Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 05:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hmmmm....quite informative.

Democracy doesn't suit them. And there's nothing wrong with that.

You might want to ask the women 'bout that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 05:59 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hmmmm....quite informative.

And you're right about Arabs. They're tribal in nature. Tribe and family come first. The only way to deal with them is by recognizing this first and foremost.

Democracy doesn't suit them. And there's nothing wrong with that.
As I've said before: Their country, their rules. The US, EU and the UN need to stay out of it.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You might want to ask the women 'bout that.
You know so little about the Middle East and it's realities.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
As I've said before: Their country, their rules. The US, EU and the UN need to stay out of it.
Lemme just say that you're a breath of fresh air around here on the topic of the Middle East. You deal in reality. And although you're rightly pro-Israel, you have a good knowledge of Arabs and you respect them and their culture. Most other pro Israel types have NO knowledge of the region or local cultures. They just know that they hate Arabs and Islam...without even knowing a single Arab and never visiting the region.

Why these Goyim try to be more Israeli than the Israelis themselves is beyond me. But they sound deranged.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
You know so little about the Middle East and it's realities.
Tell me more.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Tell me more.
There are numerous threads I've typed in. Read through them and you'll figure out that DD is correct about me and you may learn something by reading my posts in other threads. Me telling you about Arabs and the Middle East is off topic for this thread. I am pro Israel, but I am not anti Arab or anti Muslim. I've already given a link that Obama came into office with the intention to further the US from Israel in an attempt to get better ties with the Arabs. I'll place the link in again for you to read:

Martin Indyk: Obama

Quote:
In the early days of his administration, President Barack Obama had a theory about Israel. “It was a wrong theory of the case,” says longtime diplomat Martin Indyk, but a theory nonetheless: If the president could put distance between the United States and Israel, then just maybe he could build up credibility with the Arab world...

Old 06-05-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
There are numerous threads I've typed in. Read through them and you'll figure out that DD is correct about me and you may learn something by reading my posts in other threads. Me telling you about Arabs and the Middle East is off topic for this thread. I am pro Israel, but I am not anti Arab or anti Muslim. I've already given a link that Obama came into office with the intention to further the US from Israel in an attempt to get better ties with the Arabs. I'll place the link in again for you to read:

Martin Indyk: Obama
I had read that and also watched Frontline in which much of this was included in the episode. My question is what realities am I missing?

Thanks

Old 06-06-2016, 11:56 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,050,389 times
He is black, with a Muslim stepfather and spent a lot of time in Indonesia. His best friend in college was a Pakistani. Of course he is sympathetic to Muslims.

That being said, this country is sometimes misled by pro Jew propaganda. Iran is not that evil either.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
He is black, with a Muslim stepfather and spent a lot of time in Indonesia. His best friend in college was a Pakistani. Of course he is sympathetic to Muslims.

That being said, this country is sometimes misled by pro Jew propaganda. Iran is not that evil either.
Should he be LESS sympathetic to Muslims? Is being sympathetic to Muslims a bad thing?

Old 06-07-2016, 12:37 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Remember in 1967 when THOUSANDS of tanks were at Israeli borders? Imagine how would you feel. Not much has changed since that time so your thinking is clearly not in keeping with historical facts.
Yeah. I remember. A former shipmate of mine suffered 3rd degree burns all over his back while rescuing his injured mates out of the boiler room of the USS Liberty after it was strafed and torpedoed by the Israeli air force.

I was serving on a sister ship to the Liberty by then, but for the whims of the Navy and the grace of God, I could have been with him.

Do you really want to know how I feel? Do not start preaching historical facts to me, buddy. We should have stopped giving money to that bunch of losers as soon as they attacked one of our ships.

They are an underhanded, untrustworthy, hostile ally and a thorn in the side of peace in the middle east. That's how I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies