Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 03:52 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,841,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
He's free to do this but it makes him look like a moron.
No, it just makes him part of the coalition of people and businesses that are ultimately going to send the North Carolina legislature & governor scurrying to undue the damage they've done.

But cheer up! You've always got the Motor City Pedophile in your conservative corner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 03:53 PM

46,338 posts, read 27,192,583 times
So? Why do people care about what an entertainer does? Why are they so special?

Old 04-08-2016, 03:57 PM

46,338 posts, read 27,192,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

But cheer up! You've always got the Motor City Pedophile in your conservative corner!
If you have sex with a 17 year old, you are a pedophile?

Old 04-08-2016, 03:57 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So? Why do people care about what an entertainer does? Why are they so special?
The venue that is going to lose a whole lot of money cares. The businesses around the venue who profit off of events are going to care. And you can bet that when businesses start to lose revenue the state is going to hear about it. And my guess is, they'll care, too.

I wonder how long it will take for the legislature to rescind this law?

Old 04-08-2016, 04:01 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,562,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

I wonder how long it will take for the legislature to rescind this law?
I'm betting it won't last very long. The idiot governor is up for re-election in November. Maybe he can get people on board with a bathroom law, but not with the much bigger aspect of blocking anti-discrimination rules covering the LGBT community.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:02 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,111 times
I don't have a list of states that have laws banning discrimination based on sexual orientation, but I'm pretty sure fewer than half have such laws. I wonder if Bruce checked the laws of Ohio, Arizona, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and other states and countries where he tours. Same for the NBA, PayPal, and all the other businesses giving NC heck for its law.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:11 PM

23,608 posts, read 17,290,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Good for him. I hope the state loses a lot of business over this hateful law.
did you read the law??????

says you go to the bathroom that matches the parts you are equipped with.....how may transgenders do you thinkl there are in NC? That's offensive enough to boycott NC???????????????????????????????

they are about .001 of the total lgbt pop of 3 %.

there are so many other miniscule segments of the population larger than the transgenders that never get legislation sponsored for their cause.

To do otherwse will invite crime and lawsuits....

Anyone boycotting NC needs counseling for being so sensitive it interferes with their functioning.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:11 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,242,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Why? Because he's willing to make a sacrifice for something he believes in? Or because he's not afraid of homophobic bigots hiding behind their alleged Christianity?
It makes him look like a moron because he is following PayPals lead on this... His products can be purchased with PayPal. But he seems unaware of the fact that PayPal does business with Saudi Arabia (and similar Middle eastern countries)... a place where you can be EXECUTED for being gay. Yet THAT is perfectly fine. No boycotts about that... It's hypocritical as hell.

And the law has ZERO to do with Christianity.

This isn't Rocket Surgery.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:13 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,242,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't have a list of states that have laws banning discrimination based on sexual orientation, but I'm pretty sure fewer than half have such laws. I wonder if Bruce checked the laws of Ohio, Arizona, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and other states and countries where he tours. Same for the NBA, PayPal, and all the other businesses giving NC heck for its law.

Thirty seven other states already have laws similar to the new NC law.

All this 'outrage' is a bunch of fabricated garbage.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,597,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Thirty seven other states already have laws similar to the new NC law.

All this 'outrage' is a bunch of fabricated garbage.
Just shows that discrimination is conservative wide. Only Georgia and Virginia have shown that they are not bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies