Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:10 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFY0dqC0Ks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52M2_c42eQY

WOW. Just WOW. I am not a White person but I think this is just absolutely appalling and doesn't help with race relations at all. I guarantee if they got people to speak out against Black, Latino or any group of people in the manner they did with White people, Buzzfeed would be under siege. This whole double standard with liberals is really getting out of hand. Liberals are just as racist at the right wing conservatives they love to point at.

As a Latino, I think certain groups of us "people of color" (I hate that term) need to just drop all the non-sense of blaming White people for things that happened in the pass and then claim to still be oppressed. There's so many successful, powerful non-White people in this country than ever before but yet (mostly Blacks and Latinos) sit around claiming the White man is holding them back. Yes, I have definitely experienced racism, experienced some injustices, experienced people who have discriminated against me. However, I'm not going to be a whiny, pencil necked geek wimp and want White people or people in general to do me any favors and "owe me" something. Just no. I have the power in this country to change any wrong doing that has been done or will be done to me and I have the opportunity to be in power. It's not to say that there isn't any injustices or discrimination but this whole White guilt, White blaming is hitting a whole time high. Maybe even Blacks in the civil rights movement didn't blame Whites so much, even though they had a much more legit reason for doing so at the time.

If you really want to be powerful, stop always blaming people and asking them to "owe" you anything. You make your own path of success then there's nothing no one can say to you. We still have that power in this country for now. Because the powers of the regressive left is slowly creeping on us and sooner or later they'll make more racial divide in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 11:13 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
absolutely disgusting. I forsee more of this to come with the election nearing. Divisiion politics of the left.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:24 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Buzzfeed caters to the lowest common denominator of today's social media, the emotionally driven, irrational millennial. It's not surprising to see them pushing this kind of BS, they do it all the time. The people who agree while they watch this in their stand up cubical while drinking their 7Bucks mocha are some of the weakest, most ignorant people this country/world has ever produced.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:38 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
When people think of colors, their first thought is skin color? How weird.

When I thought of white, a wedding gown popped into my mind. When I thought of black, I saw an outdoor night scene.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:19 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
When people think of colors, their first thought is skin color? How weird.

When I thought of white, a wedding gown popped into my mind. When I thought of black, I saw an outdoor night scene.
This is Buzzfeed, their audience has been taught to be victims since they were born. We are watching the participation trophy generation realize just how ignorant they really are.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
What are they going to do when the federal government goes bankrupt and they will have to show some marketable skills or starve? Or live off the charity of others? Good luck with that.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:33 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFY0dqC0Ks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52M2_c42eQY

WOW. Just WOW. I am not a White person but I think this is just absolutely appalling and doesn't help with race relations at all. I guarantee if they got people to speak out against Black, Latino or any group of people in the manner they did with White people, Buzzfeed would be under siege. This whole double standard with liberals is really getting out of hand. Liberals are just as racist at the right wing conservatives they love to point at.

As a Latino, I think certain groups of us "people of color" (I hate that term) need to just drop all the non-sense of blaming White people for things that happened in the pass and then claim to still be oppressed. There's so many successful, powerful non-White people in this country than ever before but yet (mostly Blacks and Latinos) sit around claiming the White man is holding them back. Yes, I have definitely experienced racism, experienced some injustices, experienced people who have discriminated against me. However, I'm not going to be a whiny, pencil necked geek wimp and want White people or people in general to do me any favors and "owe me" something. Just no. I have the power in this country to change any wrong doing that has been done or will be done to me and I have the opportunity to be in power. It's not to say that there isn't any injustices or discrimination but this whole White guilt, White blaming is hitting a whole time high. Maybe even Blacks in the civil rights movement didn't blame Whites so much, even though they had a much more legit reason for doing so at the time.

If you really want to be powerful, stop always blaming people and asking them to "owe" you anything. You make your own path of success then there's nothing no one can say to you. We still have that power in this country for now. Because the powers of the regressive left is slowly creeping on us and sooner or later they'll make more racial divide in this country.
Here is the thing. People inherit the good and bad from the past, as a packaged deal. Everything is the way that it is today, as a result of events in the past. The past evolved into the present. You cannot open up a 400 page novel, turn to the last 50, or worse yet, the last 10 pages, and intelligently explain what happened and why concerning those last pages of the book. Like one of the people in the video mention, whites just want to talk about the present......as if it exists in a vacuum unrelated to the present, paraphrasing.

The truth is that there is no way to tell this story of “the new world”, without whites looking bad and whites being blamed for a lot of stuff, because….guess what……they are guilty of a lot of stuff and those things they have done have reverberations into the present even if such acts are well in the past. Today whites do not have to commit such acts…..they, as a collective, just live off the inheritance of those acts while blacks and Native Americans live with the socioeconomic, cultural and psychological deficit.

The bottom like is actions have consequences. If you have been a liar for a long time, then start telling the truth and hate the fact that people see you as a liar.......you brought it on your self. Actions have consequences that reverberate into the future......

Old 05-16-2016, 12:35 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Here is the thing. People inherit the good and bad from the past, as a packaged deal. Everything is the way that it is today, as a result of events in the past. The past evolved into the present. You cannot open up a 400 page novel, turn to the last 50, or worse yet, the last 10 pages, and intelligently explain what happened in why concerning those last pages of the book.

The truth is that there is no way to tell this story of “the new world”, without whites looking bad and whites being blamed for a lot of stuff, because….guess what……they are guilty of a lot of stuff and those things they have done have reverberations into the present even if such acts are well in the past. Today whites do not have to commit such acts…..they, as a collective, just live off the inheritance of those acts while blacks and Native Americans live with the socioeconomic, cultural and psychological deficit.

The bottom like is actions have consequences. If you have been a liar for a long time, then start telling the truth and hate the fact that people see you as a liar.......you brought it on your self. Actions have consequences that reverberate into the future......
NO. It's not "Whites". It's humanity. When are people going to understand this? It's never been about race.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:37 PM

643 posts, read 471,823 times
You want to see race baiting go watch water head al sharpton or Jessie Jackson. those are some race baiters.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:47 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
NO. It's not "Whites". It's humanity. When are people going to understand this? It's never been about race.
If "humanity" does this equally....then it would be a wash with no "race" of people having a socioeconomic advantage or disadvantage. Besides, as far as I understand it was the Europeans who came up with the superiority and inferiority stuff based upon race.

Now....I agree that it is a trait of HUMANS....not a trait of a race, but Europeans created a racial construct, imposed it upon and to others, and lived by/imposed it for centuries .....creating the outcome disparities that we see now.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-16-2016 at 01:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies