Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 02:03 AM

991 posts, read 629,970 times

Advertisements

This was an eye opening interview by a person who I would never have guessed could change as much as he has!
(Yes, I knew about his Panther days .. I'm Old!)

Sadly, I clicked on the view comments and a great interview somehow turned into Tea Baggers. Bigoted, racist, almost HS grad hillbillies by the posters.
(Had to check to make sure that I wasn't on C-D)

Quote:
Clarence Mason Weaver was once so filled with hatred towards white people in America, that he broke up with a girlfriend who had a white dog, the now-conservative told The Daily Caller New Foundation in this exclusive video interview.

As for how to change other people’s minds, he warns, “some have a vested interest in staying stupid.” Those who won’t hear or listen “have the right to be stupid.”
Clarence Mason Weaver Explains His Views On Race Relations | The Daily Caller

Last edited by epliny; 04-04-2016 at 02:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 07:06 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,988,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
This was an eye opening interview by a person who I would never have guessed could change as much as he has!

Sadly, I clicked on the view comments and a great interview somehow turned into Tea Baggers. Bigoted, racist, almost HS grad hillbillies by the posters.

He obviously did the interview to sell to White conservatives.

Anyone who knows anything about bigotry and racism knows that this country was divided long before the president was on this earth.

Now Whites are seeing themselves shrinking in population and you have the rise of corporate media who is trying to play with their minds and tell them what they want to hear.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,955,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post

Very interesting......he should set up a date with Beyoncé.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:29 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,955,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

Anyone who knows anything about bigotry and racism knows that this country was divided long before the president was on this earth.

Now Whites are seeing themselves shrinking in population and you have the rise of corporate media who is trying to play with their minds and tell them what they want to hear.
Actually, I see whites and blacks getting along they have jobs right beside white people. Only seems in certain sections of our country in closed off communities is where the problems are...... BLM doesn't seem to want to go there though and address the real problems, nothing to do with "white people".

White population is shrinking, I don't see that happening in my area, population overload if you ask me, although many of these white babies do have a Mexican parent.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:51 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,988,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Actually, I see whites and blacks getting along they have jobs right beside white people. Only seems in certain sections of our country in closed off communities is where the problems are...... BLM doesn't seem to want to go there though and address the real problems, nothing to do with "white people".

White population is shrinking, I don't see that happening in my area, population overload if you ask me, although many of these white babies do have a Mexican parent.
So BLM needs to take their focus off of LE reform and do things your way?

I live and work around all different cultures and see people gettong along as well. I also know that people aren't always up front about their thoughts of different races.

It is nothing new that the minority population is gaining a larger percent of the population.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:39 AM

45,643 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

This is why we will get nowhere.

The division existed long ago. Do you want it to continue long into the future?

If you get your needs met, does it have to be at the expense of the white person? Or can both sides get their needs met?

At some point, you need to realize that it is fruitless for everyone if you choose to continue down the divided highway.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:55 PM

30,306 posts, read 23,784,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

You know, I see this as well. All this talk on media, on forums, etc, but when I go out, I see people getting along just fine. I see blacks, Hispanics, whites all mingling with each other, getting along, having no problems.

Some people will try to act like that means I'm too "blind" to see the problems, but the point is, the only "problems" I see are what the media turns in to huge problems based on some agenda that is being pushed.

On another note: Did the guy in the OP quote really stop dating someone because she had a white dog? REALLY?! That's so stupid it's hilarious.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
Yeah, we all loved each other in October of 2008. Sure did.

More race relations crap. Race relations is the most overrated topic in history.

We don't have to like each other, people. We're free to hate each other and STILL go on about our business. And we should be fine with it. I am.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:11 PM

24,438 posts, read 23,107,566 times
Good for him for speaking his mind and %$#@ those who have a problem with it. He'll get some flak from Uncle Tom's who won't like what he said but they're easily ignored.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Good for him for speaking his mind and %$#@ those who have a problem with it. He'll get some flak from Uncle Tom's who won't like what he said but they're easily ignored.
Lol...look at you trying to redefine what an Uncle Tom is.

But alas...no. A Tom is still what WE say it is. Nice try though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies