Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 07:54 PM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Obama has performed miracles of peace-making with Cuba. Obama showed that not only could he make peace with dictators, but he could socialize with them. And enjoy a good ball game as well. Obama followed the Cuba trip by traveling to Argentina. He delivered an eloquent apology for the U.S.'s dastardly deed in supporting the "dirty war" to prevent Argentina from becoming a paradise like Cuba was then and Venezuela is now.

Perhaps Obama should use the last year of his administration to work his human relations wonders on the Islamic State, or as they call it Daesh. Daesh is a loose acronym of al-Dawla al-Islamiya al-Iraq al-Sham (Arabic for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) but sounds like the Arabic words Daesh ("one who crushes something underfoot") and Dahes ("one who sows discord"). Daesh has taken responsibility or credit (depending on your point of view) for the Paris attacks last November and this week's Brussels attacks. Clearly we need to try something new.

I propose that Barack Obama should journey to Raqqa and meet Caliph El Baghdadi (sp) for a one-on-one, mano-a-mano meeting. This could be facilitated by insisting that Daesh provide security guarantees for Obama's safety, in lieu of having a massive and inflammatory presence of U.S. Secret Service. Topics for discussion would be:
  1. Return of Belgium and France to their borders on November 1, 630 (link), the year that Mohamed conquered Mecca;
  2. Humane repatriation of French and Belgium refugees; and
  3. Daesh consideration of joining the Geneva Convention 50 years hence.
If Obama could achieve these accomplishments, he should receive an unprecedented second Nobel Peace Prize. And achieve the historic immortality accorded Washington and Lincoln.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 10:29 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,066,874 times
Yes, yes. I too wish Obama would travel to Raqqa but also anywhere without the massive and inflammatory presence of the US Secret Service. Only good things could happen.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:28 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
If he keeps ordering kill of ISIS leaders at the rate he's going you just might get your wish.

Old 03-26-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Yes, yes. I too wish Obama would travel to Raqqa but also anywhere without the massive and inflammatory presence of the US Secret Service. Only good things could happen.
Agreed. After all that form of Islam is a religion of pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
If he keeps ordering kill of ISIS leaders at the rate he's going you just might get your wish.
If I didn't know your predilections I would ask for further explanation on your post. I don't need to. But I can ask if you seriously believe that ISIS would be any nicer if Obama did make overtures for a summit.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:13 PM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Better make sure there's a golf course over there.

...and a place for the Mrs. to shop while hubby is golfing.

...and a couple birkas for the girls so they don't get Merkeled.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:19 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
You just wished for the death of another human being. Just so you know. I'll let you decide if that makes you a good person. I'll tell you from my point of view, it makes a very bad person. Evil in fact. But, hey, some truths are dependent on a certain point of view, right? To you, hoping that man you disagree with politically be killed is perfectly acceptable. To me it's not.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:29 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
The silly season has descended on the right as they realize they are down to two sad sack GOP candidates.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:53 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Obama has performed miracles of peace-making with Cuba. Obama showed that not only could he make peace with dictators, but he could socialize with them. And enjoy a good ball game as well. Obama followed the Cuba trip by traveling to Argentina. He delivered an eloquent apology for the U.S.'s dastardly deed in supporting the "dirty war" to prevent Argentina from becoming a paradise like Cuba was then and Venezuela is now.

Perhaps Obama should use the last year of his administration to work his human relations wonders on the Islamic State, or as they call it Daesh. Daesh is a loose acronym of al-Dawla al-Islamiya al-Iraq al-Sham (Arabic for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) but sounds like the Arabic words Daesh ("one who crushes something underfoot") and Dahes ("one who sows discord"). Daesh has taken responsibility or credit (depending on your point of view) for the Paris attacks last November and this week's Brussels attacks. Clearly we need to try something new.

I propose that Barack Obama should journey to Raqqa and meet Caliph El Baghdadi (sp) for a one-on-one, mano-a-mano meeting. This could be facilitated by insisting that Daesh provide security guarantees for Obama's safety, in lieu of having a massive and inflammatory presence of U.S. Secret Service. Topics for discussion would be:
  1. Return of Belgium and France to their borders on November 1, 630 (link), the year that Mohamed conquered Mecca;
  2. Humane repatriation of French and Belgium refugees; and
  3. Daesh consideration of joining the Geneva Convention 50 years hence.
If Obama could achieve these accomplishments, he should receive an unprecedented second Nobel Peace Prize. And achieve the historic immortality accorded Washington and Lincoln.
I came up with a very similar hypotheses while contemplating the lint in my navel, once.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
You just wished for the death of another human being. Just so you know. I'll let you decide if that makes you a good person. I'll tell you from my point of view, it makes a very bad person. Evil in fact. But, hey, some truths are dependent on a certain point of view, right? To you, hoping that man you disagree with politically be killed is perfectly acceptable. To me it's not.
How do you know bad things would happen? Maybe they'd take Obama's warm embrace to heart, give him desert hospitality and a scimitar or some other valuable souvenir with which to return home.

After all, aren't they simply aggrieved by Israel's expansionism? Don't they just want negotiations and piece?

Old 03-26-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The silly season has descended on the right as they realize they are down to two sad sack GOP candidates.
Ted Cruz is no sad sack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies