a James Taylor concert at Tanglewood (MA), During intermission, the line for the ladies room was a mile long, while the men's room line was in and out. A group of young women had decided that they would not wait on their crazy line, walked into the men's room, headed for the stalls, did their thing while giggling away...and out the door again. No big deal for the guys as we did our thing at the urinals.

Could you ever imagine a guy walking into the women's room, and the problems that would cause???

Old 03-25-2016, 08:23 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,832,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Here is a question for feminists/progressives who keep defending female promiscuity/vanity.
100% of shirtless men are ugly. End of story.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:39 PM

20,393 posts, read 20,049,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I'd like to go on the record that, as a feminist, I have nothing against topless women.
Well, that depends........................

Old 03-26-2016, 12:50 AM

30,554 posts, read 23,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Here is a question for feminists/progressives who keep defending female promiscuity/vanity.

Why is it that saying bad things about women who dress very lightly is automatically a form of misogyny, while saying bad things about men who do the same thing is considered fine?

See, I and many other people I know bodybuild/work out. And it's not uncommon for some bros to get a bit carried away once they obtain great bodies. They start walking around almost (or even completely) shirtless whenever they get the chance and wear cloth intended to showcase their muscles as much as possible. And what happens? What happens is that people call them narcissists and vain douches. And yet, if somebody calls a woman who does the exact same thing an attention *****/vain, it's misogyny? Why?

Why can only men who dress lightly be vain and narcissistic but not women?

There is no reason, this is just a perfect example of the massive double-standards of modern feminism.

"A man walks around shirtless: A narcissist, vain, douche etc
A woman walks around half naked: Free, liberated, independent etc"

Yea right... narcissistic
I don't call it misogyny, I call it like it is:

They are all attention who*es.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies