Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 07:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

As most facilities in this country have been separated by biological sex, what biological sex should a Transgender shower with?

Their biological sex peers or their identity gender peers?

Should the non-transgender citizens have their voices heard and considered in this decision or is it only the Transgender community's opinion that is of concern?

I feel the "bathroom" issue is not all that difficult to deal with, but the locker rooms and showers are much more difficult situations to navigate.......especially with so many buildings in existance built with shall I say "outdated" layouts. It would be quite an expense for tax payers and consumers to upgrade.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:44 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
So as the bathroom issue goes, the showers follow.

In Oregon if any normal boy claims he "identifies" as a female he is free to walk into a girl's shower in a public school. This is how far this issue has sunk.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
As most facilities in this country have been separated by biological sex, what biological sex should a Transgender shower with?

Their biological sex peers or their identity gender peers?

Should the non-transgender citizens have their voices heard and considered in this decision or is it only the Transgender community's opinion that is of concern?

I feel the "bathroom" issue is not all that difficult to deal with, but the locker rooms and showers are much more difficult situations to navigate.......especially with so many buildings in existance built with shall I say "outdated" layouts. It would be quite an expense for tax payers and consumers to upgrade.
I don't think it's an issue. Most public facilities have individual shower stalls now.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Brilliant!

Now......what DOCTOR do they go to?

Do the 'HE' drivers get 'SHE' driver rates and vice versa?

Gawd, the list is endless.

Do male only clubs have to admit . . . does the DAR have to take in . . .Jesus, my mind just got boggled!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Everywhere I have been to with locker rooms or shower rooms has stalls with doors or curtains. No nudity seen.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:15 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't think it's an issue. Most public facilities have individual shower stalls now.
That may be true, but a little girl after swim practice or the woman after exercise class doesn't get dressed in the shower stall.

If my kids were still small I wouldn't let them go in a public locker room or restroom without me these days.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
That may be true, but a little girl after swim practice or the woman after exercise class doesn't get dressed in the shower stall.

If my kids were still small I wouldn't let them go in a public locker room or restroom without me these days.
After swim classes my son doesn't shower and change, in fact none of the kids do. They tend to leave in their swim suits or toss their shorts over their swimsuits. And at every gym I have been to in the last ten years there are large shower stalls with plenty of room to put your clothes while showering and get dressed in. Women aren't running around naked in the locker room.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:31 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
So as the bathroom issue goes, the showers follow.

In Oregon if any normal boy claims he "identifies" as a female he is free to walk into a girl's shower in a public school. This is how far this issue has sunk.
We haven't had an issue with this, seems like boys aren't trying to use the womens showers to justify any issue or alarms.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:34 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
After swim classes my son doesn't shower and change, in fact none of the kids do. They tend to leave in their swim suits or toss their shorts over their swimsuits. And at every gym I have been to in the last ten years there are large shower stalls with plenty of room to put your clothes while showering and get dressed in. Women aren't running around naked in the locker room.
Your experience is not my experience.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:04 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Your experience is not my experience.
Or mine. Plenty of naked and partially naked women in the locker room at my gym.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies