Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 11:14 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hey, if people think telling the truth is a mental disorder they oughta be getting their own mental health in order, eh?

Because the truth is the crowd in Raleigh IS of the 'less government spending' party and they've already wasted a reported $42K passing that bill in a special session and continue to waste other peoples' $$$ as they're so fond of doing.
The Feds, playing the role of the loan shark, are attempting to subvert the will of the people through the election process by threatening to remove money based on this.

If they are not taken to court, what is their other course of action? The Feds are starting the trouble here... regardless of which view you believe is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 11:17 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm glad you agree, we need to protect people from these mentally disturbed people.
Yep, we're gonns try and vote them out of office in November.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Feds, playing the role of the loan shark, are attempting to subvert the will of the people through the election process by threatening to remove money based on this.

If they are not taken to court, what is their other course of action? The Feds are starting the trouble here... regardless of which view you believe is correct.
The trouble here started in Raleigh, not DC.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:21 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
What are most people doing in the bathroom? I feel like I have been missing the part where everyone goes into a public restroom, gets naked, and checks out one another. I also have trouble grasping the logic of how all these assaults will occur. I have been mistakenly under the impression that a person inclined to attack or prey on another person would likely not care what sex is written on the door of the room they entered. I need someone to explain this to me.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
What are most people doing in the bathroom? I feel like I have been missing the part where everyone goes into a public restroom, gets naked, and checks out one another. I also have trouble grasping the logic of how all these assaults will occur. I have been mistakenly under the impression that a person inclined to attack or prey on another person would likely not care what sex is written on the door of the room they entered. I need someone to explain this to me.

IF
the bill was only a 'bathroom law' I doubt we'd be seeing all this hoopla, I doubt many would complain so much about using the room your genitals call for, as it is the bill goes a good distance beyond that.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:38 AM

991 posts, read 629,093 times
The mayor of Charlotte, Jennifer Roberts, is a flaming liberal.

She teamed up with a guy who was pushing this LGBT rights cr@p!

It turns out he is a registered sex offender!
A former minister who was sexually assaulting the young men in his church.

Now he wants men going into women's bathrooms and showers.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:48 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
The result will be the same as every other social battle that these states fight as well. Money spent so a court can overrule their legislation.
Bad idea for any federal court to rule against NC on this. From a recent (2015) federal court ruling...
Quote:
"This case arises from Plaintiff Seamus Johnston’s allegations that Defendants discriminated against him based on his sex and his transgender status(1) by prohibiting him from using sex-segregated locker rooms and restrooms that were designated for men. Although the parties have submitted lengthy briefs and have advanced numerous arguments, this case presents one central question: whether a university, receiving federal funds, engages in unlawful discrimination, in violation of the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes, when it prohibits a transgender male student from using sex-segregated restrooms and locker rooms designated for men on a university campus. The simple answer is no."

(1) Plaintiff was born a female but identifies as a transgender male."
http://www.utimes.pitt.edu/documents...tonOpinion.pdf

Neither NC law, federal law, nor the US Constitution grant rights Obama's DOJ is trying to assert. End of discussion.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Not surprised, at all. I know many families in IL School District 211 and the federal government trying to force MINOR girl students to unwillingly submit to indecent exposure by transgenders with penises in the girls' multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower/rooms has NOT gone over well with students and their parents.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Because it's a fringe issue that no one should be concerned about?

I have never even HEARD of this "issue" until it was made a political one by NC and Fox News. Shows how righties are a bunch of sheep following the herd.
Sorry, no. It's an issue in blue state IL, as well, as Dockside already noted. And has been an issue in blue state PA, as I noted, complete with a federal court ruling against the transgender student.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:02 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm glad you agree, we need to protect people from these mentally disturbed people.
the only disturbed people are religious zealots who think criminals follow laws.

for some reason, they use this as a claim when talking about gun laws, but it's completely lost on them when it suits their agenda.

that's why those of us not tied to either political party just sit back, point and laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies