Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 02:34 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times

Advertisements

One reason: being born and raised in Massachusetts. It's like being catholic in Ireland--when EVERYONE thinks the same way, most people accept the ideology as truth. The average resident of Mass has never spoken with a Libertarian / Republican citizen, and has only heard the "crazies" (who want women barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, who only give lip service to fiscal responsibility, and who think we must continue to try and police the world with even more borrowed money) that the liberal media allow to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 02:36 PM

720 posts, read 806,463 times
Default Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if you truly want hate, then you have no further to look than the democrat party.
It's sad the way Americans of every political stripe feel hated by one or more of the others. Each feels hated by the other.

Last edited by pgrdr; 04-22-2016 at 03:20 PM..

Old 04-22-2016, 02:42 PM

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Actually, I don't think they can. The desire and capacity to work hard at building something is also the result of the random factors you mention. Many people just don't have that. But those who do can often succeed despite obstacles.
Good point.

And those who "can often succeed despite obstacles" do so because they were born, through no effort of their own, with that personality, and they have resources and opportunities at the right times to overcome those obstacles.

Given that, it begs the question how practical is it to expect all people to be capable of the same things to the point we resent and hold it against those who, for the reason you stated, can't do what another person can? We Americans do that to each other, a lot. We think it is right to withhold basic things from those not as capable as the next person (not as lucky in that regard as well as others) because they haven't "earned" it compared to those who rise to the top. Not only do we withhold basic necessities for healthy survival in contemporary society, but those with less routinely pay more than the rest of us, too. Americans have accepted that arrangement as moral.

Last edited by pgrdr; 04-22-2016 at 02:57 PM..

Old 04-22-2016, 03:12 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am an older White male Vietnam Veteran Liberal and I do not feel hated by anyone I know or respect. Strangers and bigots do not concern me.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:16 PM

Default Government is merely a tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Government isn't society. We the people are.
Government is the instrument for implementing society's (we the people's) programs and policies.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:23 PM

Default Balanced, mature thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am an older White male Vietnam Veteran Liberal and I do not feel hated by anyone I know or respect. Strangers and bigots do not concern me.
Thanks for sharing your balanced and mature attitude. It's refreshing to read in contrast to so much anger and defensiveness people read and hear day in and day out.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:29 PM

Default Funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
why would any white male adult be a liberal? Self-deprecation.
lol!

Old 04-22-2016, 03:32 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Why anyone want to be a liberal?

Old 04-22-2016, 05:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Why would any African American, Hispanic American, Asian American, Jewish, Quaker, Unitarian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, Agnostic, Atheist, Deist, Pro-Environment individual, Pro-Choice individual, Labor Union member, Pro Historic Preservation, Feminist, LGBT American, Supporter of LGBT rights, Scientist, Civil Rights Advocate, Humanitarian, Humanist ...

be anything other than a liberal ???

Old 04-22-2016, 07:21 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Liberals hate white people unless their Muslam, Hispanic or Homosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies