Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 01:20 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,238,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
How ironic, the progressive and tolerant liberal wishing death on those who don't share his point of view.
Ok those probably weren't good words to use. I love the elderly! However some of them still have 1950s values/education that frankly is bigoted towards a large minority population. Not all of them though only some of them.

I understand how some traditionalists would be against gay marriage. However I don't understand the thought process of people who are for discrimination.

And I still like North Carolina (Go Tar Heels), I just dislike their government.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,497,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Let's all flip out about 0.3% of the entire population of the country and boycott entire states when a minority of this tiniest of minorities in one state. The number of transgender North Carolina citizens and transgender people who visit North Carolina is an even smaller percentage than that 0.3% nationally. They can still use the bathroom anyway. This is such a distraction. If only people cared at all about real topics- social security robbing the young, drone wars in Yemen, etc.....

No, I don't care at all. States rights are great because if you don't like one, you don't have to live there.

Let's stop acting like the law is "Everyone who is transgendered must register with the state government, receive a marker to be worn at all times, and then select a date for execution."
This hits the nail on the head.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:26 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,399,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
And I still like North Carolina (Go Tar Heels), I just dislike their government.
A lot of North Carolinians-- left, right and center-- are frustrated with the current legislature, especially.

Not just because of this bill, though as others have indicated, there's also a lot more going on with HB2 than the words "bathroom bill" can adequately sum up.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:27 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,951,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Absolutely. It's a bigoted law and only those who have never been a discriminated minorty would understand how evil it is. I thought North Carolina was the "progressive south"? Sure doesn't seem like it!!
This is about the dysfunctional government of North Carolina, NOT the mostly wonderful people that inhabit the State.

Many people share the same views of Florida, due to your embarrassment of a Governor and Attorney General after their beyond sleazy tactics last Summer in reaction to the SCOTUS marriage decision.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:40 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,975,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
This hits the nail on the head.
Except it completely misses the point

Old 05-06-2016, 01:43 PM

11,076 posts, read 12,477,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I'm concerned about actual problems in the country. Like the fact that we might already be in a recession and the dollar is looking like it will collapse in the next 10 years sometime.

But hey, you keep worrying about 0.3% of the population, I'll keep worrying about 100% of the population.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:47 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,268,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Just curious.
I had and continue to have a positive view of North Carolina.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:50 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,122,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
This is about the dysfunctional government of North Carolina, NOT the mostly wonderful people that inhabit the State.

Many people share the same views of Florida, due to your embarrassment of a Governor and Attorney General after their beyond sleazy tactics last Summer in reaction to the SCOTUS marriage decision.
Florida doesn't have any laws like this. Some Florida cities have had protections for the lgbt since the 70s. Here we are 40 years later and states like NC are still discriminating against the lgbt. And the North Carolina people voted this government in. Shame on them.

Old 05-06-2016, 01:54 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,975,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'm concerned about actual problems in the country. Like the fact that we might already be in a recession and the dollar is looking like it will collapse in the next 10 years sometime.

But hey, you keep worrying about 0.3% of the population, I'll keep worrying about 100% of the population.
Quote:
The bathroom thing is the least offensive part of that so-called bathroom law. The worst part is that it prohibits cities from passing any laws that would protect the LGBTQ community. That's what's most important, and that's why people are outraged.

To be clear, this law was never about transsexuals and bathrooms. It was a transparent attempt to restrict gay rights, and deprive the LGBTQ community of any chance for equal protection under the law. They added the bathroom thing to get yokels arguing about grown man sharing bathrooms with their eight-year-old daughters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Not only that, but HB2 also did away with any legal remedies for discrimination cases at the state level.
Now do you understand why this is an actual problem. Or do you want to continue pretending it's about .03% of the population using public bathrooms?

Old 05-06-2016, 01:55 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,497,165 times
Quote:
I think you missed the point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies