Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 10:56 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,926 times

Advertisements

Around election time there's always a dramatic discussion on both sides which countries they would move to if the other side won.

For Democrats the usual suspects are Canada and the Western EU countries and Aus/NZ.

However it's never discussed in detail what countries Republicans might move to.

So Republicans, what foreign countries might potentially be a good fit that currently reflect policies close to the GOP platform?

Bill O'Reily mentioned Ireland but I don't know how that will work.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:07 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Russia, Turkey, Austria, Israel

Old 04-02-2016, 11:10 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Rupublicans tend to be core Americans who define what America is. No other country has core American values so there's nowhere else to go for that. If living in a place with traditional American values matters to you then there's no choice but to stay and fight for it. Eastern Europe and East Asia tend to be culturally conservative but there's so much else that's different it doesn't really make sense for Americans to move to those areas as a political or cultural refuge.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:20 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,708 times
Well, to be fair... around election time, it's both parties who threaten to move to Canada depending on who wins the white house. I have heard Republicans threaten to move to Israel, though. Yes, they were Jewish.
I tend to lean right on most issues but regardless of who is in office, I am happy to be here in the US. I've traveled enough around the world to know how good we have it here at home. People who threaten to move because of Democrats or Republicans should be more grateful of what we have here at home. The grass is NOT always greener.
But, to each his own, I guess.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:21 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Around election time there's always a dramatic discussion on both sides which countries they would move to if the other side won.

For Democrats the usual suspects are Canada and the Western EU countries and Aus/NZ.

However it's never discussed in detail what countries Republicans might move to.

So Republicans, what foreign countries might potentially be a good fit that currently reflect policies close to the GOP platform?

Bill O'Reily mentioned Ireland but I don't know how that will work.

Iraq, or Syria, would be a good start. After all, it was Republicans who "Liberated" this area, and Made the people "Free" from a Dictator, and planted Democracy there, which also helped Liberate Libya, and is improving Syria. Since they made this "Utopia" its only fitting the should go live there, and see how much better they made life for everyone.

the "BONUS" is that they have a whole new "Organization" they can introduce to the Bible, that are persecuting Christians. They can send forth "Missionaries" to the lost souls of ISIL. Just think about it, its perfect.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Iraq, or Syria, would be a good start. After all, it was Republicans who "Liberated" this area, and Made the people "Free" from a Dictator, and planted Democracy there, which also helped Liberate Libya, and is improving Syria. Since they made this "Utopia" its only fitting the should go live there, and see how much better they made life for everyone.

the "BONUS" is that they have a whole new "Organization" they can introduce to the Bible, that are persecuting Christians. They can send forth "Missionaries" to the lost souls of ISIL. Just think about it, its perfect.
Ha ha.. I can't believe I am saying this but.. I agree with you on this one. They did create this "Utopia". They should have listened to Ron Paul.. but then again, he's not really a Republican... so they didn't.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:25 PM

Australia might be a good fit for Republicans, too.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:58 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySofiaLila View Post
Australia might be a good fit for Republicans, too.
Australia? Nah. lol

(From 2008, the PM, is now an ex PM )

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 04-03-2016 at 12:10 AM..

Old 04-03-2016, 12:15 AM

548 posts, read 473,977 times
Saudi Arabia.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:18 AM

1,147 posts, read 718,734 times
As a non-American interested in American politics, I can confidently say that Republican attitudes are incompatible with just about anywhere outside the U.S. in the Western world. They would have a hard time assimilating in my country and many others.

Even our right-wing party would be too "liberal" for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies