Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 12:22 PM

50,827 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Our President set the tone almost from the beginning of his administration: Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' - CNN.com. In 2009, in the beginning of his administration, he stated: President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home. Then he went on to say that: "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played,".

Never before, that I can remember, have we had a President so intent on jumping to conclusions and admonishing his own authorities for simply doing their job. He did not stop with the one professor or will he stop until he is finally out of office. Time after time again he has stepped in without all of the facts and then threw fuel on the fire. Can anybody recall one time that he spoke of his support for our police, military or border guards? When was the last funeral he attended for a falling officer or the last widow he called expressing his condolences?

My feeling is that this smoke and mirrors was to turn the attention away from failed economic policies that actually hurt the very minorities that he claims to care about. Because he works for the establishment; he only cares about cheap labor and not the people that he is supposed to represent.
You -- sitting anonymously behind your keyboard -- think you have more rights than the President to publicly state an opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 12:29 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You -- sitting anonymously behind your keyboard -- think you have more rights than the President to publicly state an opinion.
Obama is a foolish community disorganizer who doesn't think before he speaks

Old 04-24-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
You didn't comprehend my post did you?

Doing proactive policing in certain neighborhoods has too much risk. I have personally heard stories of Chicago officers getting suspended for doing their jobs in these neighborhoods because some mother of a thug will complain about "too much force" but her thug son has previous arrests, is in a gang, and still resisted the police and was selling drugs.

Again, these officers are not going to risk getting suspended, their job and pension to police a neighborhood where no one cares and there is no support. They will clean up the blood after someone gets murdered.

The ACLU thinks that the police are racist and now police have to do extra pointless paperwork and the police are saying "**** you". Its not about a "slowdown" it's about showing that certain aggressive proactive policing works(with support from a police administration) and we are NOT going to be slowed down with more bull**** paperwork.

Shootings and murders are way up and arrests and gun arrests are way down. Stifle the police and crime skyrockets
When you decided to become a policeman in -- as I recall you said -- a good-sized city, did you not know there was going to be a fair amount of risk involved? Maybe you need to leave that good-sized city you work in and go down to Mayberry where the only risk is having Otis vomit on you when he's drunk.

Being a policeman is a risky job. I can't believe how naive you are -- or disingenuous -- trying to link risk to paperwork.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Obama is a foolish community disorganizer who doesn't think before he speaks
I'm quite sure he knew exactly what he was saying, and it's about time someone made some other people feel very uncomfortable.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:42 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:

No; but I think that I have the same right as he does! Do you remember; freedom of speech? You look at the racial divides today compared to post-Obama. Before Obama we were becoming a rainbow coalition; a team if you want to call it that. I know that we still needed to work on our problems and we did have many problems. But all of our efforts were to unite; instead of divided.

Our police officers did not make the laws. But we entrust them to follow the letter of the law. If you don't like the laws; then work to change them.

I respect the job our police do. I follow their orders whenever I have been pulled over. I am polite and they usually respond appropriately. Of course everybody has bad days - we are human. I had a brother-in-law that challenged everything that the police ever asked him to do. He would be pulled over for a broken taillight and end up with two or three different tickets. You make their job hard and they are not going to take it easy on you - just human nature.

Now we are getting record numbers of Blacks killing Blacks in some of the communities that BLM was most active. Do you really think that more dead, with closer police scrutiny, is better than less dead? I guess it all depend on how much you value any life.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No; but I think that I have the same right as he does! Do you remember; freedom of speech? You look at the racial divides today compared to post-Obama. Before Obama we were becoming a rainbow coalition; a team if you want to call it that. I know that we still needed to work on our problems and we did have many problems. But all of our efforts were to unite; instead of divided.

Our police officers did not make the laws. But we entrust them to follow the letter of the law. If you don't like the laws; then work to change them.

I respect the job our police do. I follow their orders whenever I have been pulled over. I am polite and they usually respond appropriately. Of course everybody has bad days - we are human. I had a brother-in-law that challenged everything that the police ever asked him to do. He would be pulled over for a broken taillight and end up with two or three different tickets. You make their job hard and they are not going to take it easy on you - just human nature.

Now we are getting record numbers of Blacks killing Blacks in some of the communities that BLM was most active. Do you really think that more dead, with closer police scrutiny, is better than less dead? I guess it all depend on how much you value any life.
Paragraph 1 -- no, you don't think he has the right to state his opinion. You attacked him stating his opinion. Period. No, we weren't becoming a rainbow coalition. A lot of White people thought that. They were wrong and naive.

Paragraph 2 -- I want the police to follow ALL of the laws, too.

Paragraph 3 -- I respect the job that some of our police officers do. Glad you can admit you're a lawbreaker. Are you a thug?

Paragraph 3 -- What about white on white crime? How come you love so much to point out black on black crime?

Old 04-24-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
When you decided to become a policeman in -- as I recall you said -- a good-sized city, did you not know there was going to be a fair amount of risk involved? Maybe you need to leave that good-sized city you work in and go down to Mayberry where the only risk is having Otis vomit on you when he's drunk.

Being a policeman is a risky job. I can't believe how naive you are -- or disingenuous -- trying to link risk to paperwork.
Lol. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I'm quite sure he knew exactly what he was saying, and it's about time someone made some other people feel very uncomfortable.
You're a liberal. You and I will NEVER agree on most things

Old 04-24-2016, 06:03 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Tell me what line of work you're in
I'm unemployed and working on my manuscript at a local Starbucks. Why?

Old 04-24-2016, 06:04 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Paragraph 1 -- no, you don't think he has the right to state his opinion. You attacked him stating his opinion. Period. No, we weren't becoming a rainbow coalition. A lot of White people thought that. They were wrong and naive.

Paragraph 2 -- I want the police to follow ALL of the laws, too.

Paragraph 3 -- I respect the job that some of our police officers do. Glad you can admit you're a lawbreaker. Are you a thug?

Paragraph 3 -- What about white on white crime? How come you love so much to point out black on black crime?

Perhaps you should take the advice of your leader: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ep-on-yelling/!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies