Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 06:37 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times

Advertisements

No.
I am older, so perhaps those who have been raised with many different cultures from childhood will be comfortable with the trend you mention.
I was raised a WASP in New England, and I would just as soon never have to adapt to any other culture. This is not to say that I don't enjoy my interaction with people from other cultures and countries. I do, but I mean that I want them to adapt to being here, not vice versa.
So far, this has never been a problem in my life, and I don't expect it ever will, since, as I said, I am old. I have always lived with like-minded people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 06:44 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
... and Boca Raton (where Jews were once not allowed to live, and now there is even a Muslim mosque in that city) ...

... and Beverly Hills (you think everyone who lives there is White, Protestant and native born???)

... and the Hamptons on Long Island, Palm Beach, and North Druid Hills, and Santa Barbara, and Seattle, and Albuquerque, and Dallas, and Bryn Mawr, and Scarsdale, and Orlando, and Coral Gables, and Bel Air, and Shaker Heights, and Provincetown, and Rehoboth Beach, and Washington, DC, New Rochelle, etc.
DC? It was one of the worst crime-ridden hellholes in the country for decades. Scarsdale, NY? It's 85% white, homie.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:46 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's not "diversity" in itself that bothers me, it's the agenda of those who promote diversity for diversity's sake and don't emphasize the importance of assimilation into American culture.

Basically, what's the point of this forced multiculturalism?
And why do these people think that trying to preserve American culture is somehow racist?
Could not have said it better! Cheers

Old 05-14-2016, 06:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
In a few decades, whites will no longer be the majority. America will be an even more diverse nation. With Democratic policies, we will have many immigrants from 3rd world countries all living right next door to us! Are you excited for this?

I don't believe that whites are the majority nor do I believe that whites have been for a long time now.
Go to a Wal-Mart here in the South when the food stamps hit & tell me whites are the majority.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:52 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How can we possibly become more diverse than we already are? Or does diversity mean fewer white people and some are licking their chops over that?
That's exactly what it means. And most of those licking their chops seem to be of the, shall we say....Semitic variety.

Old 05-14-2016, 06:57 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Third World Country or Bust

Old 05-14-2016, 07:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Um, who would that be? I didn't see any comments in here about being scared to death of anyone who isn't identical to themselves. That's physically impossible anyway.
I'm just reading between the lines.

Being obtuse about the fear is a common defense mechanism...FYI.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:27 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm just reading between the lines.

Being obtuse about the fear is a common defense mechanism...FYI.

I can read between the lines also. I didn't read anything that you are claiming.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:29 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I don't believe that whites are the majority nor do I believe that whites have been for a long time now.
Go to a Wal-Mart here in the South when the food stamps hit & tell me whites are the majority.

I guess the census is lying then? Of course there are certain areas where they aren't the majority but overall they are.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:35 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
How can we possibly become more diverse than we already are? Or does diversity mean fewer white people and some are licking their chops over that?

We will be more diverse, as whites are about a decade older on average than Latin American immigrants, which means the latter is more often in child-bearing years. That translates to a disproportionate percentage of new Americans from Latin American parents, which reduces white % of total population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies