Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 11:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What difference does it make.

Black people speak for themselves, and you still get mad. And when we sat around and took it in the shorts while trembling in fear, white folks still kicked us in the ass.

Let those groups speak for themselves. They don't need your voice....especially because it's disingenuous anyway. You're only invoking them because you don't want a black woman on the money.

Oh, i most certainly believe that, and it's not because you have a debit card either.
Where did you get the idea that I would get mad at black people? I am merely saying the selection should be merit based not gender or race based. That is wrong?

Was she not selected because of AA? Show me your proof.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Where did you get the idea that I would get mad at black people? I am merely saying the selection should be merit based not gender or race based. That is wrong?

Was she not selected because of AA? Show me your proof.
Why would i show you proof? Why would i even bother with something like that?

If she was selected because of AA (an absurdity considering that she's been dead forever), then so what? Why the butthurtery?

Just spend the damn twenty bucks and find something else to inflame your outrage.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Again, incoherent rant.

Answer the question or admit you are wrong.
I won't apologize for using words that have more than two syllables.

I'll be sure to send you a new box of $20s to wipe your tears, but your faux outrage will be gone by the time the new bills are released.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
We should just have a picture of a tree or something. Anything else and somebody says they are offended. Come to think of it, how about a big middle finger and make the PC crowd deal with that!
Sounds great, but it needs to be a manly tree, maybe a mighty oak or something, with a stout limb suitable for lynching, and the bill needs to be printed in red as a symbol of watering it with the blood of patriots. None of those namby-pamby Bradford pears or weeping willows or anything. Also, the background should be the Realtree camo pattern. The treasury could charge a fee for advertising.

On the other hand, a squash would work just as well, and would represent the educational level of millions who never studied their history. As long as it spends like it should, I'm good.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:49 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
It's time we honored people other than white males on our money. Why can't we get to a point where every American gets recognized in this small way? Why must it always be white presidents?

Yes, Tubman was chosen because she's a black female, but also because of her contribution. There's nothing wrong with that. Women and blacks have been oppressed for too long. Give us a little slack.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:54 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I have no opinion on the matter. I kind of feel that only presidents should be on money, but I suppose they have already put non-presidents on some coins. If we want to put a non-president on a bill, then she is a good choice.
Ben Franklin has been on the hundred dollar bill since 1929. We have a non-president precedent.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:00 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh yeah? That "Make America Great Again" slogan, with the merchandise and all that. Primarily what party of people say that?

"Hope and Change!"

Old 04-22-2016, 07:06 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
I got no issue with the choice if she was not chosen because of her gender and skin color.
A little girl chose her. Yep sounds about right in modern America.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...70d_story.html

I wonder how she feels about a 6'3" dude in a wig taking a dump in the next stall over.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:19 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
What about great ( not that too many were great, most were a holes) industrialists in US history. If US currency is all about finance, business and banking, which it most certainly is, and if that same finance, business and banking now runs the government, which it most certainly does, why not have the great business leaders have their faces on currency? That makes way more sense than random politically correct minor historical figures. JP Morgan, John Rockefeller, Dale Carnegie, Henry Ford, etc.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
A little girl chose her. Yep sounds about right in modern America.

I wonder how she feels about a 6'3" dude in a wig taking a dump in the next stall over.
Strange.

What does one have to do with the other??

Or did the word 'fair' that she used already cause you to recognize her as a dirty filthy librullll at 10 years old?

I suppose reading the word 'fair' made you burp out a little pent up hatred, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies