Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 01:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Of all the responses, only 1 country named so far.

Depending on what year one chooses, Switzerland confederation began in 1291 while the current gov has remained the same since 1848.
All.

Just wiki yourself a list of countries.

Edit: I mean all countries are the enemy of the people.

Last edited by No_Recess; 06-02-2016 at 01:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 01:22 PM

59,199 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The documentation, the increasing Police State and majority of people, all indicate history has repeated itself, with our own governments getting tyrannical and oppressive by the minute....
Like I said, you are free to believe whatever you want.

That doe NOT make it true in others eyes.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:22 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Name one anarchy that succeeded. That's the only alternative to national unified government.

Even the South during the civil war didn't fall into anarchy, although some states came very close to it. The Confederacy, though weak from the beginning, never fell apart.

The southerners were smarter than to think no central government would ever be strong enough to defeat a unified government. Even Texas was smarter than to believe a government becomes the enemy of the people when they formed their own before becoming admitted to the union.

I don't think America is ready just yet to be ruled by a bunch of regional warlords, the form of government that always follows anarchy.

A warlord worth his salt wouldn't give a tinker's damn about the Constitution or anything in it. All warlords are dictators with armies.

where do you come up with this feather headed stuff anyway?

Old 06-02-2016, 01:23 PM

59,199 posts, read 27,388,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
an extra ration of bread for comrade!
Since the govt you so love was looking over your shoulder as you typed your praise, who can blame you?
"the govt you so love was looking over your shoulder as you typed"

Prove it.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:27 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,601,950 times
Here is just one.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,463,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Throughout history. Every government created, has eventually become the enemy of the people.
Switzerland. Sweden. Singapore.

That's just the S's that come to mind. I can do the whole alphabet for you if you'd like.

Don't see any of "the people" in those places rioting and raising hell about their governments. Not to say none of them have ever had periods of conflict and war - just about everyone has. But they seem pretty happy today with a good standard of living.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,126,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why would you conflate society with gang violence? Maybe you and your thuggish govt should move on... I hear Somalia is nice this time of year
I am surprised you aren't typing from Somalia.... If you truly believe in the power of the individual and other nonsense like rugged individualism in 2016.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:48 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,126,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
You shouldn't be one of the sheeple ALL of your life.
Try to wake up. You can do it.
The problem is I am wide awake and I see about 3 moves ahead of what you see. People can wish upon a star for a truly dog eat dog world, but I think a lot of people would be very surprised how weak they truly are.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I will name one - the United States of America. I don't believe that our government is an enemy of the people - whatever that trite phrase is supposed to mean. I think you are confusing your personal beliefs for facts. You might think that our current government is an enemy, but that does mean that everyone shares that opinion or that it is actually true.
Fact or belief?
Why are so many incarcerated, and hurt nor stole from no one and the ramp up of the Police State we have today, in the last 24 years... coming and coming-taking and taking, as they take more and more liberties. Because government knows how to manage it better than I do. Why are law enforcement getting randomly shot at? That is new! They are friends? Or have they made enemies.

The most scariest thing anyone will ever hear?
Hi, I'm from the government and here to help.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Like I said, you are free to believe whatever you want.

That doe NOT make it true in others eyes.

Whatcha gonna believe? The rational facts I presented, or those lying eyes and ears that don't make sense, when looking at the evidence....

The facts are hard to make go away. The facts make it into evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies