Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 02:17 PM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It appears that little Brucie cancelled the concert just a few days before it was to go on. Gotta wonder....how much will the lawsuits cost? The breach of contact with the concert promoter, the charges for the venue. Also have to wonder if the fans that bought tickets, spent money on reserving rooms or travel plans will start a class action lawsuit. Hope so.
Imagine, someone willing to lose money based on principles. Yes, this'll be costly. Bruce Springsteen can afford it. And drop the lawsuit drama, all entertainer contracts come with cancellation clauses, as do all tickets.

Anyway, one NC Republican has already pointed out that NC will get a consolation price: Justin Bieber is still coming.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/nc-...ber-is-coming/

It's the marketplace working, something I thought was considered a right-wing ideal? Of course, we are dealing with the party who thought "Boirn in the USA" was a patriotic song, so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 02:46 PM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Imagine, someone willing to lose money based on principles. Yes, this'll be costly. Bruce Springsteen can afford it. And drop the lawsuit drama, all entertainer contracts come with cancellation clauses, as do all tickets.

Anyway, one NC Republican has already pointed out that NC will get a consolation price: Justin Bieber is still coming.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/nc-...ber-is-coming/

It's the marketplace working, something I thought was considered a right-wing ideal? Of course, we are dealing with the party who thought "Boirn in the USA" was a patriotic song, so...
I'm sure the Spingsteen haters will welcome the Bieber.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm sure the Spingsteen haters will welcome the Bieber.
Come to think of it, they probably will. Serves them right.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:47 PM

59,185 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Bruce Springsteen Cancels North Carolina Concert Over Anti-Bias Law | NBC New York

"Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them," Springsteen said in the statement, adding, "It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards."

Not sure I agree with punishing the fans, but it sends a message to the idiots who signed this law.
I live in N.C and am glad he isn't coming.

I never liked him anyway!

Old 04-09-2016, 04:01 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,229,418 times
Springsteen cancels NC concert because they won’t let him go into a women’s restroom?!
He’s a real “freedom” fighter - NOT.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:32 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,958,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't have a list of states that have laws banning discrimination based on sexual orientation, but I'm pretty sure fewer than half have such laws. I wonder if Bruce checked the laws of Ohio, Arizona, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and other states and countries where he tours. Same for the NBA, PayPal, and all the other businesses giving NC heck for its law.
That is both irrelevant and besides the point.

My state - Pennsylvania - does not have a state wide non-discrimination law to protect LGBT people. Individual municipalities, cities and counties have local ordinances that protect gay people. Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, etc. ban anti-gay discrimination.

Florida likewise has no state-wide law but the most populous counties - Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Pinellas - have county laws covering the LGBT community.

North Carolina, up until now, was like Pennsylvania and Florida ... but HB2 overturned those places in the Tar Heel State where local laws protected LGBT people. That is the why civil libertarians are angry at the governor and state legislators who passed this unnecessary legislation.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:37 PM

Isn't it funny how bullies turn into the most amazingly whiny victims once someone starts pushing back?

Old 04-09-2016, 06:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,958,241 times
Great news for North Carolina ...

If Bruce Springsteen won't play there I understand another singer will ...

ANITA BRYANT !!!!

Old 04-09-2016, 06:08 PM

34,077 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Great news for North Carolina ...

If Bruce Springsteen won't play there I understand another singer will ...

ANITA BRYANT !!!!
No here is NC's alternative darling music andy griffin - Bing images

Old 04-09-2016, 06:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,745,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Bruce Springsteen Cancels North Carolina Concert Over Anti-Bias Law | NBC New York

"Some things are more important than a rock show and this fight against prejudice and bigotry — which is happening as I write — is one of them," Springsteen said in the statement, adding, "It is the strongest means I have for raising my voice in opposition to those who continue to push us backwards instead of forwards."

Not sure I agree with punishing the fans, but it sends a message to the idiots who signed this law.
Wow, that guy's still alive and well enough to actually do concerts??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies