Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 12:46 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times

Advertisements

Aside from the fact that you are way, way off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Obvious question is why other groups have so rarely been sued for restitution.
Different set of facts, different jurisdictions, different potential plaintiff's, so off with you before I report you to the mods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 01:23 PM

497 posts, read 428,362 times
Stealing private property? Really?

All I see here are some RWNJ stealing property from the American People.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I have a better idea … perhaps the costs can be taken from the profits the BLM made in stealing private property and livestock from our fellow Americans you and others want to condemn?

Old 03-25-2016, 04:41 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
I don't understand why they need legislation for the property damage, the offenders are usually held responsible. Paying for the cost of the police, BLM and FBI is another story.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:17 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Obvious question is why other groups have so rarely been sued for restitution. BLM blocks roads and disrupts major highways, disrupting thousands, costing thousands of dollars per hour...never charged. BLM riots and burns down entire neighborhoods. Have any paid restitution to rebuild them? OWS trashes parks in urban areas for months, displacing who knows how many people from legal use of said park. Any restitution?

Yet a couple guys occupy an insignificant piece of dirt in the middle of BFE...and they are either shot to death, imprisoned for decades or sued? Not that they don't deserve punishment, but where is the balance?

Oh yeah, these people actually stood up to the federal government-they must be made an example.
Of course not, they won't even admit that the Occupiers or BLM cause the damage much less prosecute them for it. The media certainly never spends any time reporting on how much it cost to clean up after OWS or the BLM riots - or sorry, 'peaceful protests'. They should all have to pay, but this certainly looks like selective prosecution.

$17 million just for New York to clean up after OWS. $5 million for Los Angeles, $3.7 million in Oakland...and on and on.
Cities: Occupy protests cost taxpayers millions - U.S. News

Justin Wedes, of Occupy Wall Street, noted: "America doesn't need to spend millions of dollars on a paramilitary response to citizens exercising their First Amendment rights in public space."

I wonder if he was Ok with what the Bundys did? I'm sure he doesn't think he should have to pay just because they do.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:47 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Default Oregon Militia Damages to Wildlife Refuge Stick Taxpayers with $9M Bill - Photos

Thanks, small government advocates, for ruining the place, even smearing your feces all over the place, and leaving taxpayers with a multi-million dollar bill!

I guess we now know how conservative militia members would handle government land: like a hillbilly trailer park (surprise!).

Yeah...I'd rather let the government manage stuff than these inbred hicks. At least govt. employees don't crap on the walls and floors like wild animals.

Photos Of Damage Caused By Oregon Occupiers Proves They Aren't Fit To Manage Anything

Quote:
The occupation has already cost upwards of $9 million.
Feces and trash litter the property.
Officials are worried Native American artifacts have been damaged.

A report released in February by the FBI said “significant amounts of human feces” were found on-site after the occupiers surrendered, next to a “sensitive cultural site” containing artifacts sacred to the Burns Paiute Tribe.

“Nature is durable, it will be just fine,” Holm said. “Buildings and property are fixable or replaceable —they’ll be fine. The relationships with the community will strengthen as a result of this. However, damages to tribal artifacts would be heinous. And lost or missing biological data might be impossible to replicate.”
Yep...like I said... trailer trash (complete with the busted-ass old jalopy, maybe they even had time to raise it on cinder blocks).

Yay! Feces!

Old 03-26-2016, 09:52 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Occupy protests costs taxpayers, cities nearly $13 million: survey - NY Daily News

Old 03-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
9 million?? you've been punked

Old 03-26-2016, 10:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Thanks, small government advocates, for ruining the place, even smearing your feces all over the place, and leaving taxpayers with a multi-million dollar bill!

I guess we now know how conservative militia members would handle government land: like a hillbilly trailer park (surprise!).

Yeah...I'd rather let the government manage stuff than these inbred hicks. At least govt. employees don't crap on the walls and floors like wild animals.

Photos Of Damage Caused By Oregon Occupiers Proves They Aren't Fit To Manage Anything

Yep...like I said... trailer trash (complete with the busted-ass old jalopy, maybe they even had time to raise it on cinder blocks).

Yay! Feces!

I would like to hear from the towns people.......word is out some of the protestors were posing as FBI agents. They were known to be the ones harassing the locals and ones walking around acting as if they were part of the protesting and taking it to levels the Bundys and LaVoy didn't approve of.

So are they being set up and we are just going to fall for the government lies! This is exactly how the Native Americans lost their land....... Scare the people and they will BELIEVE us!

Old 03-26-2016, 10:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Strange how people never saw these cities as the cities of the American people, hint; public land.......but land in the middle of nowhere has all of a sudden become their "public land and protected!"

9 million......taken out of thin air! Is this the Hammond bail or what they land is valued at?

Old 03-26-2016, 10:14 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
9 million?? you've been punked
You of course focus on the estimate (which may raise or fall) and pass over as normal that these hillbillies were crapping on the floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies