Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:21 AM

643 posts, read 472,770 times

Advertisements

Prince was a Jehovah's Witness. Being one for over 35 years and leaving the cult I can tell the ignorant that JWs do not tolerate gay or the gay life style in any way. The view of JWs on LGBT or any combination of such groups would be that if you were a JW and came out as any of the LGBT you would be disfellowshipped. That means that you would not be allowed to hold any position in the religion, and no one who was not them-self disfellowshipped would not be allowed to talk to you. If they did they would be disfellowshipped. If you as a JW ever wanted to return to a member in good standing not disfellowshipped then you would have to for at least one year come late to most all meetings 5 a week sit in the back of the hall so as not to make members uncomfortable with your being there as they can not talk to you in so much as saying hello, and then leave early at the end of the meeting so no one would have to deal with you standing there. You would also have to meet with the elders who in an official capacity can talk with you about your progress during your punishment. You would also be directed to pray and work on suppressing any LGBT tendencies. You would most likely never be allowed to work or be with alone any same sex individuals after you are reinstated. So if Prince was gay he was hiding it and living a lie. JWs do not put up with gays lesbians or trannys. There is no gray area, it is something that is looked on as disgusting and a serious sin against god [Jehovah]. If you think Prince was gay then I know he was hiding it well or he would not be put up with being a JW. I a not sticking up for Prince or the JWs at all. I don''t know if he was gay or had gay tendency, but I do now that him being a JW what they would do if he said he was gay.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 AM

20,104 posts, read 20,910,392 times
Who said Prince was gay? He's been notoriously known for getting some high quality female pieces over the years. He may be a fruit but he was not gay, at least not openly.
He was definitely a ladies man in public and was married to a woman, sooo I'm going with no-homo. And he was one of those Hovie witness people and they are like anti-gay.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM

1,329 posts, read 833,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Who said Prince was gay? He's been notoriously known for getting some high quality female pieces over the years. He may be a fruit but he was not gay, at least not openly.
He was definitely a ladies man in public and was married to a woman, sooo I'm going with no-homo. And he was one of those Hovie witness people and they are like anti-gay.

Plenty of other gay men have dated or married women to hide from their sexual orientation... in the gay community it used to be called a "beard".

It wouldn't surprise me if Prince were not heterosexual. Ditto for Michael Jackson, another Jehovah's Wittness. Though I believe he may have had some kind of paraphilia... the issues are the same. JW's are pretty rigid, intolerant, and anti-science/anti-reason.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,590,635 times
Who's Prince? The Prince of Saudi Arabia or England?

Old 05-05-2016, 10:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Nobody cares

Old 05-05-2016, 03:28 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,787,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
He was married 2 times, plus he always had some ingénue on his arm everywhere he went.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:30 PM

19,858 posts, read 12,134,069 times
Let the man R.I.P.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:42 PM

902 posts, read 1,107,448 times
With 1984’s “I Would Die 4 U,” Prince croons, “I'm not a woman, I'm not a man/ I am something that you’ll never understand.”

i suspect even he didn't know which bathroom he should use

http://www.out.com/music/2016/4/22/*****-legacy-prince

the Gay's are claiming him as one of their own

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-06-2016 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 05-05-2016, 04:04 PM

643 posts, read 472,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
He was married 2 times, plus he always had some ingénue on his arm everywhere he went.
So were Elton John,Cole Porter,Little Richard,Richard Cromwell,Anthony Perkins,Oscar Wild,Rock Hudson to name but a few. If you think being married to the opposite sex make you straight you have not an idea of what your talking about.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:07 PM

35,749 posts, read 21,110,055 times
he had a gig- and that's what worked for him- just like KISS and the big boots-- he was a good guy and gave to many many charities - more than anyone in here- to be judging - leave him in peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies