Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 07:07 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Maybe a total ban is off the table. How about joining gun clubs where you can own guns but they are stored securely at the gun club. You'd pay a monthly or annual fee to be a member and could go to this club and shoot your gun at targets of whatever suits your fancy? Takes guns off the street and that is a good thing. I understand that most here believe that countering violence with violence is good but that just perpetuates our violent society!

BTW, Clinton is probably a little more to the right of Obama. Neither one of them is a far left communist like so many here like to proclaim. It makes me giggle and chuckle when I read this hogwash.
88 THOUSAND people die every year in the US from alcohol related deaths. where is the call for ban on alcohol, which is far, FAR more dangerous than any gun.

what good is a gun if it's locked up in a club and you're being robbed at gunpoint in your home? SMH

get real
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 07:19 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
88 THOUSAND people die every year in the US from alcohol related deaths. where is the call for ban on alcohol, which is far, FAR more dangerous than any gun.

what good is a gun if it's locked up in a club and you're being robbed at gunpoint in your home? SMH

get real
That is a tragedy if true (alcohol deaths). But, wine is not made as a tool to kill. Alcohol is also highly regulated. People don't give their toddlers pints of Jim Bean like they do guns. Anyway, guns are tools made to kill. That's all I know and that is all I want to know. Yes, I think they should all be banned but I understand that our violent society will not go there - at this time. Maybe if we ever advance then this issue can be taken care of but until then - restrictions, policy and anything to keep guns out of the hands of all Americans. Hate guns and hope to never see one again in my life. Smack your head ti'l you get a concussion. Or, put your loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger since guns don't kill. See what happens!!!

Old 05-07-2016, 07:21 PM

991 posts, read 629,240 times
Quote:
Maybe a total ban is off the table. How about joining gun clubs where you can own guns but they are stored securely at the gun club. You'd pay a monthly or annual fee to be a member and could go to this club and shoot your gun at targets of whatever suits your fancy? Takes guns off the street and that is a good thing. I understand that most here believe that countering violence with violence is good but that just perpetuates our violent society!

BTW, Clinton is probably a little more to the right of Obama. Neither one of them is a far left communist like so many here like to proclaim. It makes me giggle and chuckle when I read this hogwash.
Yeah, I'm sure that the gang bangers, drug runners and the all around criminal will rush out to join the club!
(Good Lord .. What are you people smoking?)

Old 05-07-2016, 07:24 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
That is a tragedy if true (alcohol deaths). But, wine is not made as a tool to kill. Alcohol is also highly regulated. People don't give their toddlers pints of Jim Bean like they do guns. Anyway, guns are tools made to kill. That's all I know and that is all I want to know. Yes, I think they should all be banned but I understand that our violent society will not go there - at this time. Maybe if we ever advance then this issue can be taken care of but until then - restrictions, policy and anything to keep guns out of the hands of all Americans. Hate guns and hope to never see one again in my life. Smack your head ti'l you get a concussion. Or, put your loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger since guns don't kill. See what happens!!!
They are made to hunt, for protection and target shoot. It is not a gun's fault that people use them improperly. I have not shot at anyone since I protected you when I was on active duty.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:24 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Darn those rights! But agree we screwed no matter who wins.
The 2nd will soon no longer be an individual right. It will join the 9th and 10th in the trash bin.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:26 PM

991 posts, read 629,240 times
Quote:
... restrictions, policy and anything to keep guns out of the hands of all Americans.
Would these "Americans" include the Police, FBI, Secret Service, ATF, IRS ... etc. etc. or are they 'Privileged Americans'?

Who would determine who was Privileged .. the government?

Old 05-07-2016, 07:34 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Would these "Americans" include the Police, FBI, Secret Service, ATF, IRS ... etc. etc. or are they 'Privileged Americans'?

Who would determine who was Privileged .. the government?
Good question. Not sure about your inquiry. We ultimately need to eradicate all violence but there would be a transition while the guns where confiscated. Ultimately, nobody would need a gun.

For the hunter, use a bow and arrow.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:35 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Good question. Not sure about your inquiry. We ultimately need to eradicate all violence but there would be a transition while the guns where confiscated. Ultimately, nobody would need a gun.

You either are not serious, or not very bright.
The UK did away with guns and stabbings are now 59,000 a year.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
88,000 die every year in the US b/c of alcohol. check the CDC website for yourself. if that doesn't scare you, but guns do, you're not getting it. But then again, you think there should be a ban on all guns, so there's really no use in debating with someone like you.

gotta love the low information crowd

Old 05-07-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:

ROFL

you have a choice. stay in fantasy land, or get informed and join the rest of us in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies