Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
JFK - May 1961: I will put a man on the moon.

Obama - May 2016: I will put a man in the bathroom.
LOL this was good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 01:41 PM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Can anyone find a link to the original blog mom that supposedly posted this? I can't, which is one reason why I still think it's fake.
Here it is

This Mom Shreds Every Bathroom Banner With A Startling Rant Everyone Must Read

Not sure if this is the original blog though. I also think it might be fake.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Last year the mom never gave this issue another thought. Now that it's become the cause celeb for the perpetually aggrieved crowd she's down with the cause. Why are people so willing to throw away everything they've been taught in a desperate attempt to see hip?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:55 PM

19,854 posts, read 12,127,453 times
OP's source is sketchy at best. Americannews has been called disreputable and unreliable by snopes.

Why would anyone take this claptrap seriously.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:19 PM

295 posts, read 181,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
OP's source is sketchy at best. Americannews has been called disreputable and unreliable by snopes.

Why would anyone take this claptrap seriously.
It doesn't matter if the person who wrote it is actually a mother, or even a woman. The point that it makes is what is important. If you read through the thread, posters have weighed in on their experience as women so unless you want to accuse all of us of lying, I don't see your point.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:06 PM

30,085 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
That's fine. We do need confident women. But why is it so crazy that we should also raise respectful men? Men who understand no means no? That women deserve respect? Is that really hateful?
We SHOULD raise repectful men! How many times have my boy seen:

1. me hit my wife?
2. me shout at my wife?
3. me diminish the efforts of my wife?
4. my boys allowed to insult my wife?
5. my boys allowed to disrespect my wife?
6. my boys allowed to act to girlfriends in a disrespctful manner?
7. my boys allowed to refer to women in a disrespectful manner?

Answer NEVER- NEVER; My wife is the best person I have ever met and deserves to be treated like a queen. I am wealthy and provide her with anything she may want financially, yet all the respect that I can give. That is what we" nerds" ( I am a reformed thug who is a converted academic nerd) do to women.

Boys tend to interract with women in accordance to how they have been raised and shown how to treat women. My wife is the best person I have ever met in my life and treat her accordingly. Both my wife and I have had discussions with the boys that every girl they date/interract with is somebody's daughter. If there is any disrespect or abuse, they will answer to us with severe consequences.

Both of my boys are over 6'2", can bench over 350 lbs, have GPAs over 3.80 in college, don't use drugs, and work between school (one in graduate school and also pledged to the marine corps, the other in education and working on the writer's workshop with plans to teach in highschool). One has a girlfriend for three years, the other for 1.5 years.

Insecure jerks treat women poorly.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:19 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,151,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
We SHOULD raise repectful men! How many times have my boy seen:

1. me hit my wife?
2. me shout at my wife?
3. me diminish the efforts of my wife?
4. my boys allowed to insult my wife?
5. my boys allowed to disrespect my wife?
6. my boys allowed to act to girlfriends in a disrespctful manner?
7. my boys allowed to refer to women in a disrespectful manner?

Answer NEVER- NEVER; My wife is the best person I have ever met and deserves to be treated like a queen. I am wealthy and provide her with anything she may want financially, yet all the respect that I can give. That is what we" nerds" ( I am a reformed thug who is a converted academic nerd) do to women.

Boys tend to interract with women in accordance to how they have been raised and shown how to treat women. My wife is the best person I have ever met in my life and treat her accordingly. Both my wife and I have had discussions with the boys that every girl they date/interract with is somebody's daughter. If there is any disrespect or abuse, they will answer to us with severe consequences.

Both of my boys are over 6'2", can bench over 350 lbs, have GPAs over 3.80 in college, don't use drugs, and work between school (one in graduate school and also pledged to the marine corps, the other in education and working on the writer's workshop with plans to teach in highschool). One has a girlfriend for three years, the other for 1.5 years.

Insecure jerks treat women poorly.
That's how you do it.

You sound a lot like my husband (though he and I have been nerds all our lives ).

We will do the same with our future kid.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:35 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
I can't get past the stupid headline and the completely lame and played out *mic drop*.

**** off.
Especially when written by someone who did not stun the audience into reflective silence. Those who use it the most are typically very impressed with themselves - moreso than anyone else - and are extremely self absorbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh I get their poor attempt at satire. This wasn't written by an actual mom of a six-year-old who looks at her daughter and pictures her chugging beer and having oral sex in a few years. The stuff about swimming in the bathtub with goggles, falling asleep in the bed, loving ponies and the pink bike....Jesus, they forgot the fairytale princess playhouse and the tea party...

The blogger believes women who oppose the bathroom-free-for-all are overly paranoid nutjobs who see sexual predators everywhere they look, so they created an extremist character to mock women. Funny that when I clicked on the link that they said this rant originated from, the page was a blank. Women concerned with safety and privacy are caricatures to this person. Yet another stupid and condescending tactic that won't win anyone to their way of thinking. Between this and the Aimee Toms video, why do pro-coed bathroom people feel the need to lie so much?
That deserved a mic drop.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:35 PM

30,085 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That's how you do it.

You sound a lot like my husband (though he and I have been nerds all our lives ).

We will do the same with our future kid.

"Future kid"? God be with you (we are Catholics and that is what we seem to say). If you think about it, that is what Christ said to the Apostles after he had risen.

I am a mean, hard working, academic SOB, who has two advanced degrees and a good scientific background. However, I was raised poor white trash and am a laborer at heart. I have been a "slave" to "the man" for many, many years to arrive at where I am today.

Girls NEED TO BE RAISED to be confident, have pride in themselves, confidence in science, and a sense of independence that does not involve men. A confident, independent woman will not be attracted to, or submit to a man who seeks dominance and control of a spouse/girlfriend.

I dated many, many girls prior to datnig my wife. I never sought to control the life of a woman, as I would never want someone to control my life. My wife is a very independent woman who would be considered a "feminist" by many conservatives (I am a staunch conservative). I really cannot understand men who would want the woman they love to live under observation, lack of trust, and ability to live free.

If you cannot trust the woman you love to live free and independently, do you really love her in the first place?

Old 05-20-2016, 08:48 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Maybe silly in its tone, but it is true that worrying about people getting raped in Target bathrooms because of some transgendered people is also ridiculous.
For the 100th time, it's not fear of transgendered people, it's the ones who will pretend to be transgendered in order to go into the restroom without question. But you all knew that - you just like to pretend that's not the point - much like the author of the piece, failure to acknowledge the actual problem, people are mocking and belittling females. Clinton has nothing on some of you and your wars against females.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies