Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 09:58 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times

Advertisements

"..., and I will, but I didn’t want it to start affecting the festival in ways I couldn’t see."

More:

“And nobody seems to want to address that, or they say they’ve addressed it and it’s a closed issue, but it doesn’t seem to be because there are many people who will come out and say, ‘No, I saw my kid change overnight. I saw what happened, and I should have done something and I didn’t.’ So there’s more to this than meets the eye.

“There’s something there that people aren’t addressing,” De Niro says, “and for me to get so upset here today on the Today Show with you guys means there’s something there. That’s all I wanted was the movie to be seen, people can make their own judgement, but you must see it.”

Robert De Niro on ‘Vaxxed’:

Old 04-14-2016, 05:39 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Infowars.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
So DeNiro is an anti-vaxer, eh?

Old 04-14-2016, 10:46 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Infowars.
And Today.com , USAToday.com , IndieWire.com , FOXNews.com , MSNBC.com ,....

Old 04-14-2016, 12:03 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Crazy how a person cannot question certain things in depth/debate without being labeled something meant to be derogatory. It is a personal issue for him and I applaud him for bringing it up. Mercury in vaccines is a problem-period.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:42 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Why do you have to do that? Why can't you just have an open mind and listen to what the man has to say? This is a very disturbing trend in our society. People label other people and then stop listening to them if they do not say all the right things. I think it's the worst form of ignorance.

I have 5 kids, they all got their vaccinations on time. I guess we were lucky, everyone is doing fine.

But I think there is something to these opinions of people who think they give too many shots at a time to save visits. I think we should tread very careful with anything we put into our kids.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Infowars.
Are you saying he wasn't on the Today show this morning? Because he was, I saw it with my own eyes.

So what the hell does this mean? You didn't even read the story or anything, just rushed to leave a stupid one word post that means nothing.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Crazy how a person cannot question certain things in depth/debate without being labeled something meant to be derogatory. It is a personal issue for him and I applaud him for bringing it up. Mercury in vaccines is a problem-period.

Show me peer-reviewed studies that indicate vaccines are an issue and I'll start listening.

I'm not going to take anecdotal evidence as compelling, sorry. Not even from famous people. He's welcome to his opinion, as we all are. I will treat his opinion with all due gravity when it comes to this subject.

He's free to make a movie about whatever he'd like. You're free to go to see it, if you choose. Have fun.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Show me peer-reviewed studies that indicate vaccines are an issue and I'll start listening.

I'm not going to take anecdotal evidence as compelling, sorry. Not even from famous people. He's welcome to his opinion, as we all are. I will treat his opinion with all due gravity when it comes to this subject.

He's free to make a movie about whatever he'd like. You're free to go to see it, if you choose. Have fun.
By all accounts, Robert Deniro is a very intelligent person who I guarantee you did his homework before doing the film.

And you are someone who takes cheapshots on a message board and then hides behind this peer review baloney.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why do you have to do that? Why can't you just have an open mind and listen to what the man has to say? This is a very disturbing trend in our society. People label other people and then stop listening to them if they do not say all the right things. I think it's the worst form of ignorance.

I have 5 kids, they all got their vaccinations on time. I guess we were lucky, everyone is doing fine.

But I think there is something to these opinions of people who think they give too many shots at a time to save visits. I think we should tread very careful with anything we put into our kids.

No, you're not "lucky" that they're all doing fine. That's precisely my point.

I do have an open mind. That's why I rely on science to provide controlled testing with repeatable results to form my opinions from, not anecdotal evidence about what some small amount of people "feel" might have contributed to their children's health or lack thereof. For all I know these same folks believe in chemtrails and 9/11 conspiracies. For all I know their kids were eating lead paint chips off the windowsills in their bedrooms. Assertions made out of hand can be dismissed out of hand.

Having an "open mind" means going where the evidence (scientific, not anecdotal) leads. It doesn't mean believing any sort of correlative data to be the same as causative data. That's having an open mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies