Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 01:12 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,623,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Waking up at 1pm, smoking some pot and going to a bar and sitting by yourself.

Do you envy the homeless because they don't have bills?
+1

That might sound fun when you're 16 but we have s word for people who live like that in audulthood - losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 01:50 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,605,183 times
If you have kids, you should not ask the taxpayers to pay for all expenses related to your children. That's not just right.

You and your family should figure out how to raise your own children. If you can't afford them, the government should immediately put your kids up for adoption or foster home.

Furthermore, I think you should be liable for your kids until your death. If you children commit crimes or get on welfare, how are you not liable?

Old 03-27-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
+1

That might sound fun when you're 16 but we have s word for people who live like that in audulthood - losers.
How other people choose to live their lives is none of your business. If they pay taxes and don't use welfare, how are you playing holier than thou game when you raise your children by using taxpayers money?

Old 03-27-2016, 02:02 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,302,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
+1

That doesn't make him a loser at all. Calling people cows and other silly things? Sure. Having a responsibility-free life on your own dime? No.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:50 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,792,518 times
It is ok not to have kids, but your disrespect for mothers is a bit sick. I have a lot of respect for mothers, especially single mothers.

Having kids is normal and natural, after all we are still animals, so most people still have the wish to continue their 'line'. And even from a more human perspective, when you get to a certain age you realize that there are not many things in life that make sense, certainly not what younger people deem important, for instance career, money, partying, etc. Settling down and having a family is a pillar in the lives of all people that are part of the family. When I worked at a retirement home, I witnessed old people, mostly women, who didn't have "children" (anymore) and thus they were usually all alone, no visits...

Old 03-27-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is ok not to have kids, but your disrespect for mothers is a bit sick. I have a lot of respect for mothers, especially single mothers.

Having kids is normal and natural, after all we are still animals, so most people still have the wish to continue their 'line'. And even from a more human perspective, when you get to a certain age you realize that there are not many things in life that make sense, certainly not what younger people deem important, for instance career, money, partying, etc. Settling down and having a family is a pillar in the lives of all people that are part of the family. When I worked at a retirement home, I witnessed old people, mostly women, who didn't have "children" (anymore) and thus they were usually all alone, no visits...
The OP did not disrespect mothers. The OP disrespect mothers who use taxpayers' money to raise their own children.

Having children is an individual's choice but your personal choice shouldn't burden the taxpayers.

If you want to argue why having children is good, I can give you a thousand reasons why having children is most selfish act, bad for almost every other living things on earth - it is very selfish because it's an act to pass on your own genes.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,665,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The OP did not disrespect mothers. The OP disrespect mothers who use taxpayers' money to raise their own children.
Did you read the same post the rest of us did?

Quote:
I was recently talking about how parents get all kinds of perks (like paternity leave, tax write-offs, more time off work etc) and how those of us without kids don't get jack. Well, the lady I was talking to went on the usual bovine tirade about how she "needs" those services...btw, I am absolutely through showing any respect to "mothers" and will refer to those cows by their rightful names, "bovines", for the remainder of this thread. And yes, I did call the abusive, grotesque creature that brought me into this wretched state we call "life" by such names too. But I digress.

Paternity leave and time off from work do not come from taxpayer money, and saying she's done showing any respect to "mothers" and will refer to "those cows by their rightful names, 'bovines'" is CERTAINLY showing disrespect for mothers.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Did you read the same post the rest of us did?

Paternity leave and time off from work do not come from taxpayer money, and saying she's done showing any respect to "mothers" and will refer to "those cows by their rightful names, 'bovines'" is CERTAINLY showing disrespect for mothers.
LOL. Paternity or maternity leave in a private business may not come from taxpayers but it certainly comes from consumers! If it's government, it sure as hell comes from taxpayers.

Yes, disrespect for those mothers who forcing others to pay for their own children!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,665,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL. Paternity or maternity leave in a private business may not come from taxpayers but it certainly comes from consumers! If it's government, it sure as hell comes from taxpayers.

Yes, disrespect for those mothers who forcing others to pay for their own children!

That's quite a stretch, but says that in your mind, as in the OP's mind, ALL mothers are bovines. That's the wording the OP used and you're defending it.

If mom works for a private company she's taking advantage and consumers are paying.
If mom works for a government agency she's taking advantage and taxpayers are paying.
If mom doesn't work, I guess she's lazy?

OP does not specify that she's referring to working mothers. YOU are doing that for him/her.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's quite a stretch, but says that in your mind, as in the OP's mind, ALL mothers are bovines. That's the wording the OP used and you're defending it.

If mom works for a private company she's taking advantage and consumers are paying.
If mom works for a government agency she's taking advantage and taxpayers are paying.
If mom doesn't work, I guess she's lazy?

OP does not specify that she's referring to working mothers. YOU are doing that for him/her.
Are mothers not taking advantage of others consumers, employers and taxpayers? Come on, that's factual and truthful. It is what it is. No reason to deny that.

Please keep in mind having a child is her decision, not the taxpayers, employers or consumers. Why should any of those people pay for it?

It's fine if she doesn't work as long as she doesn't take welfare. How is she lazy? She could have arranged unpaid maternity leave with her employer or just quit, stay at home and find a new job later.

It can be worked out but instead, they force taxpayers or employers/consumers to pay for it. That's in no way reasonable or morally right!

Now you can throw at me by saying this is a democracy and we collectively voted for it. That's fine and dandy but it still is not right - making it legal doesn't necessarily make it right.

I got no respect for people knowingly doing the wrong and even trying to force me to admit it's the right thing. That moral compass is way FUBAR.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 03-27-2016 at 05:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies